1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow Telecasting for Magicians

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by redblueblur, Feb 22, 2020.

1. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    3:58 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Balances (mostly nerf) are always happening to braindead spots in order to cultivate a community of active players (grinders). Players mostly think of the server as a never ending nerf server.

Telecasting (allows one to tele after ultimate has been cast).

I'd see this being beneficial to magicians of whom want to and can put in the extra effort into skills polishing (keyboard dexterity + cast timing for spawn) to be efficient in selling leeches.
    I believe we should reward actual non-brain dead players/maps with slight adjustments to actually thrive and not aim towards a brain dead grind session. Let's introduce measures to facilitate active grind session 1 step at a time.

On this note, I'd like to check if it'd be possible to apply this functionality solely to Bishops alone, since bsp at most maps relatively require 2 cast and would then be able to telecast on the 2nd cast to the next spot to again cast twice.
    *Note: this is to solely target leeching and not solve a variety of classes grinding spots as this is all i can come up with currently.

If some changes such as removal of Auto-Aggro on Mannequins (It was Auto in Pre-BB and the nostalgia factor) was made, I don't see why not introducing telecasting.
    *Attached vids shows telecasting in action.

Early game maps
    Just look at the sizes of these maps
    JrWraith JrWraith.png
    Wraith Wraith.png

GS wont really be affected since currently mages r able to clear each respawn wave in the given time with 2 cast of ultimates.
    GS.png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpPfGiF66TQ&list=TLPQMjIwMjIwMjAFthFYkhzvDw&index=2

Just Huge, almost 9~10 cast of ultimates needed for 1 cycle.
    WS.png

End game maps
    To help nostalgic end game grinding maps to be more feasible, we can help by increasing the EPH of said maps so players won't feel as if they've missed out on shaolin's prime days of brain dead leech (diverting the hate from nerf to other feasible leech spots). Most of maps here require >2 (more than 2) ultimate cast as they're relatively larger in size as telecasting can assist in said leech.

skele.png

5-6F 5-6F.png

Your feedback is much appreciated for me and the community.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    1:58 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    would this not just make leeching/mages even stronger?

3. Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    4:58 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    not sure if you are doing a sarcastic suggestion. A suggestion thread to buff mages in what they are already remarkably the best doesn't make sense, it can only probably serve as bait to get some funny reactions or, in the current context, manage to make mage haters seethe harder

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    9:58 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    No sku, this will nerf them!1!!!11!! because means they have to do even less button clicks (kekw)

I love this, as if my hate isn't already at 100%

Quality thread SeemsGood
    tbh mages can't 1hit most mobs, should raise their basic attack on Ultis too (from 600ish to 800ish, not much tbh)

5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Now that we're on this subject. Let's push this game towards more active grinding by giving every class Flash Jump.

Your post was well-made, but the concept of pushing for mage buffs when they're already without a doubt the best mobbing class? Eh.

6. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    I'm a neutral party when it comes to various jobs, however I'm merely just trying improve the eph on maps that are under utilised. Yes it may sound 1 sided but this may open the door to Efficiency and a Competitive leech market. As we compare a mage who doesn't not know how to telecast to the one who does, skill (button pressing and timing) comes into play and also necessary to keep in mind to be efficient.

Bang for buck, getting higher eph while paying roughly same amount of mesos for leech. I'd like to think 'hate' is a very powerful word to use, let me ask you haters, have you (or mostly all) never bought leech before? Also, let's be frank, this is quite a leech era (pre-bb) we've got going, unless u want bossing jobs to be equally grindable like how 4th job killed mages. With mages being close to useless in bossing dpm and just boss support, i don't really see why not.

As a community i'd like for us to progress as a whole cohesive bunch rather than not progressing w such mindsets. In time we can balance other maps for certain classes w grinding issues, however not now in this thread. much appreciated.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Yes and No.
    Since we're not increasing damage but rather mobility. As Telecast would only affect eph of certain map landscape. For smaller maps, it is not 100% necessary to telecast. If it were to be applicable for maps such as WS and Skele, it's not a rather big buff to the exp but a slight increase to reward the input of extra effort to cast rather than brain dead casting.

