1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make it fair for those unable to multi account vote (12/2/2019)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cakesogood, Nov 26, 2019.

Is Voting for AP Resets fair for people unable to vote for multiple Accounts?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2019.
  1. Yes if gtop does not allow you but allows me it is fair

9.5%
  2. No it isn't fair for the people who are unable to vote on multiple accounts

19.0%
  3. New Suggestion 2 seems to be the most fair for old players

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. How do i delete this poll

47.6%
  5. Do a flip

9.5%
  6. Gm help me delete pole so i can make a new pole

4.8%
  7. poll*

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    2:55 PM
    I never said anything to the contrary of this.
    Nor this
    Closer to 90 days. Read my earlier post.

Not really, considering the vast majority of the server has washed way beyond the required amounts for this already and not spent 2 years doing so...
    A change to a timer is a way WAY smaller change than buffing everyone's ability to gain HP.

I could maybe concede that we should be adding another grindable HP item, but grindable AP resets would be too OP and bottomless imo

One other thing I just want to say is that everything I'm saying here is my personal opinion and thoughts on the matter. While I am a staff member, my opinions won't necessarily reflect the opinions of the staff as a whole, and I'm not part of the balance team (although my input is, of course, considered by those who are). My goal here also isn't just to be contrarian, but to have an actual discussion about it. I appreciate my tone can come across as quite confrontational but that's mostly a bi-product of me trying to get to the bottom of how you're thinking about it

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    10:55 PM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If you want to talk about accessing the situation, perhaps you could spend some time calculating how much NX is needed to achieve PB-ready HP instead of shrugging it off and exaggerating it by saying "YEARS"?

As for why I'm against this idea, I'm sure the reply you've gotten on the post above mine has answered your question.

3. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    was addressing directly to future possible contents like pb as mentioned, surely players would plan for that, washing a NL/BM or any other squishy classes to 12-13k hp clean for surviving it, due to not having wods, can never be done in 90 days, let alone 180.

am personally very glad to hear this, still doesnt change the fact that the most effective way of obtaining resets is through voting which really dont take much effort at all and in actual fact if you think about it, has got nothing to do with the game lol

yes i get that, and sincerely appreciate your responses

4. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    Good for you lol... However, you seemed to be the 0.00001% of the population who no life grinds daily. I don’t even make 300m within a week. I hope you don’t get burn out <Genuine concern for people who grind full time>.

I’ve seen a heck ton of people grind to get item X, to get HP Y, to get level Z, only to quit halfway, or once they accomplish their goals. With regards to mules, there’s also a lot of people who started their own “new journey” without these mules because of how pointless they felt it was at the end. I sincerely do hope that you don’t eventually become one of them, given how glad you are boasting about making your ME mule within a week.

But back to the AVERAGE ML player, most people won’t even hit 155 in a couple of MONTHS for HT, so I fail to see why there is a pressing need to further speed up the HP washing process besides the current vote system in place.

And, with regards to my washing, I spend HALF of my voting nx on cosmetics too ☺️. I’m a crazy NX spender on cosmetics, so not exactly 1.5 years, and for FOUR, not 2 (Ice, Bishop, NL, and Bow) characters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    good say sir, you havent been reading the thread lol, this thread isnt about me, it doesnt matter what i do, maybe i am lucky maybe i am not, there are many types of players out there some are good some are bad, dont wrong me i am not boasting in anyway, i was just replying to one of the other person whom like you doesnt really understand what this thread is about

this thread isnt about how we are going to make money within a short time, comparing mesos making ability or comparing grinding ability, this thread is about what i said earlier

"the most effective way of obtaining resets is through voting which really dont take much effort at all and in actual fact if you think about it, has got nothing to do with the game lol"

you mentioned you washed your character, washing 1k hp is considered washing as well but again this thread isnt about that, this thread is about providing an alternate means of obtaining resets, focus on the issue and not 20 other things, i hope you understand

6. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    11:55 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I really swear that im going to kill myself everytime a new player suggest for a massive change. :(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    10:55 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    This is a warning to those participating in the discussion, please keep personal attacks out and keep it informational.

All parties must remain thoughtful without calling each other names. Future posts violating this may be removed without warning and the poster may receive warning points.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Sometimes I see new players come onto this server suggesting shortcut changes, and it frustrates me to hear even though as a player I have nothing to do with the creation and management of this game. It just seems a bit ignorant. I'm not speaking to anyone singularly here, but just wanted to say a few things.

