1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make it fair for those unable to multi account vote (12/2/2019)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cakesogood, Nov 26, 2019.

Is Voting for AP Resets fair for people unable to vote for multiple Accounts?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2019.
  1. Yes if gtop does not allow you but allows me it is fair

9.5%
  2. No it isn't fair for the people who are unable to vote on multiple accounts

19.0%
  3. New Suggestion 2 seems to be the most fair for old players

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. How do i delete this poll

47.6%
  5. Do a flip

9.5%
  6. Gm help me delete pole so i can make a new pole

4.8%
  7. poll*

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    4:38 AM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]

GTOP seems to work fine. And that streak is with missing a day occasionally as well because there's a fairly big grace period. And on the days where GTOP actually does break you'd find that Kimmy is gracious enough to pause the vote streak timer globally as well, and in a couple instances add in some bonus voting cash. It's a very lenient system.

Have you considered that around this server, patience is a skill all of its own? This has been the main game I've played since January 2017, with a few hiatuses dotted in. I've yet to accomplish any true end game goals, only some minor goals along the way. Those goals keep me interested, and give me the structure of something to work towards. And those goals grow loftier by the day. Instead of desiring the gratification of finishing my goals, I take in the experiences along the way, and enjoy the time I spend with the people I've surrounded myself with. I'm thankful for them because it's a shared experience, we're all pushing to become better together and work towards goals in a community.

That's where the issue with any radical changes comes in, it's a massive shift in the ecosystem and pre-established balance among the people who have come to love the game as it stands now. At this point everything under the sun has been thrown out in this thread, and there's a tendency to stop taking a person seriously once they feel alienated by the other side. That's ultimately where I've seen this thread go, and because of that I don't know if any suggestion is taken too seriously anymore. It's been the case for most threads precisely like this one and I imagine it will be the case for any future threads as well.

Suggestion 2 and 3 aren't unreasonable, but then again suggestion 3 has been implemented before for special events and suggestion 2 doesn't actually make it take any less long to wash, it just gives access to conveniences like Owls and Smegas. It also seems rather odd to advocate for no vote-2-win while simultaneously wanting to triple the output of NX gained from voting.

What I appreciate about Legends so much is that it isn't easy. The beginning and middle of the game aren't made redundant. Everything is progress based, and every part of the game holds meaning. This isn't a server where you can just skip right to the end and have a highly washed ranged attacker. A part of me enjoys all of the stages of play, and though it's taken me a long time to reach the point where I am, I'm glad for all the mistakes I've made with all of my past characters, for the gear I've made and purchased, for the opportunity to push boundaries and be the one to define silly new metas in HH mules and dex buccs, and for all of the friends I've made and laughs I've had all over the game.

To boil all of that down into the endless pursuit of perfection, of the end-game Nightlord with an insane amount of HP and some insane gear, there is no meaning to it without the past struggles that came before reaching your ideal character. It means nothing without the commitment, and that's the issue I see in making HP washing easier. I want to overcome, to build, and that's what has united many of us together to make MapleLegends a genuinely fun community to be a part of.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    7:38 PM
    Xeph
    Bishop

And are you ignoring all the replies giving you suggestion to hunt for HP items then?

Isn’t farming ap reset via in-game grinding what you want? Why can’t you do so during event? We get it, it’s not available ALL the time, but isn’t 50% of the time sufficient? Or are you saying you have the energy to hunt for AP resets EVERYDAY? What you want is AVAILABLE... for god sake... STOP saying as though it’s NOT available.

We get it, you hate getting free stuff via votes, don’t buy AP resets via cash shop then... Every system has its flaws, and I’ve already explained why voting MUST stay, especially via AP resets since the server has already remove the Vote2win aspects, unless you can rationalize and justify how what you suggest will incentivize people to continue to vote with the removal of AP resets from cash shop.

Any Maplestory that claims no Vote2Win is outright lying and have other means to encourage voting because you need votes to maintain GTop rankings. It’s the same as asking a shop to sell items below the cost price... that’s bullshit

Edit: Thread maker has already clearly mentioned why he doesn’t want voting as a way to get NX for in-game benefit items and thus AP Reset, Owl, Mega etc.... because he can’t vote on as many account as others can, and he feels that it’s unfair to him (and others who can’t vote on as many accounts).

