1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Regarding Omok and Match Cards

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:56 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

As you may know, we are currently completely re-coding the minigames, making great progress. We've started to begin coding the BMS-like point formula with a bit of a mix from this in it (see: here)

The point system is what I wanted to talk about because right now as we are currently re-constructing the point system, we run slightly into a conflict.

The ELO system / BMS-leak uses partly the wins/loses/ties from the players, meaning that points are effected by stats.

This means that if everyone gets reset to 2000 points, but keep the other stats, the formula will still conflict and do not feel authentic.

Unfortunately, this means the only option we have is to completely wipe all stats of all minigames once we complete the point formula.

Some people (including myself actually) have 100's of games on Omok, and I can totally understand that losing that is slightly discouraging.

However, many people also asked us for years to have ELO/more authentic point system, and we are excited to finally have that accomplished.

We hope you understand this has to be done and we see you back on the battlefield once we are finished re-coding Omok (and match cards!)

I'll keep a backup of the stats just in case we want to preserve it anywhere once it's wiped.

This is the closest of a hype4wipe people will likely ever get. Hey, those asking for a wipe never asked what they wanted wiped. Gotcha. You better play MapleLegends again.
    --------
    Secondly, we checked on feedback regarding the latest changes, since none has approached us directly for feedback, unfortunately. Pls give us feedback ty

We've noticed people have a struggle getting the minigame set in a decent phase, nor that there's any on sale in the Free Market.

Back in 2015 I actually wanted to make Omok/Match Cards much easier to get, but this was in end canceled because we were still in the 'everything should be really hard to get' era.

Personally back then, and even now I don't see a point making something extremely tedious to get that make people more social and playing together. Therefore, when we are getting closer to completion of Omok / Match Cards I am going make them easier to obtain, likely by making the amount needed to craft one less, because I feel making the drop rates themselves easier will only make it also slightly annoying for those that have no intentions of getting these items.

That's all for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    9:56 PM
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    my -800000 omok score though kimmy...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:56 AM
    Moderator Post
    upload_2019-11-21_22-36-30.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I have -17k in Omok so I'm doing great tbh

WRT: making Omok sets easier to get. I actually spent a solid day farming Omok pieces and was able to get 100 mushroom and 100 Slime after 1 day of dedicated farming so it wasn't that bad. A big part of this was the nostalgia factor of saving up Omok pieces from GMS and I felt pretty accomplished after successfully finishing my set.

I also had like 4 extra Omok boards, I put them up in FM for 50-100k and no one seemed to want to buy them.

That being said it'd probably lower the barrier for Omok gamed if the prerequisite was lowered from 100 -> 50. I don't have any strong feelings about it either way but I do think the drop rate is fine as is.

Ty for fixing Omok I love Omok

6. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    10:56 PM
    Shadower
    upload_2019-11-21_15-20-58.png

uhhhhhh

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    5:56 AM
    I have to say, with regard to the difficulty of getting an omok set, it 100% should be made easier. I'm saying this as someone who has farmed multiple sets (and bought a few from FM as well when I got too burnt out on farming them). For what is ultimately a minigame that doesn't influence the main game in any way (aside from perhaps riding mesos on the outcome of a game or something), I really don't feel that there should be some big barrier to entry like there currently is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I am torn on this decision to make the games easier to obtain. I went through some extraordinary efforts to get an Omok Set of each of the 12 types (can't imagine why I chose to do this), and I have sold many, many sets in the FM and am hoping to continue to do so.
    In my experience, I find the 6 sets of Victoria Island relatively easy to make. Whether you're a quester or a grinder, you're going to get enough Omok pieces to make one - especially true if you grind on Slimes and Orange Mushrooms. The Pig drops are often enough that if you really wanted this version, it's not out of reach at all. The rarest of these would be the Octopus pieces because grinding/questing on Octopodes doesn't have that many efficient maps to choose from, and the two that are the most efficient do not have spawn rates that are equivalent to the other three groups - but it is, nevertheless, not that difficult.
    Of the 6 sets of Ludibrium, the only piece that is so easy and abundant to find is the Pink Teddy. With this in mind, making half of a Ludi set is dirt simple. While the Panda & Blocktopus pieces drop with relatively good frequency, the maps they can be farmed on are not at all efficient. Panda Teddy's are best farmed at Sky Terrace 5, which is decent at best. The maps in Eos Tower that the Blockopodes inhabit are very inefficient maps to farm in. The only saving grace of the Panda & Blocktopus pieces is that the drop rates are reasonably high. Trixters are the rarest because of their spawn locations. It doesn't matter which map and how easy it is to kill them, there isn't a map that isn't annoying to try to farm those on. The Monster Card drops for these mobs are so ridiculously high (not complaining) that sometimes I'll get a set of 5 Monster Cards without ever getting an Omok piece.
    I definitely see the argument that it shouldn't be difficult to obtain something that has absolutely no effect on game play - especially when it is something that is a fun side-element of the game. I also believe that people who are trying to make mesos are having one less way to do this. I usually can sell Match Card sets for 100k each, a Vic Island Omok Set for 1-1.5M, and an Ludi Omok Set for 1-2M.
    I'm not sure if having our game making NPCs capable of selling the sets is a good idea or not, but if it becomes like what Neckson did in GMS where all you need is 1 Monster Card to make a set and 1 of each Piece & Board to make an Omok Set, I'm going to be severely disappointed. I'm not against making these easier to make - I believe they should be. Just not ridiculously easy to make.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    12:56 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Agree with AnnolisAnnolis

Making a game wasn't that tedious. It just took some time. Especially match cards are easy as is since the cards drop from a lot of mobs.

Especially with max etc slots increased to 100 something, people can just hoard the minigame etcs without affecting QoL too much.

• Friendly Friendly x 1