1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Aerial Strike Damage Bug

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by akashsky, Nov 23, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    12:00 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Description of the bug: I am not 100% certain if this is a damage bug, or a text/display bug. However, there is something off when it comes to aerial strike's damage.

upload_2019-11-23_13-51-4.png

On my corsair, I have maxed aerial strike. At level 30 it reads the following:
    Level 30: MP -60; damage 1200%. Time required between skills: 5 seconds.

So, if you look at the screen shot with my range, IF the damage % is 1200, my minimum damage should be my minimum range times 12.

3340 * 12 = 40080. Of course monsters have defense so I should expect to hit slightly under this. However, as you can see in the screenshot, my air strike hit for 34380 damage, which is wayyy under my expected minimum damage.

Essentially, this makes me believe that there is a bug regarding air strike. I think its current % damage modifier (in maplelegends) is just above 1000%, not 1200%.

Not sure if this was a Neckson bug, but it the damage should match what the skill says, at 1200%.

What is supposed to happen?:

Air strike is suppose to hit at least 12 times my minimum range.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    Singapore
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Go on a corsair and use air strike.
    Extra information (optional):

2. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    After a bit more investigation, I think this is potentially a wz file bug. I think that at level 30, air strike's damage value is something around 1000 instead of 1200 like it should be. I think it would be found in the 522 wz file in the skill section.

3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    3:00 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Checked wz and the value is correctly defined there.

I'll talk to devs to see if this is indeed a bug or some kind of damage formula caveat.

4. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Okay thanks! If it is some kind of damage formula caveat would it possible to share that formula?

5. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    9:00 AM
    Moderator Post
    Among other special properties (ignoring melee-range gun limitations, being useable with non-gun weapons), Aerial Strike also ignores Bullet damage modifier; please try using the skill without Bullets in your inventory, and do let me know if the damage still feels out of range. I ran a few tests myself and it seems to always fall inside the damage range displayed with no equipped Bullets, but it's always better to be sure.

I will be marking this as "Not a bug" (as it's apparently how Neckson intended the skill to behave), subject to change should new data be reported.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Thanks for solving it! It indeed behaves as you explained.