Smaller leech maps such as:
    - Ghost ships (only 2 cast needed)
    - WS (not necessary for telecast cuz of cast right before slipping off the edge of the platform to drop to the next below)/
    - Petri (not really since theres only a few cast spots to be done during respawn intervals)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Telecasting is disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Also,
    No, it wasn't. Mannequins in Kerning Square (The GMS version of Taipei101) was not only weaker, but they also had no auto aggro

https://bbb.hidden-street.net/monster/kid-mannequin

10. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
  11. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    10:58 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    giving mages the ability to telecast is broken, if they’re already the best without it, why make it possible to even be better than what’s currently the best? I understand that it could create a competitive leech market, however you also give the best mobbing class the capability of being better which seems to be an odd suggestion considering the recent balance changes which were also trying to give mages a harder time at Shaolin.

12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Kim being diplomatic as ever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If we want to truly see utilisation and optimisation of efficiency and skill, why not encourage mages to jumpcast, which is already a mechanism in the game? If you google around videos of mages telecasting, you can see that it's actually pretty OP in which a mage can move from one cast point to the next by telecasting when the animation/effect of their ultimate is still there.

What do you mean by under utilised? The maps that you've mentioned still have people leeching there, and people buying leech in those maps. Sure, they might be less populated than they were before the release of shaolin, and petri's EPH was nerfed sometime ago (AFAIK), but it isn't completely dead like gobies.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    12:58 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I personally believe that telecasting is much less broken than speed infusion working on bishops. However, I think its too imbalanced to have both speed infusion working on mages, and have telecasting.

Also, leech already is very competitive - the top tier leechers use many mules to improve the efficiency of their characters and juggle many clients at the same time.

A top tier skele leecher has to use (at minimum) a si mule, meso up mule, and sweeper mule while controlling their bishop.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:58 PM
    DMsRebirth
  16. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    2:58 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Henesys hunting ground nerfing² when uwu²

17. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
    agree but also must consider some map where mages can already normally clear all spawns per respawn and further extra casts most likely won't affect the exp, however maybe some measures can be taken to cap casting speed while tele-ing.

oh yes, the struggles mage haters won't understand or want to comprehend. With selling leech comes costs such as multi-managing clients.

This is where a Trade-off is present. Either get more eph (ditch the sweeper) or cast normally (keep the sweeper).

18. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Speaking of which. This is an 'Odin' bug and it happens because speed infusion buff masks are missing. If we ever proper code the SI buffs, this will be fixed together with it. Let this post be a warning for that once it happens.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
  20. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    4:58 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    In viewsight of original pre-BB KMS, mage should get SI only for weapon speed.
    pre-BB SI was 'additional buff' does +2 on weapon speed over own boosters, which is possible to co-exist with attackers own boosters, not overrides own booster and gives +4 like current ML does.

FYI : every skills of mages except explosion is not related with weapon speed. I mean, mage has different speed feature like 'casting speed', which can be boosted only by 3rd job mages skill 'Spell booster' by +3. so if you get SI, your explosion speed, and swinging staff speed increases by +2, no any changes except thoses.

Bish was designed not to have boosting for cast speed. therefore, mages +3ed meteor/blizz are still slower than bishes +0ed genesis. when we were able to get SI for mages, it made +3->+4 on mage, and +0->+4 on bish, and that +4 boost on genesis made insane difference with AMs ults. because it wasn't designed to be boosted like that.

I just feel sad for I can't get SI and unbox cwkpq bonus with my mage anymore, since kimmy decided to let SI does not apply on mages anymore. not about ult/AR/Par/CL casting speed, since those weren't in area of SI-benefit originally.

+ WTF is tele-casting? I can't see any difference related in ult-casting delay with pre-BB KMS i've enjoyed, for current ML.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1