1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Official MAC client now (again) available!

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:58 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello MAC friends,

With a bit of struggle and non-explainable issues, we finally thanks to help with the community have an official MAC client again, like before.

Not only that, but the first previous Gr2d errors on widescreen are solved as well. Almost perfectly.

If you are currently using the 'workaround' version of the MAC client, please get our version instead. The workaround version has the Windows files for everything, and this causes Wine to freeze when specific sounds play. We have (for long time) solved that in our build, and have solved that now again. So pirates will no longer crash your client.

Thanks to multiple community members for digging into it once we requested users to do that, since thanks to that we now got our MAC client up and running again. It's still a bit confusing why some things work and some things don't though.

The current default setting is Widescreen WINDOWED. The reason for that is because there's yet again an unexplained issue where full screen widescreen crashes the client after selecting your character. I believe this can potentially fixed by implementing borderless windowed. We'll look into it in future, since we need implement it in our .dll mod.

To play widescreen + full screen the workaround for this right now is the following

Login as normal. You will see two windows in one. After getting in-game you go to in-game settings and change the setting to full screen. After doing that, the game will be in one window.

Unfortunately you need to do this every-time you boot the client again.

B-but Kimmy I want to play in 800x600

If you wish to play in the nostalgic 800x600 you first need go to the MapleLegends root directory and open Legends.ini In this configuration file you see a string that says 'HDClient = true' change this to 'HDClient = false'.

Then, in Wineskin "set screen options", change virtual desktop size to 800x600. Your client will now bootup in 800x600 until you change it back.

Known Issues:
    • Going into the Cash Shop twice in widescreen (assuming when full screen) crashes your client. Likely same cause as the selecting character crash.
    • Selecting a character in widescreen + full screen causes the client to crash
    Thank you once again for the patience and if anyone can figure out how to get full screen completely working even if you pick your character and without having to toggle please let us know! I think however the solution to this problem will be borderless windowed.

Download link:
    Click here

Mirrors will be slowly created, such as Google Drive and Mediafire.

Thanks as always to NiseNise for making the MAC build based on the way the community figured out it works on.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. misqi

misqi Orange Mushroom

Jul 30, 2019
    3:58 PM
    Page
    Thanks so much for all the hard work! OnionLove

3. hotelmikey

hotelmikey Mano

Nov 1, 2019
    3:58 PM
    Govvther
    Cleric
    Im getting GR2D error

"Failed in finding proper screen mode for Gr2D

4. UselessFish

UselessFish Red Snail

Nov 9, 2019
    6:58 AM
    KaiLan
    Are there any official solutions to Mac nothing showing after double clicking the application?

I have tried:
    1) In Legends.ini change HDClient = true to HDClient = false
    2) Refresh the wineskin wrapper
    3) Opens a terminal and execute: sudo chown -R <mac username> /Applications/MapleLegends.app/Contents/Resources/

But currently still nothing happens after I double click the application.

My version is Mojave 10.14.6

Any help is highly appreciated.

5. Danathan

Danathan Orange Mushroom

Oct 13, 2019
    Male
    4:58 PM
    Danathan
    Dark Knight
    Perion
    Thanks for the hard work towards this client!

I'm on the same boat as the two comments above me. Can't get on through the client I just downloaded. Going to keep trying new methods

EDIT:
    FIXED Solution for MAC users:

1. Change client to not be using HDClient:
    • Right click on MapleLegends > Show Package Contents > drive_c > Neckson > MapleLegendsHD > Legends.ini
    • In Legends.ini you change HDClient = true to HDClient = false.
      • Remember to save the file!
      • You can open this file with any text editor, your Mac should come with TextEdit and that should be enough."
    2. Toggling wine to use Mac Driver (instead of X11 as previously suggested)
    • Right click on MapleLegends > Show Package Contents > double click Wineskin > set screen options > check "Mac driver" under "Window system" and make sure "retina mode" is unchecked.

3. Open wine > Advanced > Refresh Wrapper

4. Open the Game launcher and enjoy :D
    @UselessFish @hotelmikey

6. cyzzacle

cyzzacle Blue Snail

Nov 15, 2019
    5:58 PM
    Nali
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks and update everyone on how I got it working.

TL;DR combined what UselessFishUselessFish and DanathanDanathan did.

Steps:
    1: Changed client to HDClient = false in Legends.ini
    2: Toggle Wine to use Mac Driver instead of X11
    3: Opens a terminal and execute: sudo chown -R <mac username> /Applications/MapleLegends.app/Contents/Resources/ (for some reason after I follow only DanathanDanathan 's instructions it did not launch.
    4: Open Activity Monitor and force quit anything related to "Wine" or "Maple" just in case
    5: Refresh Wine wrapper
    6: launch! :)

some order of this might matter but I haven't tested

Specs:
    High Sierra 10.13.6
    MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2015 15-inch
    Processor and Graphics: Intel