1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide for Windows Watch TV While You Grind

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Yell, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    5:59 PM
    Snail
    Hey everyone. Been a while since I've been around, but I'll be online more starting now. Today I’m going to show you how to watch Netflix or another streaming service with it opaque and on top of Maplestory. This will allow you to mindlessly grind while watching your favorite tv show. For this tutorial, I’ll be using a program called AutoHotKey. This makes tiny window scripts into macros for things like window transparency and other little things. These scripts don’t change your gameplay at all or allow you to cheat in any way. Regardless, use at your own risk.

First, go download the latest version of AutoHotKey

https://www.autohotkey.com/

Once downloaded, go to your desktop and right click > new > AutoHotkeyScript.

Name it what you’d like, just make sure it is .ahk for the file type.

We will be making two scripts to be able to do this. Create the following .akh files on your desktop and paste the script into them and then save them.

Top.ahk

Code:
    ^SPACE::  Winset, Alwaysontop, , A
    Opaque.ahk

Code:
    #T::

DetectHiddenWindows, on

WinGet, curtrans, Transparent, A

if ! curtrans

curtrans = 255

newtrans := curtrans - 64

if newtrans > 0

{

WinSet, Transparent, %newtrans%, A

}

else

{

WinSet, Transparent, 255, A

WinSet, Transparent, OFF, A

}

return

#w::

DetectHiddenWindows, on

WinSet, TransColor, Black 128, A

return

#o::

WinSet, Transparent, 255, A

WinSet, Transparent, OFF, A

return

#g::  ; Press Win+G to show the current settings of the window under the mouse.

MouseGetPos,,, MouseWin

WinGet, Transparent, Transparent, ahk_id %MouseWin%

WinGet, TransColor, TransColor, ahk_id %MouseWin%

ToolTip Translucency:`t%Transparent%`nTransColor:`t%TransColor%

Return

After you have done this, open up the streaming service you want to use. Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, etc and get the show you want ready. Place the window on top of your Maplestory window. Make sure that the tool bar on your internet browser is ABOVE your Maplestory. If you don’t do this, it will show on your screen and it gets distracting in my opinion.

Next, press CTRL + Space and then Windows Key + T. You can press Windows Key + T more times to toggle transparency. Press play and then just alt + tab back to your Maplestory.

Enjoy!

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
  3. OP
    OP
    Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    If I explained it poorly, please let me know where and I'll reword it.

4. Skimpy

Skimpy Red Snail

Dec 3, 2019
    5:59 AM
    Skimpy
    Magician
    Maybe a video step by step tutorial would be beneficial too ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Yell

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    I'll work on one in the next few days then maybe.

6. gamadguy

gamadguy Slime

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    11:59 PM
    doesn't it count as botting though 0o?

7. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    2:59 PM
    WARNING

Be careful when using this, if someone reports you for bottling and a GM decides to test you, I'm not sure what will happen, you might be banned.
    I was using this setup. I have a controller that is giving inputs to MS, I'm holding down right trigger to heal on some stairs.

I typically use sound cues to know when i need to move left or right while watching a show. This means I often stand there healing nothing because i get distracted by the show and don't hear that no monsters are getting hit (this obviously looks like a bot that stopped working).

I was bot testing and passed with a small amount of time remaining. Good thing I at least stream or record almost all of my game-play so I would have some evidence I was not bottling.

Stay safe.

Update:
    I got tested again using this setup. Safe to say its not safe to use this if you want to avoid trouble. Would love to hear form others using this if they face similar issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Galician

Galician Blue Snail

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Galician
    Magician
    Im very curious this sounds so interesting. Any updates on making a video or atleast a screenshot??