1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sku's Master Quest V2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skuire, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    6:59 PM
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    Discord ID: Anonymous Man#5010
    Preferred IGN: Mamoru

I don't remember what year I started playing on the proper MapleStory server, but it was fairly early on. I always struggled to level up which would get me thinking the my current class 'wasn't for me'. I'm sure in the many many many hours I played during that period, I would have easily made all classes at least once (Adventurers, Cygnus, and Resistance) but despite that probably only averaged a character level of 30.. if that. Suffice to say, I wasn't aware how to grind, nor how to play. This all changed with the Big Bang update and all the following updates that made everything feel different and 'wrong'. Gone were the days where it'd take me a week to get to level 20 and feeling proud of this monumental achievement. It was at this point that my long-time interst in the game started to wane until I couldn't muster any motivation to play.

I originally started MapleLegends to feed my long-term addiction to MapleStory that the original server just couldn't scratch (I just can't break free!). Since starting in mid-2017, I've had a few hiatuses but keep finding my way back to Legends in order to scratch that itch.
    I still maintain the bad habit of jumping mains too frequently, but at least now I'm able to hit 4th job on them.

My current motivation and reason of play is to inflict as much pain on myself as I can. I'm remaking my Bucc and had stayed at 5 str until about level 40 (standard wash life), doesn't sound like much but this is without leeching and without PQing, all on my own energy. It's surprisingly enjoyable and should hopefully pay off down the line.

Anyway, that's my story. My MapleStory.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Legoshi

Legoshi Red Snail

Dec 3, 2019
    Male
    6:59 AM
    Legoshi
    Cleric
    Discord ID: N/A
    Preferred IGN: Legoshi

To me, MapleLegends is a mix of friendship and nostalgia. Over the past few years I developed a group of friends through another game, but as time passed more and more of these friends quit and grew apart. Quite recently, a few of us got back together to try out MapleLegends. Slowly but surely, the old friend group starting being more active and MapleLegends gave us a reason to hang out again. MapleLegends is what got us all back together for our nightly adventures and weekly online meetups. Given that Thanksgiving just passed, I am quite thankful to MapleLegends for keeping our friend group strong and active.

Secondly, MapleLegends is also about nostalgia and trying out things I never got to do in GMS. I started my MapleStory journey over 10 years ago and I was never able to reach fourth job. I was completely free to play as a little kid at the time so I never got to enjoy any of the nx items and I struggled with acquiring good equips and gear. Now in MapleLegends, I get to enjoy all of the things I never got to try in the original GMS. With daily NX and increased drop rates, I’m enjoying MapleStory much more than I did 10 years ago. Hopefully I will be able to hit fourth job this time!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Discord: N/A (You can PM me on Forums!)
    Characters: Road, Bitter

The reason I joined ML? Honestly, thought it was a bit of a laugh. I knew of the server before its release, as I knew Kim from a previous server; the release was on 1 Apr 2015, so I thought it was an April Fools' joke.

How wrong I was.

So, come the end of the second week of MapleLegends, I joined and kept playing for a week or two before school took me away. I tried to focus on real life; be a person, get a decent job, make connections, do "real-world" things.

Then I got sucker-punched into this desire to play again over a summer. It kind of went like this:

A hand reached out from the ground and grasped an ankle; I gasped in fright, eyes wide as I looked frantically around for something to hack the skeletal fingers off my leg. But as I fell through the ground, I found that said hand only appeared to be dead. It was just someone who wanted to reach out to a returning, albeit new as I restarted, player.

"Hey," he said to me. "Don't worry; if you need help, I'll do what I can. You know what? If you sell these, you can put them up for xx,xxx." What he didn't tell me was that he was the one buying everything. (I found that out later; way later, as I didn't check my shop's buyers for some time).

And that was the summer of 2016. Oh, but if that wasn't enough, something else happened.