• Like Like x 1
  3. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    again, not reading, no one has said that I DO NOT WANT TO HUNT FOR HP ITEMS, people are going to hunt for hp items just as they are right now on top of washing via ap resets. Dont repeat this again unless u havent cleared understand my previous 2 replies to you

you do know that not all event rewards are favourable to ap resets right? these are not a surefire way of obtaining ap resets, THE PROBLEM IS LET ME REPEAT FOR THE LAST TIME, THAT THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY OF OBTAINING RESETS RIGHT NOW IS THROUGH VOTING(PLAYING THE GAME OFFLINE=VOTE 2 WIN) this shouldnt be the way, and even then why do people say that washing is a month-year long commitment reason being some people do spend it on rocks,pet,nx items, some people having commit to one character then decide that they want to try out another class. Players who are not confident that they can stay for the long term then is afraid to commit to classes which require more washing than classes that are not, effectively you are having players who play the game, but are somehow limited to certain classes because they are worried that they may encounter problems in the future contents, you can argue that, currently there are many items that can supplement washing which people are going to do but dont deny the fact that washing is still the most effective way of them all, and it should not be obtaining through offline means just like gachapon tickets

??? this is your best argument? it has nothing to do with the problem we are discussing about, there are many ways you can implement give people the incentive to vote, via cosmetic items, shorter expiry dates, store expiry dates, special pets that is available for limited time, none of it has to be AN ACTUAL ADVANTAGE IN GAME

again dont expose yourself on this lol, this isnt said by me, its on the server description and like i already know, you will spend your time talking majority about everything else except the issue we are discussing over here

threadmaker has his point, other players who agree with him partially has his point, so please, another one of your misconstrued idea about the threadmakers opinion, dont nitpick on one of the many things he says, but focus on the positive effects of his suggestion

just in my humble opinion, and not to upset people who are actually really playing the game offline or taking hiatus while voting to complete a wash

a player playing the game offline should not be able to receive advantage altering items like ap resets and gachapon compared to a player who spends many hours playing (if you disagree with this, idk what to say)

however, if there is a worry to upset people who are actually doing this, we can incentivise players who are playing the game

ideas such as-
    daily quests, (500 etcs for untradable resets, limit of 2 a day)
    accomplishments, (exp gain)
    random tasks/chores
    quest completion

thank you.

4. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    *Sup This whole thread has changed into being fair for those who are unable to multi-account vote to hp wash... and I might have confused people who read the old suggestion. If you disagree why it shouldn't be fair for those whole cant multi-vote please state your reason and ill compile it on the first page.*

5. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    nah... not exposing myself or anything... it's a fact that the server isn't completely removed of votes advantages... If you fail to see it, then sad for you... Maybe this server just isnt for you... There's another server that allows tradable AP Reset, you might want to go there...

In fact, you just made it clear that events are unfavourable to farm AP Resets in your opinion, and thus you REFUSED to farm them using events... In other words, you just want a simpler, more direct way to farm AP Resets.

Won't be replying anymore, point made across by many people...

6. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    lol...... bruhhhh.....

or you can just say that you agree with my point that the current system has vote2win aspects of it, simple as that, its not that difficult to agree and respect someones opinion especially when they are right lol

sad for me? im just pointing it out, im not so sure what is so sad about it

and...........again like i pointed out the fact that you like to focus on a whole lot of troll stuff like

no one ever once mentioned anything about tradable ap resets in this thread, once again idk why u need to bring this point up lol...

I SAID VOTING IS CURRENTLY STILL THE MOST EFFECTIVE WAY OF OBTAINING AP RESETS COMPARED TO EVENT

again you ignored my bold points, and focus on something else

in fact i stand by my words that the rewards on the raffle for this event is much many times more rewarding than trading them for ap resets, i am sure many would agree on this, it isnt necessarily my own opinion and im willing to stand up for it

its fine if you dont reply, in fact if you need anything else like a piece of tissue let me know through DM lol

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:38 PM
    Moderator Post
    This thread reminds me so much of 2016 ML's user base. Back then it was out of control how some reacted when we made it slightly easier, and now people are going crazy again and want it even easier. It doesn't matter which changes get made in the end, because next year that generation of players will complain once more.

MapleLegends is already extremely generous in pretty much every area, including voting/hp washing compared to years ago. That's all I got to say.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    KimberlyKimberly

Hi, nice to meet you, i know ur GM but dont mind my bluntness.

Its pretty disappointing to see such a reply on your side, this is a suggestion section for the community, people actually do put in the effort to make threads and discuss the on-going issues that they are facing. Its not so nice to brush it off as a "complaint".

Also im not sure if you have read the thread in detail, not saying that you need to but perhaps if you could acknowledge some of the issues, problems and suggestion that players have put up.
    And actually tell us what you think about it.

because after all things can always be improved and discussions are the first step to that

9. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    I mean it's the same nx just on more accounts which is fair to people who cant multi vote?

10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We had no streak system back then, we had no NX cards dropping back then, we had no AP resets during events back then, Gachapon was much more brutal, Gachapon cards were Cash Shop only back then, Hunting Gachapon didn't exist, and much and much more.

