1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skele leech guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by moomins, Sep 16, 2019.

1. moomins

moomins Mixed Golem

Jun 15, 2019
    Male
    7:11 AM
    Moomins
    Bishop
    Potato
    Intro
    Skele leech can make you lots of mesos (>30m per hour).

Setting up

It took me ~3 months to set up everything (1300 ma/gene30/MW20, SI/HB/haste/mesoup/sweeper mules).

Level a bishop first to 120 and then level multiple mules at the same time to take advantage of party EXP bonuses.

I don't think it's worth buying expensive magician gear unless you have other uses for it (like heavily washing a ranged). Keep purchases ideally under 100m because it becomes more difficult to justify the purchase (leeching 1 hit at an earlier level but having spent more meso).

Here are my recommendations:
    • any elemental wand 5-8 ~168 tma
    • zakum helm scrolled ~27INT
    • racoon mask ~7 INT
    • bathrobe ~16 INT
    • shield ~12 tma
    • shoes ~2 INT (easily craftable low level magician shoes)
    • cape ~16 tma (purple adventurer/gaia cape)
    • gloves ~13 tma
    • MoN (don't chaos)
    • earrings ~20 tma
    • make use of event items that give INT/tma
    After you level your mules and reach lv 130 (and can 2hit), I recommend doing only skele leech. I think it's the best balance of exp and meso.

2hit skele with SI (~14-16m eph split 2-way) is slightly worse than 1hit skele without SI - if you advertise your eph (see below) you should be able to negotiate similar prices to other places like WR/WS/ulu2 but get better loot.

From around 1200 tma (when you start to 1 hit sometimes), your EPH increases so you should slowly increase your leech prices. Your meso/drops will increase too because you kill more monsters.

When you get around 1230 tma you can start using a 1hit skele rotation even if you can't 1hit them all the time. It will be better eph than 1hit skele without SI.

Be careful with your sweeper mule before you can 1hit since monsters will laser attack and dark sight cannot avoid it.

Use a cash shop magic buff (or NLC wizard elixirs if you can't multi-vote with mobile internet airplane mode/multiple browsers) to hit 1300 tma. This should be achievable by ~lv 175 and then you're set!

It's optional but I stopped leveling at 175 on my bishop by suiciding to maintain a higher eph (for buyers).

I recommend getting mw20 first so you can get extra MP when you level and it will help getting buyers who are picky about it for washing. If you are leveling any other characters it will help them with washing too. You can use mw20 on a different char (add party/expel like a SI mule) to give mw20 to buyers so you don't need to buy mw20 for your bishop.

Mules
    HB mule (41 spearman)
    • not required if you have 30000 MP
    • at 30000 MP it will cost ~700k (mana bulls) per hour
    SI mule (126 buccaneer) [SI no longer works with bishops]
    • increases your genesis cast speed dramatically allowing you to move earlier to your next spot
    • allows you to cast 3 genesis at key locations every spawn (~8 sec) if you have haste
    • leave the party window open on the SI mule so that the leave button is near the party invite notification (popup) -> right click the SI mule on the bishop to party invite -> when ready, accept party (O) + SI + press leave
    • not necessary for skele leech but I think it's a very good investment for bishops because SI can give ~20% more eph at skeles (and therefore 20% more meso/drops + you can advertise a higher leech price)
    haste/meso up mule (77 hermit)
    • haste allows you to move faster between the locations where you cast genesis
    • mesoup increases your meso income by 50%
    • use a skill macro to use haste and mesoup together
    • levelup the endure skill so you don't need pots on this mule
    • again not necessary because you can use speed/jump equips
    • 50% extra meso is about an extra 2m/hr - it can take a while to pay off leveling a 77 mule
    sweeper mule (18 rogue with max dark sight + pet + ~112 speed + magic scales)
    • multitask to loot most of the items on the map (ideally on a different computer - use higher speed if you only have one computer)
    • move the sweeper mule during genesis cast delay
    • allows you to continue casting genesis without stopping leech to loot items (this increases your eph and also the number of monsters killed = more meso/items)
    • should not be in the leech party so that all the mesos it picks up will be yours
    • you can pick up items ~15 seconds after they have dropped from monsters
    • items disappear after ~3 minutes - as long as you do a full cycle within 3 minutes you will loot everything
    • too much speed can cause the pet to teleport and you can miss out on items
    • one of my buyers (Akuria) suggests doing Kenta's advice quest so your sweeper mule can move faster without the pet teleporting but I think you need level 30 to do the quest
    Tips

Time your first genesis immediately after a respawn and aim to finish your 3rd genesis before the next respawn

Use your own buffs (invincible/heal/MG) after your 3rd genesis cast (don't have to move since you can cast genesis again at the same spot when monsters respawn) or use it while jumping to gain some distance

Avoid using heal if it will lead to a laser attack because you can get knocked off. Using heal near the buyers can sometimes cause a weird bug that causes buyers on the rope to fall off (seems to only occur when lagging).

