1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance Changes: 16/02/2020

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Hiyo, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    4:00 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    its a nerf thread now hehe

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. HappyFestus

HappyFestus Master Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    1:00 PM
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    3:00 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    hello balance team members

i suggest remove dunas dispel that way is doable for melee classes more people will do the boss.

i dont think nt will be a viable grinding map with these changes mobs there are way too annoying. seals,weakness etc

i suggest buff nt boss drops if you want more people to do the content. drops currently it is very bad,spend 30min on boss to get oxygen is not fun.sell leech make 10x more money and more exp.

like community suggest nerf summons drop rate instead of nerf manne map very unfair to new players like me.

also rollback every level 200 who trained in shaolin temple. not cool bro now i cant reach level 200

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    2:00 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    i am arecho

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. iramo94

iramo94 Red Snail

Sep 2, 2019
    3:00 PM
    RaymoDragon
    Bishop
    Vivid
    This would disproportionately affect only the oldest and most dedotated players. The only way to do that fairly would be to remove all exp gained in shaolin and mannies, also the mesos, also the items, also the hp gained from washing (optional) from exp from shaolin and mannies.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I'm always arrecho man. always.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    2:00 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Return petris skele map lech roat to 200

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Road 200 in Petris and Skele again its not too bad. remove shaolin, who needs that thing anymore?. who need to farm as warrior anyways?. if you dont like to play a mage just dont play the game.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    12:45 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    EXP buffs to NT is so pointless. It’s because of the layout and the high damage and the bazillion debuffs that make it unpopular. Nerfing their debuffs might have the effect that you’re looking for in that a few more would grind there.

RIP mannes. Good luck to new warriors. Maybe increasing mob count might make it a viable leech spot? /s

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Aimerrhythm

Aimerrhythm Horny Mushroom

Feb 17, 2020
    Banan1ce
    Hero
  11. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    I think people are over-reacting a little to the mannies nerf.
    I will agree it is a BIG nerf to what it was, but it was one of the most stupidly good maps for that level range.
    For instance, I went there on my Brawler at 55, and stayed 'til around 125 (with a little Petris mixed in at 105+). And it was still the best solo exp I would get.
    Not to mention I'd make money like crazy.

To say mannies is now dead because of the nerf is crazy to me. They still drop the same drops at the same rate, and still have a fantastic HP/Exp ratio. The map is also a nice map in general to grind on considering it's flat, has decent spawn, and a tele to go up/down instead of ropes.

As far as the Shaolin changes, I think they're alright. I can't speak on 3-4, 5-6, but 7F appears to have recieved minimal nerfs comparitively which I think is alright. It was a very good option and remain good.

I haven't been to NT before, so again, I won't comment on those too much. But from what I hear, between the bad map layouts, and debuff spam, it doesn't sound like a place I want to go despite the buffs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    3:00 PM
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    I think the auto-aggro nerf from mannequins was expected because of how broken afk-event-ETC-farming was from those mobs. I get it that warriors will have one less spot to train and some suggested for EXP nerf but the EXP wasn't the broken issue. The auto-aggro was. As a 188 NL I could AFK farm there as well by SP-resetting my 20 points of Lucky 7 into Double stab and literally 1 hit KO mannequins with a 108wa blood dagger and 9wa khanjar lol. Easily farm 1k etc/coins/whatever in no time (as an NL...). Sorry to say that warriors just have to find another spot to train in or go back to hime/galloperas.
    Unless.... event ETCs do not drop from mannequins Onionthehehe. (Broken farming issue - fixed, warriors still keep their training spots).

The other issue I agree with was how the boosting of EXP from NT mobs will probably not be very inviting as well unless the number of mobs spawned in the map is increased alongside. Akihabara - Rooftop is a huge map but only has 14 Eruwaters. Maybe if you slightly increase the mobs in the map it would be easier to train there without walking so much just to kill 1-2 mobs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    At last some1 that gives an actually positive feedback with details. i congratulate this man. this is really a feedback and not just a empty "good work <3"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    12:00 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I find it interesting that maplelegends is finally trying to correct a lot of the imbalances of the past.

Looks like the immense advantage gained by veteran players abusing these imbalances is finally not a good enough excuse to keep them in the game.

I'm glad we have a balance team with the balls to make unpopular, controversial decisions - that although painful in the short term will make the server better in the future.

If they plan on fixing even some of the remaining imbalances, rest assured, these recent nerfs are the first of many.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    For the Neo-Tokyo buffs I'm not really sure if people wanted exp out of it. Looking at the loot tables, it seems like only Eruwaters and Maverik B's are the only think worth killing in the first place, as they're the only ones with any good drops that make their negatives worth overlooking. The other maps could get a duo 60mil exp/hr and I don't think anyone would go there still because of the headaches. Casual 7f is just a lot more chill.

Maverik B's are only available in the PQ as well, which makes them a bit weird to hunt as every 5 minutes or something you'll need to re-enter. But they do have Gold Emerald Earrings and Red Cravens which are nice, but they are only 4/11 of the spawns.

Eruwaters are difficult to mob effectively. You can sometimes get multiple but most of the time it's a single target that you hunt down before moving on. They do drop Omega Plants and Wiseman Stones(And Super Surfboards) but other than that I don't see any reasonable amount of exp being given to justify going there over any other spots.

I haven't really cared about exp since hitting 180, but even before then I didn't actively pursue it, I just killed Horntail. Money is the only thing that really matters, I'd take that with garbage exp any day of the week. And if I really wanted exp I could just leech, as it would be a lot more effective.

It's only Eruwaters that I see realistically worth killing. Everything else is probably still outclassed by 7f for exp/ease of use or by a handful of money making maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    2:00 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Im okay with all nerf as long as NightLord could no longer flash jump, been hating that skill since 2006...

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Next nerf CD on mage ultimates. lets see how you improve with that

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Agreed that if anything is worth killing at NT, it's Eruwaters.

But also on top of them being difficult to mob, the maps are inconvenient. The spawn is so spread out and the map is finicky. There are spots where you get stuck and spots where you can't jump down and spots where ranged attacks won't hit another platform, etcetc the list goes on. And Eruwaters are auto aggro with an attack that can push you across the map, making it pretty annoying for anyone without stance to kill them effectively. Something would have to be done about these issues too to make them a viable spot to farm.

Maybe increasing spawn or tweaking the navigability of the maps would give people more incentive to go there. Since it does drop end game crafting materials it would open up crafting to people who don't run NT bosses as often but still want to try crafting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I just have a question, in your ToS where wasn't a thing about afk farming counting as something unlegal?.

• Funny Funny x 4