Almost everyone in the server sat in the FM and it seemed as though none of them cared anymore. The weeks had been long and tenuous; I had acquired enough money but sadly spent it on items that failed in the scrolling process. I had been cast out from a guild due to disagreement and looked to quit.

But then Batman came to the rescue. Well, not quite Bruce Wayne. He was rich; but he wasn't white.

"Hey. Wanna join Demure?" I paused, confused. Why did he ask me? I was just a noob. I blinked. Then I stared. His smile was infectious, so I smiled back and told him okay.

I haven't looked back; since then, I'd come home.

In that house, there were a number of faces that came and went but each of them meant - mean - something to me.

Eli was someone who didn't have much time to commit, but his alias, "United," was how Demure was. "Dulce" became Sunny and I found out that his invitation to Demure was the fortune of a lifetime; he's more of a rope than a player except when it comes to bossing. Joy, "Deku," was a spirit of adventure who didn't really look to gather anything but a family - she succeeded. "Frazen" shared a lot of time with me and we spent a fair share of our time just laughing around.

"Jess" was the reason I continued MapleLegends in 2016 because Ryan bought enough of my ETCs to fund me and I talk to him even now, in 2019. Joo, "Wintermute," I found was quiet but not so mute (he doesn't have hot hands; he's missed far too many Ezreal Q's). Ed, "WhollyCymbal," is our resident-turned-doctor and shares a love of Pokemon with me. But of them all, "Deribou," Derrick, seems to be the one I prod the most. We've all shared a lot together.

Of course, there are others who joined the madhouse a bit late. Or never joined at all but still contributed as Legends.

Cam, "SwordArt," was that creepy bear for the longest time and we started to talk over how the both of us "enjoyed" the Paladin class. And staying on the topic of warrior-mains, Dae, "Grizzly," is perhaps the person I talk to the most from my time on Legends and I wouldn't have met him without this 2D Mushroom side-scroller. The last of my warrior-trio is a guy by the name of Gabe; some know him better as "AutoAssemble" and the leader of a guild called Project. None of these warrior three play to this day, but it's okay; they were still all a part of my MapleStory.

It's kind of crazy to think that these people I talk to so often wouldn't have been in my circle if I never played. But they're not the only ones.
    I could go on and on with names, like Lily, Julie, Hiyo, Matt, Jacky; Jen, so on, so forth, but they became more than just pixels. They became, truly, a part of my life.

Over the years, I've grown less active due to real-life constraints and actual struggles but I've always found a way - a reason - to return. It's not that MapleStory is the best game out there, but really, it's just my story.

And I plan on writing even more of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MapleLDanny

MapleLDanny Snail

Dec 3, 2019
    3:59 AM
    ILDanny
    Beginner, I/L Wizard
    Discord ID (N/A if none): DanD#2817
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: ILDan

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Keef

Keef King Slime

Feb 16, 2017
    Male
    Bubby
    Crusader
    Babure
    Discord: N/A
    IGN: Pecker/Bubby

I am no story teller by any means, but Sku told me to come do this. So what the hell.

While legends is a fantastic server, the reason I play it specifically isn't interesting at all. The servers ability to capture the good ole days on the other hand steals the show for me.

Truth be told, Maplestory in general changed everything quite a bit in my adult life. If it weren't for this silly game, I would not have my 3 amazing children and my wonderful wife. (This part is a very long story for another day)

All of this is why I play Maplelegends. It reminds me of how something so simple can put you down so many chaotic paths in life. So that is my nostalgia, that is why I still play. And while I don't really have the time to put into the server as some do, due to family life and work. It all makes me smile.

