1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance Changes: 16/02/2020

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Hiyo, Feb 16, 2020.

1. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    4:33 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    You probably could ulu2 while in HT if you're a NL, hero, or pally. Not saying it'd be as easy as mannequins but it's probably doable. Not sure what you'd consider intended level range for ulu2 but I spent most of 174-181 there on my bishop simply because of the meso gain. I've also seen other mages there well into the 17x and 18x level range which I would consider outside of the intended level range.

upload_2020-2-17_18-28-51.png

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Vowels

Vowels Slimy

Jan 23, 2019
    5:33 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    nerfing ulu2 drops solves nothing, leech price would just rise to compensate.

Eternal hate on mages lacks understanding on how limited the class is and what the class excels at, and it's as if the only solution this hate has is just deleting them from the game by crippling them. In my opinion game shouldn't be balanced around players that are stuck in grinding levels (or choose to do it) for an eternity.

Any 4th job player that is 135+ and plays archer, thief, warrior or pirate and only grinds is doing it wrong, even more if they yell at clouds because mages are grinding gods. What are these players even using their skills on? kill mobs at shaolin forever? They can make the right use of their kit by killing bosses, which is what gives real purpose to their character skills, there they can excel at but choose not to. It doesnt follow that just because some players choose to play like this even try to compete with mages in their field, when in reality these attacker classes should struggle at grinding or buy leech. Then their pp will finally feel big when they outclass the non-existent bossing mages at zakum, horntail, NT or w/e boss. Beware ambition.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:33 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    To chime in on this exciting mannequin discussion, it should brought up that without the use of summon mules mannequins is more or less a 4th rate money making method.
    The premier money making methods right now are 1hit skele leech, 1hit petri leech, 4-5man cave camping HT, solo selling scar helms, and 3man cwkpq. All of these methods can get 20m+ an hour.
    Moving down a tier you have more accessible options like ulu2 leech, non-cave camping 1 party HTs, 4-5man cwkpq, and 2hit skele all of which are solid and sit around ~15m/hr.
    Further going down a tier, we arrive at money making methods that you can do on your own without needing to find buyers/organize parties, as well as methods more accessible to lower level/newer players . These tier 3rd tier options include raw ulu2 farm, raw skele farm, WR/WS leech, and 2 party HTs. These methods generate profit on the order of ~10m/hr.
    It is only when you go 1 more tier down that we find our mannequin friends, who generate profit on the order of ~5-6m if you can 1hit them with mobbing skills. In comparison to the other methods available, grinding mannequins on a 120+ character is like a minimum wage job aimed at entry level players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. Stoffel

Stoffel Mano

Jul 30, 2015
    Male
    Austria
    9:33 PM
    Stillworld
    F/P Arch Mage
    Muse
    Yea they should fix that, we should go and grind at the nonexistent lvl 180 mobs at that point.

Honestly this is derailing a bit too far from the topic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    1:33 PM
    Shadower
    Beaters
    hey just asking for a friend but have u experienced the warrior struggle or r u a mage abuser

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    Kamairi
    Hero
    Sounds a bit like a mage apologist to me :')

7. Danna

Danna Slime

May 19, 2018
    Female
    New York
    10:33 PM
    Cherrywine
    Bishop
    ThotzRUs
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. eshay

eshay Mano

Jan 11, 2020
    Male
    7:33 AM
    eshay
    Night Lord
    All valid points about the mannies map, but I just feel like removing the aggro was unnecessary. If the issue is that people are AFK summoning on that map, then shouldn't that issue be addressed rather than make all the other players who train at mannies suffer. Sure the mesos are good, and there are alot of high level players who probably shouldn't be there (I'm guilty of that), but it's not game breaking. 6m mesos is not by any means broken. Besides, you actually lose a bit of money when you're a level 70-80 unfunded warrior, so being able to get some of that money back when you're stronger is nice. If mages are allowed to make money from selling leech, then why are non-mages not allowed to make mesos from mannies? Selling leech as a mage is definitely one of the most and if not the most viable option of income for players. I just feel like this is unfair for players who don't really want to make a mage.

