1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Silly colored letters thread where we discuss the diversity of classes at our disposal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alyosha, Dec 14, 2019.

1. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    7:46 PM
    hero/dk > shad/pally > everything else

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Why are Shads so useful for cwkpq?

3. Sepio61

Sepio61 Chronos

Feb 24, 2018
    Male
    United States
    6:46 PM
    Sepio16
    Hero
    Winterfell
    As someone that has both a Hero and a Paladin, and never spent one meso on someone to leech me to 120, I can safely say that training from 70-120 is roughly the same for both classes. They both use Slash Blast and Power Strike since they don't get new skills until 4th job. And White Knights don't necessarily have to go to out-of-the-way-training-spots just because of their elemental advantages. Fire Charge is strong enough to easily take down monsters in common training spots such as Mannequins, Gallos, and Himes.

I would say Heroes excel at cleaving in CWKPQ simply because Brandish lets them attack multiple bosses at once whereas Blast doesn't have this luxury. Additionally, Heroes usually have faster attack speeds than Dark Knights.

4. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    7:46 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    boomeringstep and smoke i assume they can cleave but not as good as hero

5. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    11:46 PM
    Perhaps you could make a chart detailing all this information about each job advancement? Just for training or things like that. I would have said to include a job's money making ability, but that just depends on farming drops or selling leech. I was going to say something else, but no, I forgot it >.>

6. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    Crusader
    I left CWKPQ out both because it wasn't listed, it is the one place Heros are actually the strongest because it consists of 3 enemies you attack over a long period, and the touch damage is inconsequential to us. Although a DK can contend if they were willing to zerk over the entire fight with an SI mule present.

7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    5:46 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think under certain conditions Hero has an argument for being the strongest class in HT. Typical top tier HT classes(NL/Shad/Pally w/si) max out around 9-10m averaged over a body, but preliminary estimations suggest that a max gear + high level Hero with SI should be able to break 10m easily.

8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    where you get this information

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Selquin

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Pasta
    There have been multiple runs where a lvl 19x DK with a mediocre weapon has reached 9-10m dpm during an @dpm 45 test with SI. If we use this as a reference, then it is perfectly reasonable to assume a lvl 19x hero with perf claymore/NT sword w/ SI can reach far above 10m dpm.

10. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    4:46 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Hitting wings doesn't count as damage though SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Selquin

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Pasta
  12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    And without a DPS bishop.

13. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    dont shads hit 4 parts doing 11mil dpm tho

14. Selquin

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Pasta
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I heard blu301 gets 10m dpm

16. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Probably on stew.

For the hero vs drk argument I’d be interested in knowing how much a top tier hero could do. I think I could get to 10m on my drk after I finish skis and if i used pots besides ginsengs (WHERE THE SUSHI AT) but I don’t think I could get that far beyond 10m. My highest dpm45 on bears is 9.4m but that was with strawberry pop and well timed smokes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    If we're making class tier lists we need a category for fun because that is the most important factor in a video game. Here is my personal opinion on the fun ratings: Mages:F tier (cmon who actually plays these guys other than to leech and does botting even count as playing) Warriors: D (imagine being slow lmao, DK's can either be an F or an A depending on how much you like zerking) Archers: B they kill stuff fast and get cool birds and puppets Pirates:A bro u get either a boat or can go super saiyan cmon who doesn't love that shit Night Lords: D (with 200 int or no SE) A+ (with 4 int and SE) Shadowers: F- boring class would not play again. Now there's no way to make an objective fun tier list but I'm sure we can all pitch in our thoughts and do an average for every class to give them a ranking.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    12:46 AM
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    TFW you want to write something about how stupid the chart is but you still want to be a cool guy.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Time to swap Corsair and AM's rating for HT in the list
    htdpm45.png

Here are some things to take note of:
    - No SI during the main body, since sh0t DCed
    - 1 Banana Graham Pie used at the start (for legs)
    - No HB
    - SE only at the start of main body (for legs)

Some might say that the DPM is inflated due to wyvern dmg, but having the attackers themselves stop the wyverns themselves instead = loss of dmg.

Now, before you get too excited and start bringing your AM to HT, do note that this isn't viable and I wouldn't recommend trying it. On top of washing your AM to 30k MP, you still need to spend a considerable amount of AP resets to wash your AM to have a high enough HP to survive the damage when it dispels.

During the run, I was getting hit up to 14 - 15k per hit at the toes/abs during powerup, meaning I had to pot once per hit + meteor. The whole leg ordeal lasted about 10 mins and cost me around 250 ginger ales. Additionally, I was getting knocked to the right (towards the tail), instead of to the left, which AlyoshaAlyosha stated was supposed to be the correct direction.

At the end of the day, I still don't think this will change the mentality/notion that AMs are trash/garbage and shouldn't be brought into HTs, as 98% of the AMs would not have a T10 ring/HP washed. I'm almost certain that there are less than a dozen AMs who have around the same HP as me without HB.

Ultimately, AMs are the most effective in clearing mobs/having large AoE, giving them the ability to sell leech and earn the most mesos consistently and have the highest EPH.

Thanks to jesscapadesjesscapades isaactsaiisaactsai for lending me some gears
    I actually whited the arms omegalul
    whitedarms.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1