1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HP/MP/EXP Bar size in the HD client.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ratsun, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Ratsun

Ratsun Mano

Dec 29, 2018
    Male
    11:28 PM
    Ratsun
    Dragon Knight
    Hello, first and foremost I'd like to say that the new client looks amazing, seeing each map feels like a new experience.
    That being said the only issue I am finding with how the new client looks, is how small the chat, and hp/mp/exp bar is.
    It makes keeping track of HP more difficult for me atleast, I'm not sure about the rest of you.
    It certainly looks out of place seeing how it takes up much less of the screen then it did in the origional client.

I dont imagine this is to much of an issue with people with bigger monitors, but my 15inch screen makes the hp bar so small it's less then a 1/4 inch.

I attached a screenshot to show what exactly I'm talking about if I wasnt clear.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    2:28 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Agree this would be a nice change. It's pretty hard to keep track of zerk for me with how small the hp bar is now. I go back to the old client just because the hp bar is more noticeable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Ratsun

Ratsun Mano

Dec 29, 2018
    Male
    Ratsun
    Dragon Knight
    Exactly! I spend most my time on my Drk these days and its made bossing at zak and such a literal eye sore. The map looks so beautiful but I have to squint my eyes and try to read the hp bar for 90% of the boss fight.

4. Hito

Hito Stone Golem

May 4, 2017
    Straya
    2:28 PM
    Ainu
    Hermit
    Galaxy
    I too would like what I am christening "Big Bars". Big Bars would remove the dread of bottom-left-only-looking and make the added real estate beneficial for better HP awareness.

Make it another flag to configure alongside the HD mode so that even if people run HD they don't have to have Big Bars if they don't want.

Dew it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    personally, I can say "player skill issue" but I can agree its small so you have to pay attention more, if the UI could either get "bigger" or "extended" , that would be nice :3

6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]
    I decided to play around with the Window's magnifier feature. Windows key and "+" activates it, then I went into lens mode in the options and with that I just moused over my HP bar after playing with the size of the lens. It even worked in fullscreen. This is what it looks like at 200%.

I couldn't figure out how to just keep it in that one spot though, the lens just follows my mouse where ever. I guess that's not a big deal in Maple though.

Is this even allowed? Does it break the Terms of Service when it comes to third party software? It's an accessibility option that comes with Windows so I hope not.

Otherwise I'll need to tell my optometrist about my player skill issues causing eye strain.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:28 AM
    Moderator Post
    I allow the use of that windows feature. However, if any GM has a reasonable objective against it I may change this opinion. Also, we have taken the feedback people have and started to develop another resolution (1024x768). Of course, like the current one, this is optional and will be an additional option. This is still early in development though so no promises or anything as usual!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This won't directly fix the HP/MP issue... but at least it's a higher resolution that is slightly smaller.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1