Fin

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    4:59 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    Total Playtime: 11.0 hrs ~> 39.0 hrs
    First off, thanks to everyone who has entered my giveaway/contest so far! I've been enjoying reading your stories. Be reminded that the deadline is about a week away, so get your entry in if you haven't already! BTW, I've only received ONE entry for the Mini Art Contest so far! I know not all of us are artistically gifted, but jeez, I was expecting a bit more competition by now! Same deadline, so get your entries in for that too if you want to win some big meso. :sack:
    ~
    You might've already seen from the playtime that I was questing my ass off this weekend! Mainly I wanted to get a good grind in before the Halloween event ended, and oh boy did it end up paying off... SlimeWink you'll see why very soon. Along with that, my wrist has been getting better w/ all the daily strengthening I've been doing, so I was able to pull a few more fancy edits this time. Hope you enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    OK, so ever since last year I was theorizing how incredibly easy it would be to start a Bandit during the Halloween event. The event mobs, who drop essential crafting materials needed for stuff like Witch's Stews, take fixed damage for every single hit. This means that it doesn't matter how good or bad your damage is, as long as you have the accuracy required to hit them (which is barely an issue). Along with the materials, they also give a sizable chunk of EXP: 10k a pop.

Bandits like myself have an attack called Savage Blow which hits a single mob 4-6 times, depending on skill level. It's accessible as soon as you hit 2nd job. That should be all you need to know.

For an idiot like me with 120+ base INT, this was the PERFECT opportunity to do some powerleveling while earning very decent cash for my level. And so, I did just that. SlimeSmile

[​IMG]
    During my hunt for cats & frogs, I stumbled across a map that I'd totally forgotten about! Top of the Tree That Grew. It's very beatiful, especially with the new HD client.

[​IMG]
    Kfan get! I burned through these early levels like nothing.

[​IMG]
    After a while I'd started exhausting my known frog/cat locations, plus I was eager to get more points into Booster/SB, so I took to questing a bit in the downtime between spawns.

[​IMG]
    None of the nitty gritty quests YET, just the ones I knew would level me quickly. Trust me tho, we'll get to the really disgusting quests eventually.

[​IMG]
    Took a vacation to Ariant for a few more extra levels!

[​IMG]
    Alright, so as I hit the early 4x levels I was starting to get pretty good at the whole frog hunting thing. This was the point I found out that seeing no cat/frog right away doesn't necessarily mean that someone stole your spawns; oftentimes, you have to murder a bunch of mobs in the same map before the frog decides to show up. Sometimes you have to really massacre them, which is how I ended up getting a whole bunch of event candies/gacha tickets during my frogging exploits.

[​IMG]
    And look what those candies got me! SPIN2WIN BABY OnionMuha

[​IMG]
    I had some decent money by this point and was gaining a whole bunch of levels, so I figured I'd try and pump up the ol' INT stat a bit more. Here's what I ended up with.

[​IMG]
    FROGS & CATS & FROGS & CATS & FROGS & CATS & FROGS & CATS &
    OnionMusic

[​IMG]
    O SHT WOULD U LOOK AT THAT!! Guess I just can't escape from my good luck! OnionWhatever

[​IMG]
    I don't think I need to tell you that rolling a White Scroll at level 46 is HUGE. Now before u hate on me, I WOULD HAVE BEEN 100% FINE WITHOUT IT! But since I'm dumb lucky, let's take advantage. My first course of action was to pick up some extra INT gears/improve what I already had. The earlier you can start on the INT thing, the fatter you'll be in the future!

[​IMG]
    Oh, and I picked up this OA & scrolled this nice YAC too. Obviously I'm not totally splurging and wanted to buy stuff that was either decently cheap or that I could easily sell back in the future.

[​IMG]
    But don't think my luck's run out just yet. SlimeWink

[​IMG]
    Speaking of BWGs, I picked this 10att up for a good price. I'm gonna be getting a whole lot of mileage out of this one, so might as well upgrade ASAP.

[​IMG]
    Oh btw, I don't think I said it earlier but I've also been farming Mushroom Spores on the side to sell. They're one of the materials required to craft stews, meaning they were going for upwards of 5k each: VERY good money for a newb. I do enjoy events like these that give newbies a good opportunity to rocket themselves through the early-game struggle.
    BTW I hit level 50, think you know what that means...

