1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Release Windows & Mac clients together

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by redblueblur, Feb 17, 2020.

Release Windows & Mac clients together during events?

1. Yes

2. No

3. It's not possible

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    12:03 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    With new events, it seems like MAC clients mostly have to wait approx 1 day+ after the event has commenced and the fellow Window goers can already get started. Here, Mac's loose out 1~2days of event, bosses (BF/Anego/Crow) and fm spots.

I don't see the rush on releasing the events on a said date with only Windows up and running.
    1. why not release both working Windows and Mac together on the same day or if not, a later date?
    2. if (1) doesn't work out, how about extending the event deadline by #x no. of days mac users waited?
    (however, windows may get the upper hand w more days playing already)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:03 PM
    Moderator Post
    Like I mentioned on our discord our mac client is already extremely hacky and someday wine compatibility will likely completely break like pretty much all other servers having client modifications now. It's not like we intentionally delay it for mac users or something.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    12:03 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    well i dont think i accused or blame it solely on being about "intentionally delaying mac client release" but my question is why not release both clients together so there'd be some sense of fair play (time) for the event. again, i bet most of the community is fine w a later event release date than having 1 instead of 2 client types available.