1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Drop Rates for Mages/Bishops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Satan, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Satan

Satan Slime

Dec 21, 2019
    Male
    7:39 PM
    saTan1
    Bishop
    Perion
    So it's commonly said that the drop rates for mages/bishops are nerfed when they use their ultimates.

I am curious if anyone actually knows by how much.

If not, I would hope that we could get someone in the staff to shed some light on how different the drop rates are in the spirit of transparency.

I for one, am kind of tired of trying to farm on my bishop to get no drops and maybe like 1 common gacha and hour while other classes are averaging 10 times that in drops and gacha.

Maybe I am just farming in the wrong places/ wrong way but I think it's still fair for us to know where we stand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Drop rates information is not disclosed.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:39 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    One theory is that drop rates are on a "per cast" basis. So that means that every attack you do will have the same chance to drop a gachapon ticket (assuming it kills a monster). This theory would explain why shadowers using their fast first job skill double STAB get more event drops per hr than when they use their slower, multi target moves.

It also means that mages using their ultimates would be really screwed since you are basically only using 2 casts to clear the whole map, whereas a fast first job skill could probably fit in ~10 casts in the same time.

But hey, at least you get more exp / meso / equip drops than everyone else!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Satan

Satan Slime

Dec 21, 2019
    Male
    saTan1
    Bishop
    Perion
    Interesting theory, thanks.
    I don't see how we would get more equip drops if drop rates are on a per cast basis.

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The thing I posted is ONLY in regard to event etc (like the new year envelopes). I'm not 100% sure if it applies to gacha but I think it does. For normal drops (equips, ores, mesos), it doens't apply. Its handled in a per kill basis.

6. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    It's only good to chase good drop rates for events, especially for those who have nothing to gain from training normally. For generic equips and whatnot mages are better off just killing en masse. But gachas and event items are influenced by the skill used.

I also don't think it's on a per cast basis as I believe it's possible to get 2 gachas from 2 different mobs in one cast, it's just incredibly rare but I believe I've seen it before. I remember talking about it at least, but who knows, memory is a fickle thing.

The info that is public just shows that lower job, single target skills are the most effective at farming. There are a few dozen hours of testing that went into it so I'll say with certainty that the skill you use has an impact on drops. This makes Power Strike(1 target) better than Slash Blast(6 targets) on warriors. Magic Claw is effective for mages, and quite nice if you add in SI for some faster casting.

Kills that your summons make can't drop event items either. That does help prevent abuse.

Either way I'll probably get a small strategy guide for the next event. There are some decent maps for event farming, and the best one I found netted 45-60 envelopes per hour. Not bad post-mannies.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Satan

Satan Slime

Dec 21, 2019
    Male
    saTan1
    Bishop
    Perion
    A guide would be awesome.

I wasn't even talking about event drops, just equip drops & gacha.

It's fairly common for me to grind for 1-2 hours and get 0 equips/scrolls at like nightghosts or jonin/ninto and maybe 1 gach.

Thanks for the info about single target skills.

8. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    1:39 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Me a while back annoying kimmy to say stuff:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Satan

Satan Slime

Dec 21, 2019
    Male
    saTan1
    Bishop
    Perion
    So is my luck just garbage then??

10. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    5:39 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I think we have reason to believe that there is a drop rate nerf not only on mage ultimates, but on mages in general. The primary evidence for this comes in the form of summon farming. When you are summon farming with an archer's bird compared to mage summons, there is a noticeable drop rate increase in equips/gach/use items. Unfortunately I did not keep a rigorous record of the rates as I was summon farming, but I can assure you its not a statistical fluctuation. From talking with other people with experience summon farming with mages and archers, it seems like the mage drop rate is on the order of ~60-70% compared to archers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1