[​IMG]
    Zaddy time! OK, the HD client is amazing, but it lags sometimes, and that lag was too much to bear during Zak JQ. I ended up having to switch to the OG client which is CLAUSTROPHOBIC AS HECK by comparison! It's like living in a broom closet after owning a mansion.

[​IMG]
    Big shoutouts to Paid2Win and his crew for a solid run. They had 3 pallychads who shredded the arms in like 5 mins. Well worth the 20m!

[​IMG]
    I present to you, the "Washing is Optional" helm! SlimeXD Picked up a Dep Star too for the complete lvl 50 swag.

[​IMG]
    Zhelm was my goal for this update, so all that remained was to ride out the rest of the event and spend the remainder of my candies. I farmed a few cards to get up to 250 for one last raffle... and I was NOT disappointed. Jeez, my spinner luck is straight DEMONIC.

[​IMG]
    My event luck, on the other hand... I GOT KNOCKED OUT ON THE FIRST ROUND! RIGGED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[​IMG]
    Remember that PAC? I threw some scrolls at it cuz I know I'm gonna be using the thing for a while. Scrolled a crappy LUK earring too, my luck was not so amazing with that one.

[​IMG]
    I'm gonna need all the damage I can get now that I'm not shredding toads. I picked up the fence for something like 4m cuz I'd nothing in the shield slot yet, and this crappy dagger that I'll be using for like 3 levels before I can equip a Liu-Bei.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] 8 ~> 29
    [​IMG] 1 ~> 9
    Milestone(s) Achieved

1 Chaos/White Scroll from Gacha/Event
    10 Att Glove
    Level 50
    Zakum Helmet
    Silver Deputy Star

Wew, that was a LOT of content we just covered. Since the event is pretty much over I'm gonna be taking it easy for a while. To give you an idea of my roadmap: before the xmas event comes around, I want to have 1) hit level 70 and 3rd job, 2) reached at least 500 completed quests, and 3) gotten all the OPQ shenanigans out of the way. Have a good day everyone, take care of yourself, and I wish you luck as good as mine. Keep On Questing!
    OnionBye

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  7. Mott

Mott Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Dec 2, 2018
    Maya's House
    NightShadow, CannotAim, Mattato, Mottini
    Night Lord
    Spirit
    W h i t e s c r o l l

damn...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. HugeBrain

HugeBrain Snail

Dec 5, 2019
    Male
    HugeBrain
    Cleric
    Honor
    Preferred IGN: HugeBrain
    Preferred IGN: HugeBrain

I knew what MapleStory was, but not MapleLegends. “Yeah it’s MapleStory from way back then, and takes years to reach level cap!” said my friend who wanted me to play with her. “That sounds terrible” I said. That is how my MapleLegends adventure began. Why do I still play MapleLegends? I’m not entirely sure myself. It takes ages to grind as a Cleric spamming heal on Jr. Wraiths or at GS2 and I feel completely broke every time I log on. But it is something about the stark difference between this and my everyday college life studying the powerhouse of the cell, that is stress relieving. I also play in hopes to become a Bishop and rain down Genesis to make money. But for now I remain a poor cleric by the name of HugeBrain.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sjo

sjo Blue Snail

Oct 28, 2019
    12:59 PM
    Obvs
    I/L Mage, Beginner
    Discord ID: sjoors#8017
    Preferred IGN: Obvs

After not playing maplestory for a few years, i suddenly got an itch. I'm sure at least some of you are familiar with it. I don't wanna play on my PS4, or switch, it's just a itch only maplestory can scratch. The combination of 2D platformer, grinding, and gambling element in gacha and scrolling is just something I don't know where else to find. Since I was really done with Neckson those years ago, I knew I would want to play a private server. The v62 choice was based on wanting to rediscover something from when I was 13 years old as an adult, and now actually understand what I'm doing. So I ended up on MapleLegends, and lets just say it scratches that itch very good. I do a lot of things now I never I knew existed back then, and even though some of the magic is gone, I'm having a really good time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    4:59 AM
    Shadower
    DIscord ID: HappyFestus#6087
    Preferred IGN: Naise

