1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

gear assistance for someone hypothetically making a horrible mistake (i swear its not me)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Snoid, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Snoid

Snoid Slime

Jan 7, 2020
    9:54 AM
    Snoid
    Brawler
    lets say, hypothetically, you were new to the server but familiar with how to start a new character

lets also say, entirely hypothetically, you were dumb enough to start as a bucc

additionally, lets say COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICALLY, that you didnt wanna make a new character to optimize it for washing even tho you have literally no money on the server because youre new, so you build 80 int

IN THIS THEORETICAL SCENARIO, how would you go about gearing yourself up. what weapons would you pick and what would you scroll the moment you had enough money in order to make playing the game less horrible as a hypothetical level 41 brawler with 80 int built and your only funding coming from gacha scrolls and whatever garbage you can scrounge on the ground

also in this hypothetical scenario you dont really like to beg people for items or other help and are more of a solo player

ENTIRELY HYPOTHETICALLY

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:54 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I would hypothetically make bishop and self leech myself to 160+ selling leech along the way when possible, cashing out a free 5b by the time the bucc is playable.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    12:54 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    I basically did what you said except 10 base int but it's not something that's easy / I'd recommend. I only got away with it due to a more active/lively population and an event that gave me a strong weapon to use from 30-70.

If gears is a priority I'd just find the best places to look for mesos via grinding/questing, though with 80 base int you'd be severely weakened dmg-wise, maybe do the quests on the character that give valuable scrolls and see what you're able to do from there.

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    2:54 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Aside from the common "make a bish to win", get some cheap atk wg (like 8 atk, scrolls are farmable from platoon chronos) and some cheap dex equipment to guide ur grinding. Then invest into int gear for max washing and when you magically become rich upgrade your attack gear

5. OP
    OP
    Snoid

Snoid Slime

Jan 7, 2020
    Snoid
    Brawler
    whatchu got against my main mans bucc

6. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    If this hypothetical person wants a level 43 maple knuckle I’d be willing to give it away or sell for cheap if it doesn’t sell by the time i get home

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Snoid

Snoid Slime

Jan 7, 2020
    Snoid
    Brawler
    i hypothetically already got one, thanks tho

• Like Like x 1
  8. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:54 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Our hypothetical bucc friend was complaining about a hypothetical situation where he struggling to progress with 80 int and unable to acquire funds, so I merely proposed a pragmatic solution to his hypothetical conundrum while maintaining his hypothetical desire to continue as a solo player.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    6:54 AM
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I would hypothetically buy coke zero pills since they give 15+ attack for 15 min to compensate a little for the lower damage you'll be doing. Get a level 8 wand and scroll it to get 5+ int (wand for mag attack 60 are under 200k if i remember correctly). If you're able to get a zhelm and a 12+ int bathrobe along with things like ellin ring and broken glasses you can have close to 40 additional int. As far as money goes, platoon chronos are great since they drop gfa 60. If you reach a level you can kill mannes, they give a ridiculous amount of money. This is if you want to hypothetically continue the struggle of not making a bishop (much respect if you don't)

10. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    As you level, the int becomes less debilitating. Snag a zhelm at 50 or as early as you can (there are a couple of quests at 40 that give shoe jump 30, which funds a significant portion of the helm). Dex bathrobe is a cheap investment to help get accuracy/dex to wear weapons if you cant secure a golden claw. Try not to add points into dex directly if you can help it, since you dont have points to spare atm. I remember only having like 160 str on my bucc at 85 (before I turned full int and mp washed to 120), so I know mannies will be fine with 80 int. Just gotta grind it out~

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:54 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You should grind lower level monsters that you can 1 - 2 hit. Yeah you will level a lot slower but you will still get gachapon which will eventually translate into some funding.

12. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Wear whatever and get carried in PQs

13. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    You can get carried in pqs until your 80s, and get some useful items (Broken Glasses, Glittering Altaire Earrings) and random scrolls/equips to sell while doing it.

By that point your 80 int won't make much of a difference.

14. OP
    OP
    Snoid

Snoid Slime

Jan 7, 2020
    Snoid
    Brawler
    ty for the help friends i have learned many a useful information but also i have to admit that this was not a hypothetical scenario and is in fact what was actually happening because it is me. im sorry for my dishonesty

oh i misread what u were sayin and thought u were saying my wonderful son was underpowered (he is but thats not important, whats important is that i dont want other people saying bucc is bad because it makes me sad)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    8:54 PM
    Same thing happened here. I'm a 36 brawler and this is my first time playing maple but I found a good guide the first time I go to forum and my base stat is 20 dex, 10 luk, 5 int, and the rest I put them all into str (idk maybe 80?)