EDIT: And no monster book ring / pet HP scrolls

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I am just speaking the truth. You need to remember I am here since the beginning of the server (2014), so I've seen every single user and feedback thread so far. Yours is very far from the first one suggesting this, even when this server used to be much harder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    yes i understand it was harder back then i played during that era too for a few months. However, how do you feel about some people being unable to vote on multiple accounts due to GTOPS ip tracking being weird. Do you feel it is unfair for some people?

13. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    I don't understand how it being harder for players back then has any correlation to do with the current voting system favouring people who are able to vote on multiple accounts.

14. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    i do know that you have been here since 2014, not in dispute with you on that, but the answers to the problems shouldnt be "this server used to be much harder" lol........

That is hardly an intelligent way to solve problems. If thats the case this template of reply can be used for every other suggestion then whats the point of having a suggestion if staffs do not acknowledge, review, give their stance on the issues being brought up and then reject or deny after doing that.

15. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The feedback section is to give feedback, not to get anything you want. There are enough suggestions that we have approved in the past, and there's also plenty of them that we didn't. Right now we have no plans to change the vote system, since I see the ideas bought up so far being nothing but a negative addition to the server.

But to give my full thought on all the ideas mentioned in the OP:

This will just make washing easier like some already mentioned in the thread. To give an example, in MapleRoyals, where obtaining AP resets is much easier because they are tradable (and people vote abuse a lot there due to that), almost all attackers are either required to have insane amount of HP to even be accepted in boss parties, and DK's become more and more useless. I do not want that to become a norm here, even though unfortunately that slowly happens over time due to old age

And how can we prevent people from not linking each other's accounts, linking multiple accounts, etc? This solves absolutely nothing in regards to 'some users having it unfair over other', since people can just link multiple accounts and then vote multiple accounts.

Having this for all the time just removes another thing out of events.

16. nolove

nolove Slime

Nov 20, 2019
    doctor666
    Camper
    ok, i see that you have read the first page, but thats not all that was being discussed, what about some of the points made here

17. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor

Hi, I think I found a solution to this problem. Make a fail-proof guide on how to vote on multiple Accounts at once. And Post it as a Sticky on Announcements. For the people unable to multi vote

Because it is still not working for me even when I tried the mentioned steps by asking many people.

18. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    There is no fail-proof guide.
    Gtop fucks people occasionally.

19. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Yeah, i have a lot of bad experiences with that website. I am still surprised that after 10 years private servers still depend so heavily on GTOP for in-game items that cant be obtained elsewhere. Every single server I tried goes into chaos(community complains, price hikes, etc) when GTOP goes into downtime because we rely so heavily upon it.

20. OP
    OP
    cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Final suggestion.. if disagree please tell me why I took a lot of time to meet everyone's needs

New Suggestion 2
    Vote on one IP, get Nx on 3 different accounts(Capped at 3 per IP). 5k on each account. We do this by linking the accounts together on the website. That way we are all able to have equal opportunities in hp washing/owling on multiple accounts. While still keeping the current main way of getting ap resets from the cash shop at a similar rate. Ap Resets remains in the cash shop

Suggestion 2( Final suggestion)
    -
    Capped at 3 accounts linked for 1 IP

-Place back the rule of voting on different IPs being against server rules.
    Since it is a new implementation it would be 3days ban first offence,7 days ban Second offence, permanent ban 3rd offence (Optional Read Spoiler below)

-How is this fair? We now all have equal opportunities for owls and ap resets for those unable to multi-vote. Not completely depend on GTOP's mood to say if we have voted or not

-Why would people not link other's accounts?? because there is a cap of 3 accounts per IP and not an infinite amount of accounts. Furthermore, it requires all login information, emails, birth dates, etc, when linking which equates to account sharing (Bannable by Tos)

-Unable to link accounts when someone has already linked the account.
    (E.g The Id Legend27 has been linked, another player would not be able to link this account. Thus preventing, people linking friend's accounts

-
    Require's all information used registering to the server to link accounts.(Applies the same to unlinking accounts as well)

-How does this solve the problem of being fair-game?
    Bringing back the rule of multi-account voting would deter players from voting on multiple IPs(Optional). We now have equal opportunities to wash, have owls, etc with this system.

-People can still vote abuse?
    I feel that 3 accounts per IP is a fair amount(enough for owls, and washing) and there should be no real reason for people to want to vote-abuse especially when you will get banned for it.

-Not fair to players who went through months for the washing system
    exact same rate of getting ap resets

-How does this benefit me as an OG I've been so loyal.
    You now only need to vote on a single IP once for 3 accounts. and not do the dreaded aeroplane mode, wifi, device, browser, Gtop tracking bullshiet

Linking accounts requires all particulars which is similar to account sharing it is already bannable so bans for multi-voting is not needed. (This applies to people voting for friends)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.