You know, sometimes you're depressed and you just crave the familiarity of a stable time you know? So you know, you're in a best buy with a couple of other depressed friends (who you see maybe once a year and don't really talk to anymore) and you're on break and you've been thinking of MAPLESTORY because you made it the password for an account and hey, why not google "maplestory old school" onto one of their sample devices? So you do. And you find a couple of viable ones, and you're reluctant because they all say something about disabling your antivirus, and that's one of the sketchiest things you've ever heard of.

But then again, you're lonely and they ALL say something about the antivirus so what are the chances that they're ALL sketchy? And you download three different ones that seem like they'd be fun, as long as it's pre-Big Bang you're not super concerned with the version and they all boast the nostalgia and damn, that's what you're here for isn't it?

The first one you sign up for is, apparently, not accepting people.

The next you're too dumb to find where the sign up page is.

The third is MapleLegends.

You're in!

And for a second you feel like a kid again and people like you and while your one (1) friend might not give a shit at least you can help Maria make some goddamn juice. Delicious.

'This is fine,' you think to yourself, you doubt you'll be playing for long and this is for nostalgia right? You know bandits were fucking garbage in the original version, and you should probably select assassin because that's all anyone wanted Back In The Day but this is just a passing fancy and, well, nostalgia.

You click bandit.

Fast forward a couple of years.

You open Maple Legends.

You're 95.42%.

You open your inventory.

Click on the "cash" tab.

Double click "Super Megaphone (Available until 2/23/2020 at 19:32)".

You type: "Imagine making a shadower lol".

Hit "OK".

And then you sit next to someone in the free market.

Life is good.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. theodorology

theodorology Blue Snail

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    Theodorology
    Hero
    Discord ID (N/A if none): cyan#3527
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: Theodorology

Like most other people here, I play MapleLegends mainly because of the nostalgia from when we were kids/early teens and playing GMS. It was my first online game that I dedicated tons of time into and made a lot of friends along the way.

Fun fact, I met my now wife on Bellocan around 2008! We weren't even Maple-dating at the time! I was actually "dating" her best friend (irl) at the time and I met the two during LPQ. We found out that she lived in California while I was all the way in Toronto. We kept in touch through AIM/MSN/Facebook and eventually met in-person for the first time in 2016. Eventually we fell in love and all that cheesy stuff. We started MapleLegends together (her IGN is Resa) just last month and it's just as we remember. I'm so glad a server like this exists with a thriving community.

Another fun fact, 'Theo' from my IGN is not actually my name. It's actually the name of our son!

Another reason why LPQ and PQing in general is the best. Because it can lead to marriage and the birth of a child. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Skimpy

Skimpy Red Snail

Dec 3, 2019
    Skimpy
    Magician
    Discord ID: Babe#3977
    Preferred IGN: Skimpy

Why I enjoy playing Maplestory? Many reasons. It could be attributed to my inherent compulsory of grinding things... so what better way to grind than to play maplestory?!! That aside, I played maplestory for about 13 years or so seeing the changes it has undergone and like many I miss the nostalgic feeling and just interacting with people over the game in general. Also, I finally have time to play since my finals is over and all hail the summer break. I actually listened to maplestory BGM while studying so it always have a special place in me apart from my grinding addiction.

