1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

NT training

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RegalStar, Feb 17, 2020.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    11:53 AM
    DMsRebirth
    I already talked about this on ML discord but I'm gonna plop something here as well so there's somewhere for people to reference and maybe chip in on (or contradict me since I'm mostly talking out of my ass)

While the recent balance change did improve NT mobs HP/exp ratio to something that's more on par with shaolin mobs, it doesn't really fix any of the bigger issues that made them mostly (though not entirely) unviable to grind on. For the most part, it's the maps themselves that need bigger overhauls to make them even considerable as something more than "mobs you're forced to spend a lot of time on because god damn the quest item drop rates are fucking awful". I'll talk about them separately.

2100 Odaiba: The first map you can step in on the NT questline is actually the closest thing to a viable grinding spot in all of NT. The overloads are autoaggro so they'll zoom down on their own accord, while the afterroads all spawn on the bottom in a fairly confined space. The overloads have some annoying debuffs but at least zombify doesn't debilitate you too badly, and the afterroads have some pretty good drops. Yet this map is still unviable because for some reason (and I cannot fathom why, unless the Japanese devs intended these maps to suck and realized that they were almost about to give out one that doesn't suck) everything is on a 1 minute spawn timer. This means that if your character has any killing speed, you'll be thinning out the mobs real quick and it takes a really long time for replacement spawns to arrive. I'm pretty sure that all this map needs to be good is for this stupid timer to be gone, so things spawn faster.

2095 Park: And this is one of the maps that are even more terrible than NT map standard. The first thing that comes to mind is that Protoroad casts confuse, and training on mobs that can cast confuse is just stupid when you can't get rid of it and it makes movement significantly more annoying than it rightfully should be. Even setting Confuse aside, it's a really wide map with only 5 protoroads, and they don't even give that much exp or have any good drops, so I can't really see many good reasons to come here even still. For this map to be considered, at least Confuse needs to go away and protoroad density needs to be way higher.

2102 Akihabara: While this map is smaller and easier to navigate than Rooftops, the spawn density is stupid low (since Eurwaters are on 1 minute timer here) and zombify is much more annoying here than it was in Odaiba since Eruwaters hit really hard, so there's no real reason to be here when Rooftops is right next doors.

2102 Akihabara - Rooftops: A much better map to kill Eruwaters in, and Eruwater has probably the best drops out of NT mobs, but it still sucks because 1) once again it's too wide and the spawn isn't dense enough to make up for it (though to this map's credit, most of its spawn is on the left side so you don't have to move to the right very frequently), 2) Eruwaters are somewhat difficult to gather since they have super knockback at close range, and a laser with really really long range, and 3) it's full of multi-layered platforms yet you can't down jump. That, combined with the fact that the bottom part of the map is considered water (making jumps out of it difficult to control), makes the map an absolute bitch to navigate, and both you and the Eruwaters can get stuck in stupid places. If the navigation part and the spawn density are made better this map probably has some decent potential.

2102 Old Fox Flagship Deck: This map is so bad. So bad that for the Maverick Y quest people would rather deal with NTPQ with its 3 spawns and 20 minute timers than chasing after the 6 spawns here. While the map isn't too wide like the previous one, it's too tall instead, which if anything is even worse because most of the mobs won't follow you around vertically. The spawn is also really, really bad - you have 9 non-flying mavericks zooming around on what amounts to 4 separate platforms that you get to spend a long time chasing after, all while 2 flying aggro mavericks are chasing after you and blasting you with every debuff under the sun (including slow, which makes naviation even more difficult and can't be all cured). Oh and to cap it all, there are these huge clouds on the bottom that obscure everything making it impossible to see any drops, or any mobs behind them. Honestly I'm not even sure what could make this map anything less than a living hell to be in - maybe with a lot more Maverick V spawns (like 5-6 of them), you can better focus on them instead of chasing after the non flying non aggro Mavericks around? I dunno. More Maverick Y spawns might be nice too, though I wouldn't want to chase them around anyways (esepcially on the bottom when I can't even see them half the time).

In general I just don't think the NT maps were designed to be anything close to grind-viable to begin with, so if the balance team really wants them to compete with shaolin, the maps themselves, rather than the mobs that spawn on them, are the biggest things that need improvement. Maybe some other people who have spent significant amount of times on those maps can chip in with their opinions and ideas too? A lot of my own opinions are based on speculations, since I haven't actually stayed that long on most of the maps. I'd love to hear from people who actually tried to make something out of those maps, if such people exist.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    12:53 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
  3. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    12:53 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Anyways eruwaters map is a very bad built-in. its a really big map with layers. and those layers are so faultly. to be honest there were plenty of times i stuck and i have to be hit by a eruwater to free up. thats mean a big lose of eph. so really if that map is going to be a grind zone it should be changed COMPLETELY by scratch. then increase the numbers of eruwaters in there as the spawn time to be similar as shaolin. as i said if its hard to code, then the EXP buff was a useless idea.

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:53 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If I could down jump on eruwater map, I think it could be a good grinding spot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    The best xp in nt comes from the bosses.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    In terms of xp, I think NTPQ takes it for me, but it's hard to get buffs there compared to any other map. Depending on how valuable you consider money/drops can make nt hard to balance. Personally I'd rather train at whatever is giving me the most eph, with drops as a tiebreaker if its close, but I also knew people that grinded mannies way into 7f range simply for drops with minor xp. Drastic changes could quite heavily impact endgame economy with nt crafting items (for better or worse), so I dont mind steady changes. Ntpq and the first NT map are probably the only ones not annoying enough to dread doing, but ntpq is limited in buff-ability and duration, and the xp rates for both maps still pale to 7f, so ill probably stay at shao.

7. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    11:53 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Hi Op, i have grinded in the maps with my hero quite often. For nt prequest

And i must say it is not a pleasant experience.

I keep lose accuracy and get sealed use a lot of all cure pots. Make's me need to pay a lot of attention when im cursed, sealed cuz I won't be doing any dmg .

Spawn is very bad, maps are huge with drops flying all over the place, making it hard for pets to loot. Instead, you have to manually loot Mesos and items by yourself.

Ntpq is the only one with good xp and the mobs are nicely aggroed towards the centre making it relaxing to grind.

I rate nt as a end game farming spot a 2/10. However, it makes up for it by having a nice look. 10/10 you should farm here.

8. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    11:53 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    maybe this is where mage's SEAL comes in handy (duo)?