Use HS/MW20 on a rope to decrease the delay after casting (or while jumping followed by teleport) - make sure leechers are getting the buffs too (buyers can miss the buffs especially when you're jumping)

Try your best not to fall to the bottom platform because you will lose 1~2 genesis casts each time this happens. If you cast genesis immediately after you see monsters spawn, you won't get hit by touch damage

Trading mesos will cost you 2.5% tax every time. I get the mesos from the leechers, sell equips/items/scales, and open shop all on the sweeper mule. You can drop mesos in 50k bags as well (but very time consuming so I don't do it).

Use the widescreen client so you can change where you use genesis to clear as many monsters as possible with 3 genesis casts.

Always sync your gene casts with monster respawns! It makes a huge difference!

5 min video

During halloween event with +10% exp

If you want ~700k more meso you can manage another sweeper mule in the middle platform and turn off pet loot on the bishop. This way you don't share any meso with the leechers (but I've been occasionally missing loot on the main sweeper mule by exceeding 3 minutes per rotation so I think it's marginal to use a second sweeper mule)

Income

Sweeper mule: ~4m/hr meso
    Bishop + 2 mules (3/5 party; bucc doesn't get meso): ~1m/hr meso (1.7m shared by 5 party members)
    Dragon scales: ~3.5 m/hr meso (~13/hr)
    Equips: ~4m/hr meso (try to sell as many equips to other players rather than NPC)
    2 leechers: ~16m/hr meso (8m split)
    + other random stuff (dragon spirit, 10% glove att, etc items, ores, power elixirs, ...)
    + gachapon tickets
    - mana bulls ~700k
    = >30m per hour

See my blog for the monies
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/moomins-journal.26515/

EPH (without event)

22-27m exp per hour for leechers (for fresh 1hit bishops or 20-27m exp for lv 200 bishops)
    see leech exp calculator: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/leech-exp-per-hour-eph-calculator.26509/

I average around 55m eph with @epm 60 with 2 buyers (bishop gets the same exp regardless of your level or the level of the party members so you can compare with this number)

If you need help message me Moomins #0590

• Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ratsun

Ratsun Mano

Dec 29, 2018
    Male
    11:11 AM
    Ratsun
    Dragon Knight
    I've seen this in action and it's quite genius, I was blown away when I realized what all was going on, you were able to maintain this and give a steady 25-25.7m eph.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    12:11 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The idea of using a sweeper mule is actually super interesting. Not only does it allow you to loot more efficiently but it also effectively prevents the leech buyers from leeching your mesos as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    2:11 PM
    That's soo much work tho

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Sweeper mule is certainly novel! Would it be possible to have multiple sweeper mules such that you don't need to actually move any of them and can focus solely on the bishop?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    moomins

moomins Mixed Golem

Jun 15, 2019
    Male
    Moomins
    Bishop
    Potato
    It's possible but I think it's more work because you have to remove dark sight to reuse it (can't use dark sight while it's active) on multiple mules (+ risk of dying from forgetting to rebuff/while rebuffing).

Probably need 8 mules to cover all the area (4 top, 1 left, 1 right, 2 bottom).

I think moving 1 sweeper mule is hard at first but with practice it doesn't end up being much more mental effort and I think the extra money is worth it (less time leeching for same amount of money).

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    what in the **** is going on. Its a 2003 mushroom game, but holy shit you're a legend. You take #1 sorry pepegamory

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    Man it's insane how you buff 3 clients so QUICK! amazing honestly

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    In the case that I do not have speed infusion, should I still be trying to do the same rotation that you do in your video?

Also could you perhaps show an example of a 2 hit rotation with / without speed infusion?

11. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    You wont be able to consistently fit in 3 gens per spawn cycle without SI. The SI-less rotation is similar, roughly speaking you want to gen once on each side per spawn cycle. You have to make sure you visit the low right platform at some point in your rotation or else you will miss the skeles are the bottom. One optimization you can do is when you are on the left side, you can jump down to the small platform that is just slightly lower that the main platform and cast gen there. Doing this will let you hit a couple of the bottom mobs from the left side.

12. OP
    OP
    moomins

moomins Mixed Golem

Jun 15, 2019
    Male
    Moomins
    Bishop
    Potato
    I'm not sure about 2hit without SI. I didn't do it because it's very frustrating and I would rather sell leech somewhere else.