I just started playing this server too so... am very very broke and any form of freebies is always nice <3

• Like Like x 1
  13. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Discord ID: Life Is Good#2988
    Preferred IGN for receiving packages: SweetTaro

I play MapleLegends simply because it was the first Maplestory private server I discovered. At one point I did went to Royals to check them out, but immediately came back after less than 5 minutes there because MapleLegends is straight-up more polished. However, the real reason why I stay and play MapleLegends is the community I am part of and the friends I made. I don't have a lot of real-life friends, so these friends mean a lot to me. Even though they are online friends, I feel like there is a chance for us to meet in person one day. Throughout my time with them in MapleLegends, there has been a lot of ups and downs, but at the end of the day, they were all good memories, something I will probably never forget. All of these were only possible with MapleLegends. Although I am no longer as active as before due to what's going on in my life, I still chat with my guildmates and friends on Discord and log on here and there to see all the new events and changes made to the game. As long as my friends are still playing MapleLegends, I will not leave this game.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Legoshi

Legoshi Red Snail

Dec 3, 2019
    Male
    Legoshi
    Cleric
    IGN: Legoshi

Clearly I'm not the best artist, but I had fun doing this doodle! Hope you get more art entries.
    skusku.png

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Loki_003

Loki_003 Red Snail

Dec 7, 2019
    Male
    8:29 PM
    Buccaneer, Beginner
    Discord : Maul# 2807
    IGN: Maul

Maple Legend just one of the best and most enjoyable game I have played without Raging.
    heaps of good people and awesome GM staff. The old school Maple is awesome not too fast and challenging. I always enjoyed this game and never found any other game like it. MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!, MAPLELEGEND FOR THE WIN!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. RedJohn

RedJohn Blue Snail

Jun 25, 2017
    Bishop
    Discord ID (N/A if none): RedJohn #7955
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: Prettycute

People who played Maple before big-bang, I think we are like in our 20s now? I can't backtrack back to the early 2000s but this game has the music, the nostalgia, this is it. This is why I play this game. Literally the first private server I've played is Legends and I've stuck with it ever since. I was back from a 2 years hiatus when I joined in 2017 and there was literally a flashback to the carefree and non-hustling days.

There was : getting scammed, asking for haste every single time, getting a terrible Amoria haircut, not having enough mesos to go anywhere, that one friend that gives you everything, people who cancels trade when you ask for mesos, black taxi curiosity death ,people who lead you to death on purpose and last but not least, having guildies (':

Moreover, I've learned so much from Maple itself -Basically taught me different aspects of values in life. Be it in terms of responsibility, teamwork, negotiation or management.

Also, growing old is the worst thing to ever happen. All life seems to be about now is work, being successful, studying etc.. Honestly wondering if life will ever be great again. This game brought back the feeling of pure happiness, something that seems so distant sometimes. A magical time that I will cherish forever. Thanks for the nostalgia Legends!

• Like Like x 1
  17. healskys

healskys Slime

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Discord ID: Ereb777
    Preferred IGN: Ereb

Playing in a virtual world gives me a lot of solace when faced with a life that seems so turbulent and uncertain. Right now, I'm in a transition phase in my life where I've struggled with multiple mental difficulties. Real life is hard. It really is... Life is just so complicated. We often find ourselves being forced into situations not to our likings, but we still have to do them just to get through life. I view playing MapleLegends as a form of escape from reality, and it has worked brilliantly thus far. Some people argue that this sort of remedy is wrong because it doesn't solve the real world issues at hand; I used to think that way too, but for me, I see it as a break from reality that gives me time to reflect on what really is happening in life. Who knows? Perhaps watching my character in a virtual setting that isn't flawed with troubles and worries gives me the impetus to want to pursue a reality that could be just as perfect, if I decide to give it a shot!

Many people have talked about it, but I cannot emphasise enough just how beautiful the MapleLegends community really is. Today's society emphasises a lot on the superficial aspects of people - looks, fame, wealth etc. The MapleLegends culture does the opposite, which is very refreshing. You never see a person get rejected from a boss run because their damage range isn't good enough - people don't even care about those kinds of things here. The community is friendlier and warmer than any others I have been in thus far. Everyone does their best to help others, and this reciprocative gesture is heartfelt and brings back a human touch that was once the signature of Old School MapleStory community that you don't see much of in other servers.