Also I don't have anything against mages, I just wanted to make a point that's all ty :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    real talk can we get it so if a summon kills a monster then your pet can't loot it to kill these summon abusers

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Only efficient gameplay allowed. Want to upgrade your gear for a character you actually want to play? Just make a mage and earn some mesos :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Yeah, I got some bad news about that. At least one person has done that already SeemsGood

Not just farming either, but actually selling leech. OnionMuha

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    Well well well its about time that Shaolin got nerfed! As much as I love the buffs to NT mobs, it isn't enough. Some maps need more spawn to justify grinding there. AFAIK the park and ship map are quite barren along with being a big map in itself. I do wish there was a way to make party grinding at NT maps yield extra exp bonuses.(Sort of like the Lionheart Castle party grinding)

Although it is a bit sad that Mannequins got nerfed since they could have given them the Goby treatment if meso/event etc farming was that much of an issue. That way the Mannequins are still good for grinding!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    And should have stayed that way, I can only see warriors going back to Gallopera and having to farm 10 hours for 4/5 scrolls to later on spend their profits on leech for lvl 100-120

Because this is Maple Mageends, as discussed on my thread post. We can't hate / touch mages because they are omnipotent to any change.
    If we buff maps, we buff mages.
    If we nerf maps, we don't do jack shit to mages because they already are too buffed for grinding.
    By nerfing maps that are used by non-mages for any kind of profitability... why not? It's not like mages will get salty about it, they'll just use one of the aforementioned tiers of meso making as discussed by Selquin.

Pog aaron bro SeemsGood

Yes, as I wanted to discuss on another post, but I already know they won't retouch these balances, because it's Maple Mageends:

Later on today I'll try farming mannequins for a good 3 hours and give the statistics on changes that were brought from this nerf.
    (as a 1hko warrior though, so it may not be well represented for lower LVLs)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    3:33 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    It bothers me that in 7F there is no place free of blows in the middle as before, to put an HS mule there you could train without problem with a friend without abusing of lech verifying that they don't hit your mule much.
    Now I only see it profitable to go to HT or Toads Run

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:33 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  16. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    dude, 84m is hella good....

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AioriaX

AioriaX Selkie Jr.

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    4:33 AM
    AioriaX
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    It's not the end of the world for Warriors. A map that has been long forgotten = Cavern of Honor, to which auto-aggro still exists.
    Not everyone relies on mages for leech. I grinded my NL when he was lv 90-120 at Cavern of Honor using Avenger (I grinded it all the way anyway). I didnt make much mesos from the drops either but bare-in-mind the ETCs that you get from the mobs can be traded in for mesos (random exchange quest) if you complete the CWK quests (which aren't hard to do).

Cavern of Honor has 3 lanes with NightShadows and Windraiders. Yes, my Hermit might have had Flash Jump for mobility but if its a small map with only 3 lanes (which you could get up to without rope climbing to slow down your mobility) I dont see how Cavern of Honor is a difficult spot as an alternative to train for warriors.

A good value of Cavern of Honor and CWK maps that has been removed from the game with the introduction of CWK PQ is the price of Taos which used to sell for 7-9mil a piece (which was why I suggested to remove Taos from the bonus stage of CWKPQ - which made Balance Fury crafting so much easier and hence a huge drop in BalancedFury value). It was my go-to-spot to train and make money from Exchange Quest (+mesos) and selling taos (also for mesos).

It may not be as good as Mannequins and require travelling through the difficult CWK Jump quest (which can be skipped easily if you actually completed the CWK quest-line), but it is an alternative for warriors who rely on mobbing skills to train as the mobs still have auto-aggro. You get much less mesos maybe with the crashed value of taos but you could still exchange the ETCs for pure mesos.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Nightshadow has 45 avoid which can make them difficult to hit for some warriors since you need 165 accuracy to 100% hit even if you match their level.

19. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    3:33 PM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    currently using basket

Attached Files:

20. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Thats still good... you're almost level 200, so its not gunna be any faster tbh