The last thing I'd ever want to do is push people toward another server because ML is a fantastic game with an even better community. But this is an old-school Maplestory server. Sometimes people are asking for an entirely different experience, which would allow people to more easily create high-HP characters for endgame/bossing purposes. There shouldn't (and hopefully won't) be an "easy" way to create that here just because newer players want it. People work really hard and commit for a very long time to wash high-HP characters and arriving fresh on a server and asking for paradigm-shifting changes to the long-standing system just isn't reasonable.

People also don't need to vote for a year plus in order to boss anyways. There are PLENTY of ways to get a lot of HP that don't involve washing... Read Akash's forum post on HP Washing. Instead of hypothetically grinding AP Resets from mobs as this forum post suggests, you could grind mobs for cards and get than tier 10 monster book ring which gives 1,000 HP.

People have already mentioned that you can get extra NX/AP Resets during events, and that is also true for this Halloween event. 300 candies can be traded for a single AP Reset, and if you're level like, lvl ~70 (a guess) or higher it should only take 2-3 hours to get that many. Unfortunately the Halloween event is ending soon, but hopefully a Christmas one should be coming. During Summer and Anniversary event, I've seen hardcore players literally grinding all day at high-spawn maps to get the 100/250 nx cash drops from monsters. As people have mentioned, you could probably also get enough NX for an AP Reset every ~2 hours (also a guess) with an LPQ mule.

If you stick around long enough there are plenty of opportunities throughout a calendar year to build up NX from grinding, considering ML seems to be hosting some kind of event for 4-5 months out of a year (Anniversary, Summer, Halloween, Christmas if I'm not missing any).

Happy Thanksgiving yall :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    I'm not new I am an OG. I played this when 2017 respect you're elders m8. I just came back from 2 years break so I'm considered new. I am aware GACH was removed from voting due to VOTE to win so vote for hp should be removed as well and replaced with an alternative that is earned IN GAME.

10. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    "Respect your elders" lol... OG or not you took a 2-year break, seem to have not voted during that time, and returned asking for a shortcut. I didn't say anything disrespectful to you man, all I said is that suggesting a shortcut to HP washing is ignorant, which it is because it uproots a fundamental facet of this server and undermines the hard work of probably hundreds of people who took a lot of time and effort to wash their characters.

The rest of my last comment was offering you advice on how to alleviate the amount of time it takes to wash a character.

In case you didn't read it, I explained how you can get HP equips and that there are already in-game methods to earn AP Resets for at least 4-5 months out of the year. Even right now, during the Halloween event. Good luck out there

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    While I agree with you, I think not just you, but many new players who complain about HP washing, have to understand that HP washing goes hand in hand with your meso/level gain because you need HP, LEVEL and DECENT GEARS to be able to fight those bosses which require HP washing (HT, TOAD). Even if you have 30k hp, if you are still using a Skanda (used on purpose to show exaggeration), you WONT be able to kill HT within the 2h time limit, and even less so Toad.

So, if your level and gears aren’t up to the required standard arbitrarily set by those bosses, HP Washing is USELESS. I really hope you can see why you CANT IGNORE meso/level/gears when you talk about hp washing, and why many people link them together.

12. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Moderator comment: edited out an accusatory sentence.

I came up with an alternative that is (subject to change) that appeases the hard work of pro players and made it so that ap resets do not drop from mobs, however you have to be active for about 1 hour a day to receive 2 ap resets. While removing Ap resets from the cash shop. Currently, vote streak 70days grants you 2 ap resets a day. A very minor buff, and prevents vote for ap resets while making it fair for people who are unable to vote on multiple accounts to wash.

When I said to respect your elders it wasn't towards you, it was towards the guy who said he wanted to kill himself due to my suggestion. Sorry for the misconception. AlthariisaAlthariisa

13. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    I will be making a Reply when I have the time to address the players points for disagreement for this major change.
    Currently, from reading all the replies, I concluded that people do not want this massive change due to

1. Being unfair to the old players who spend years/months of washing
    2. Power Creep
    3. Being able to get ap resets from events, LPQ, GPQ
    4. Hp washing is useless
    5. Too easy be patient
    6. Can get hp from the monster book 10 ring etc..

