1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Party Quest Level Cap Removal

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Ferret722, Feb 16, 2020.

Tags:

Would you like to remove the Party Quest Level Cap

1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    65.5%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    34.5%
  1. Ferret722

Ferret722 Blue Snail

Feb 16, 2020
    Male
    9:41 PM
    Ferret722
    Spearman
    I am new to this server and apologize if this suggestion has already been made, but I did not see one after a short search.

In my experience it is relatively difficult to start up a Party Quest on this server due to lack of a player base at any given area. There have been times that I have spent literal hours waiting around for players who might be willing to do the quest only to find people over the level cap saying that they would do the PQ if they were able.

I am suggesting that every party quest should remove the level cap from the party quest requirement. For example, KPQ would be changed from level 21-30 to level 21+, LPQ from 35-50 to 35+, OPQ from 51-70 to 51+, etc. This would make it so that it would be more viable for less popular party quests to actually launch (like OPQ, MPQ or LMPQ). It could also be a treat for players who simply just enjoy doing the party quests (I know that at level 68, I currently miss doing KPQ or LPQ personally). I am not suggesting a difficulty buff or exp boost during the party quests, just simply the ability to do it for the people like me who miss being able to do the party quest. I would like to know the community opinion as to if anyone else feels the same way or if anyone feels strongly against this, I would love to hear your perspective as to why. Thank you for your time.

2. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    4:41 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    it could be very cool for me since i lvled with normal quest and i did not get to do some of the pq under lvl 70
    and it would help with the card collecting, and you could help low lvl players maybe the once with 120 base int .
    but i fear people will abuse it ( not sure how but people always find a way) .

3. OP
    OP
    Ferret722

Ferret722 Blue Snail

Feb 16, 2020
    Male
    Ferret722
    Spearman
    I was trying to find an angle for people to abuse it, but as far as I can tell PQs are open for anyone in (basically) every level range. If a player is over leveled for the PQ and wants to help out a group of people, I don't really see how this is any different from leechers existing in general. On top of that, the people in the PQ are still doing more than what someone AFK getting leeched would do anyways. I still see this as a positive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Kpq gators are better xp than teddies (gives same xp as a wraith kill, but leechable as early as 27). Even without 'kpq leech' it's still a good grinding spot between 30-35.

Epq xp is still good even at 56, especially if you can bring a high level to destroy the golem. Epq itself is very afk friendly, only really requiring assistance in capturing the mobs and doing the jq fast (though even that isnt bad when you know some tricks to jump between the platforms quicker). 1 high level character (not even really limited to a mage) plus 4-man epq leech anyone?

5. OP
    OP
    Ferret722

Ferret722 Blue Snail

Feb 16, 2020
    Male
    Ferret722
    Spearman
    As far as low level leech goes, I suppose I see what you are saying with the KPQ, however as far as it being a grinding spot for people in that level range, I highly doubt its viability due to all the movement that must be made in that area, part of why teddies are good is how accessible they are without having to constantly go up long ladders and getting knocked off to try the same thing again.
    As far as EPQ, I completely get what you are saying here. This PQ does require only one person to do anything. Perhaps this PQ should be the exception to the level cap removal for all PQs, because I still think a majority of PQs would be fine for higher levels.

6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    6:41 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I did LPQ with people on GMS when the level cap was removed, and noobs would flock in to be, effectively, leeched up several levels. Alishar is a joke to kill on this server. Alishar is supposed to spawn mobs for every player that hits it, and is also supposed to cast darkness on the entire party - not just the one who currently holds aggro. The best way to kill Alishar is to have your Cleric hit it first, then just heal while the rest of the party hacks it to death - Alishar won't attack after the first hit and won't spawn any additional mobs after that first hit.

With that in mind, imagine a 4th Job character coming in and does a 1-Hit KO of Alishar. This is just stupid. There's no challenge anymore.

I agree that MPQ, especially, has difficulty recruiting people and I already made a thread on how to improve MPQ so it would be more popular. As far as LMPQ, it's just not as viable a method of leveling as other methods in the game - and very few if anyone actually uses it for cheap restocking of pots. The scrolls for LMPQ are generally terrible - I always got Defense Scrolls. But LPQ is a different story...

When I was doing LPQ, I rarely ever found it difficult to find a party. Granted, I would go with a mule so I only needed 3 other people. But when MapleLegends was 0-2 years old, LPQ was active enough that sometimes even two to three channels were being used at a time. Ever since my 12th and last character got their LPQ glasses, I've heard people complain that there aren't enough people. I can speculate as to why. First, a sizable portion of new characters coming into the game may already have a 4th job that can fund their leeching which would be faster than going through LPQ again. Second, the new people coming into ML may be told that LPQ is dead and are then given alternative methods of leveling, and this only continues the struggle for people to find LPQ parties. Raising the level limit wouldn't solve anything except make another possible alternative for leeching.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:41 AM
    Moderator Post
    Not going to happen in MapleLegends.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Filter

Filter Slime

May 29, 2018
    Male
    Filter
    Marksman
    Galaxy
    I could only support removing the level cap for MPQ (because it's so hard to organize) and OPQ (because it's sort of hard to organize and the goddess' diary quest can be a pain to complete within the allotted level req. range). I simply don't see the point of adjusting the caps for any of the other PQs. I can't imagine a lot of high levels dying to revisit LPQ. You start seeing that place in your nightmares after a while.:inpain:

9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    6:41 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I got the Diary quest done on all 12 of my characters in the allotted time. Now I'll admit, I kinda cheated, but it should be a good template for how to organize an OPQ group who all want the Diary done. And bear in mind, I had at least 3 to 6 of my characters done with the Diary quest BEFORE Kimberly changed it so that the diary pages drop rates were all equal. So here goes...

I ran a 5-man OPQ with all my accounts (so I solo'd it) and only did the first stage, followed by the Diary Page room. Quit the PQ, rinse repeat. Yes, it is a bit tiresome, but if you and your party want those diary pages, you'll do just that.

...and yes, LPQ has appeared in my nightmares before...