Finally, the memories and experiences I've shared with fellow MapleLegends players is one that will be cherished, and something I'm very grateful for. Life can be tough, but because we as people journey through this arduous journey together, it makes life beautiful and meaningful. MapleLegends has highlighted this facet of life to me, and I'm thankful for this opportunity!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. fredaaaaa

fredaaaaa Brown Teddy

Jun 25, 2017
    Promise
    Discord ID (N/A if none): freda#1513
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: fredaaaaa

For the longest time ever, I did not play games till I stumbled upon Pocket Maplestory. Then I played it day and night with my friends and of course, it got shutdown..

Took a break from gaming and binge-watch the korean dramas series I have missed out while being engrossed in gaming. And soon enough, I got bored and started wasting time on lame videos on Facebook.

Suddenly there's an ad on my newsfeed, hmm old school maplestory, interestinggggg MapleF1
    anddd there goes my 2 years of free time, mostly spent on MapleLegends (snippets in signature).

I've made many friends in-game, and some of us even brought our friendships offline. & they are basically the reason why I'm still on Legends SlimeGrin

• Like Like x 2
  19. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Discord ID: Ethan (AioriaX) #1634
    IGN: AioriaX

Good luck on your next journey :) was really exciting to watch your previous journey development which also inspired GetSmoked to make his - also very exciting to forsee the updates of his journey.

On why I play MapleLegends, I honestly started out with a 6 month window before commencing my medical internship as a junior doctor and I had always sought after a nostalgic experience of playing the old MapleStory. I've been watching youtube and twitch streams of the latest maplestory updates and how the game is now when I came across FreeUpDonger's MapleLegends twitch stream which advertised MapleLegends exp, mesos and drop rate which were really appealling to me at that time - not as crazy difficult, slightly easier but not really easy as well, plus it was pre-big bang (almost everything I could ever ask if given a chance to play MapleStory again).

What kept me going even after my job started was how ML could give me a short escape from work stress and when I'm tired - I could stay and rest at home and still work towards in-game goals. And it's always fun to have quests and bosses that require actual party-play versus being able to solo everything (like the current MapleStory).

Besides all of that is of course the community and friends that I have made in-game which have potentially made us out-of-game friends as well. I've made soooo many close friends from all over the world from different countries that within my current capability of travel, it would be so damn exciting to meet up with them in real life and actually share our out-of-Maple experiences. And whenever work becomes really stressful and tiring again, and I rather stay home than meet friends outside due to my hectic and tiring schedule, I have yet another option to seek company and friends - MapleLegends :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dispute

Dispute Blue Snail

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Dispute
    Discord ID (N/A if none): ๖̶̶̶ۣۣۜۜ͜ζ͜͡Δllυяє#7980
    Preferred IGN (character name) for receiving packages: Concede

I play maplelegends as i feel maple provides an experience that no other game does as it also provides a sense of nostalgia since it was the first ever game i picked up. there are two other aspects which are the social aspect and how the game " never ends " . Social aspect: In MapleStory, party quests and “grinding” were the most effective ways to gain experience and level up. Making interaction among players an essential part of character improvement made communication between any number of strangers a very enjoyable and much less lonely experience. Also it has a unique chat system where you could communicate with your entire buddy list at the same time. It was like having a conversation with all your friends at the same time. It’s a lot easier grinding experience when you have a nice conversation going. hence i like the social aspect that this game provides. It never ends: Until you hit the max level, the game never really ends. At each level, there’s always something to look forward to whether it be getting that next job advancement, being able to put on that sweet new level 140 equipment, being able to participate in a party quest that gives sick rewards, or just to simply have a higher damage range. Or, maybe you want to become the richest player of all time and spend all your time in the free market looking for noobs selling underpriced items so you can sell it to another noob for a ridiculously insane price. This idea that you can always be better made the game extremely addictive.

• Like Like x 1