My suggestion can be altered to meet everyone's needs so constructive feedback is appreciated and no toxicity.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    7:55 AM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Hey guys just a friendly reminder washing is optional. :)

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Creative x 1
  15. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    You know that as of right now this server has
    Mark of Naricain ~300 hp
    Tier 10 ring 1000 hp
    Blackfist Cloat ~300 hp
    ellin ring 100hp
    total 1700 bonus hp, which roughly equals 95 hp washes.
    Which is enough for ranged classes to go for HT to leech off DPSers at 155 using HB to survive leg/tail.
    also theres this
    and pet equips for hp scrolls ~450+ hp
    since you can have 3 pets out (i.e. 3 equips) decently scrolled

Also, after some hp washing discussions from back in 2017 every event we have since then had always provided some way for players to grind AP resets.

So lets say that people in this thread think that isn't enough
    "I'm hardcore and want a 9.5k+ hp on a ranged character by grinding alot to obtain that in just a couple months because i'll reach toad levels before an event even occurs"
    Yeah, sounds like a strawman but it isn't, thats literally what I'm reading in this thread.
    Others have already said, well if you're that hardcore might as well go make an lpq mule and farm nx there and do cwpq too. Also some have already pointed out that you still need to fund int-gears to wash and damage-gears to do dmg.

Also you need to level your character to 169 to do the "first boss that requires hp washing", which is Vergamot. Meanwhile, the hardest hitting non-dodgeable attack at vergamot does 10k - 11.5k dmg which is 7.3k hp + HB to survive. (which takes <2 months washing and removing base ints + mon + T6 ring)

But assume that you do reach lvl 175 before the next event where you can grind AP resets, where you've gotten all the int gears to wash efficiently, and have fully funded damage gears, and obtained all the hp possible in game to reduce the amount of AP resets needed, and the only limiting factor is AP resets because you haven't gotten enough nx to wash out your mp for Toad. Congratulations, you will by far be the most hardcore person on this server ever and this super custom addition to the game should be added to cater to you, because you cannot go on toad runs which means you miss out on like <40m exp?

Using toad as a point to get more AP resets is just stupid. Its seriously optional content, drops nothing and gives decent but not amazing exp. Just be honest, it sounds like you guys want 30k hp ranged characters.

Summary:
    Funding/leveling a ranged dpser will take at least 6months, with that amount of time you would probably have 2-3 lovely events where you can grind AP resets to accelerate your insane hp goal, with sensible hp goals you would always finish washing before you finish funding/leveling.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    This is extremely important that I feels need to be STRESSED OUT to all new players claiming that you need MONTHS or YEARS for your character to be playable. You won’t be able to do those content “locked behind HP washing” if you don’t have the levels, AND equipment suitable for them either.

TLDR: Use the time you wait for voting NX to get your levels and gears and you WILL be fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    You can't assume everyone takes the same time in days to get gears/levels some people are luckier others are more hardworking. Some even have friends to fund them. To put the main way of getting ap resets voting is not fair to those who put in more work daily.

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Thanks for the insight I agree with many of your points. That you take 2months of voting or less to have required ap resets+hp equips to explore all bossing content .

However, how about those who want 20~30K hp for (achievement purposes/easier time bossing) instead of just for tanking bosses. Which having high hp has actually major advantages (not optional btw)such as using fewer pots and attention during bossing.

What are you're thoughts on the main way of getting Ap Resets being voting on the site where some people are unable to vote on multiple characters like others.

19. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    There it is. RIP drks

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    If you want 20k-30k hp on a ranged character stop crying about it and wait, its your decision, an entirely extreme decision you've made to hinder your progress in the game when you could have played normally. Especially when you want your first washed character to be a ranged with 20k-30k. You want the "glory" you gotta earn it.

FEweR PotS ANd aTteNtIoN iN bOSsIng - HAHAHA nice job saving a couple hundred honster in a boss run (<500k mesos saved wooooow so not optional), 1/1s still exist, hold down 1 button for too long? you stop attacking. a NL pays as much attention with 6k, 10k, 20k or 30k hp. Bm? sair? yeah im pretty sure you definitely don't need to pay attention as those classes

I don't know if you've realised but some people who've replied to this thread are extremely hardcore players (not me tho), their opinions are very valid.
    Don't complain about not being able to get a 20-30k ranged character in 3 monthsOnionBaby.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.