2hit with SI is more difficult than 1hit because you have to constantly make decisions about where to cast genesis and you can fall off easily. Using the widescreen client is very recommended for this.

I have made a video of my attempt. It is not a gold standard because I haven't sold 2hit in months but is a general idea of what I did many months ago. My @epm 3 was 48m with 1 leecher and 15% event bonus.
    That means with 2 leechers my EPM is ~32.6m without event (see my leech exp calculator). Assuming a bishop level of 140, buyers would get 14-16m exp split 2way or about 12-13.5m exp split 3way. This is without looting! The epm will drop with the bishop looting (another reason why sweeper mules are good!)

You can sell skele 2hit/SI for around 4m split. If using a sweeper mule, you can probably achieve 12m/hr* meso or maybe 9m/hr* without a sweeper mule.

Your EPM increases as you start to 1hit more often and eventually you should switch to a 1hit rotation (~1230 tma). A EPM increase = more mobs killed = more loot + increased leech split payments.

Not sure about 1hit without SI sorry :) But if you're serious enough about leeching to sell 1hit skele I think you should have a SI mule for a bishop. The EPM bonus and extra loot quickly pays for the time spent on making the mule. Make other mules (mesoup/HB) at the same time for efficiency.

*edit

13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    While it is true that a SI mule is worth investing in, it is also true that there will be a period where you are leeching your si mule and it is not yet 4th job. In that case, I assume that you would have to self leech 2hit without si. Knowing the optimal way to 2hit skele without si would definitely help out newer players trying to achieve this setup.

Also, there might be the case where an established player (who can 1hit skele) is trying to leech an si mule as well. In that case, the optimal 1hit without si rotation is also useful.

Anyways this is an awesome guide that has definitely reshaped the meso farming meta in legends.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    moomins

moomins Mixed Golem

Jun 15, 2019
    Male
    Moomins
    Bishop
    Potato
    I will give my opinion but I am not experienced at skele without SI :)

skele 1hit2.png

Green 1/2/3 are the 3 spots I use (probably ~95% of the time) with SI. The rotation usually goes 1 --> 2 --> orange --> 3 --> 2 --> 1 repeat

Without SI the goal is to hit as many as possible with 2 gene casts (rarely 3 if the 3 spots are very close)
    Green 1/2/3 are still the best spots without SI but because dense groups of mobs will build up more often without SI you will need to occasionally use red which covers the bottom left part of the map. Green 3/orange will cover the bottom right. There is no real rotation it is just constantly being aware of the 2 best "money shots" every ~8 seconds. If you want to avoid thinking about it I would probably do 1/2, 3/1, 1/2, 3/1...

I will swap green3 and orange (with SI) depending on whether there are monsters on the middle/bottom right that green3 can't hit or monsters on the bottom middle that orange can't hit. The same should apply without SI.

I almost never use purple because if the bottom is full usually red or green3 will be better spots (in terms of getting the most skeles in 2 gene casts).

Red is a safespot (lasers cannot hit you).

With 2hit (with or without SI), I try to avoid green3 because you can fall off easily. Orange is safer (less likely to fall off) and the better choice most of the time even if green3 would hit more skele.

2hit without SI: I'm not sure but I would probably do 1/1, 3/3, 1/1, 2/2, 1/1, 3/3...

2hit with SI you can get 1 more gene cast (3) per 8sec so you can do 1/1/2, 2/3/3, 3/3/1, 1/2/2, ...

but again with 2 hit the focus is getting the "money shots" - after a respawn, go to the spot where 2 hits will kill the most

• Like Like x 1
  15. killua613

killua613 Red Snail

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Killua613
    Bishop
    HOMIES
    Hey Moomins i follow you 1hit si video and got the rotation down but i can never hit over 23m exp is there something im doing wrong?

16. OP
    OP
    moomins

moomins Mixed Golem

Jun 15, 2019
    Male
    Moomins
    Bishop
    Potato
    If your eph (as bishop with 2 leechers) is close to 55m/hr, you should get 22-27m exp for both leechers.

I haven't played for a while so things might have changed tho.

17. killua613

killua613 Red Snail

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Killua613
    Bishop
    HOMIES
    so i can practice your method and test my eph solo? and if im getting 55m exp then the buyers should get 22-27m? and another question why is the gap so big for eph 22-27?

18. OP
    OP
    moomins

moomins Mixed Golem

Jun 15, 2019
    Male
    Moomins
    Bishop
    Potato
  19. killua613

killua613 Red Snail

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    Killua613
    Bishop
    HOMIES
    Do you check your inbox?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. zozo1

zozo1 Red Snail

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    2:11 AM
    Maiyo
    Beginner
    how do u move the sweeper around? at the same time you are moving bishop? confused about this part ><