1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Constant auto-DC on PC with no error messages

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Blu301, Dec 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    10:10 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Hi all, so I've been having issues getting the new client to work in any screen resolution on Windows 10. I'm pretty tech noob hehe just a heads up.

Initially I was getting a lot of g2rd errors but I totally fixed that by altering the CRU and don't have that problem anymore. Now, every time I open the client I am able to get past login screen and actually enter the game - but about 1-2 minutes in I always DC without an error message. The client just auto-closes shortly after entering game (and if I stay at login screen too long, it DCs after a minute or two as well). I've tried over a dozen times and always get the same result.

Things I've tried:
    - Playing low quality, and in window and full-screen mode
    - Changing the map I'm on, and moving around constantly
    - Playing on both of my ML accounts
    - Deleting all ML files and reinstalling ML entirely from scratch
    - Restarting my PC
    - Every screen res available on the ini file, matching my own screen res and CRU
    - Trying both 60 and 75 Hz refresh rate on CRU (my screen is 75 tho)
    - Always using "restart64" after changing the CRU
    - Running ML as administrator
    - Trying to run ML on windows 7, 8, XP, 98 compatibility mode

I'm wondering if this has something to do with how I'm configuring the CRU or something? I'm not sure what else it could be, maybe I'm screwing that up somehow.

These are the CRUs I've tried, corresponding with whatever option I use on the ini:
    - 1366x768 @ 75 Hz (detailed resolution section)
    - 1024x768 @ 75 and 60 Hz (standard resolution section)
    - 800x600 @75 and 60 Hz (standard resolution section)

Would love to get it working just on 800x600, I'm used to that size anyways.

I wasn't gonna make a forum post bc I didn't want to waste anyone's time trying to come up with a solution to this since I didn't see anyone with a like-problem, but I would appreciate suggestions if anyone's free. This isn't urgent x) bless y'all for the hard work you guys are always doing.

2. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    10:10 PM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    Just wondering:

1. Have you tried deleting the whole maple folder doing a fresh install?
    2. Are you on the latest christmas patch? (which requires a fresh install anyway)

3. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Yeah, I already mentioned that in the post. And yes I'm on the 21/12/19 install.

4. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I guess another question I should ask is this -

if running 800x600 ML on a PC with display resolution 1920x1080, and refresh rate 75 hz, what should my CRU settings look like?

My graphics driver is the radeon rx 570 series, not sure if that's relevant or not. I've also updated it to the latest available via the AMD website

5. cobbages

cobbages Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    Well I'm in the same boat where I'm no wiz when it comes to this stuff. Try to use those brief moments while the client is up to bring up your task manager. See if it's getting an abnormal amount of resources from your PC. Maybe it is and your PC like "nah shut that down"? Idk if that could be the case even but it's worth trying and I didn't see it on your list of things tried. If it does actually end up doing this, I'm not sure of a fix, but at least you have something to go off of?

Hope you get back in-game soon!

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    was a good suggestion thanks cobbagescobbages

for any tech savvy people, it doesn't seem ML was using much CPU (4.1%) or Memory (220 MB) resources, but it was using 15-20% of GPU which was labeled "Moderate" power usage. Not sure what to make of that either but it doesn't seem abnormal

About a second or two after the actual auto-disconnect from the game, GPU usage spikes up to 100% for a split second tho o.o I dunno if the GPU tracking is delayed like that, as in if the DC causes the spike or the spike causes the DC

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. CCK

CCK Blue Snail

Aug 8, 2017
    10:10 PM
    SadnessOnce
    Bishop, Bowmaster
    Hi I have the same issue which constant auto-DC on PC without error messages have you found any way to fix it?OnionF4