1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Monster glitches with using Poison Mist + Threaten

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by beacortex, Apr 14, 2020.

1. beacortex

beacortex Blue Snail

Apr 14, 2020
    1:04 AM
    TopSin
    Hermit
    Sense
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Monsters glitch their HP / DMG when Poison Mist and Threaten are used together. Mobs that have these effects applied will damage players 10x than normal and heal.
    What is supposed to happen?: Casting both should just decrease the HP of the mobs.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: First at Magatia PQ and then outside in regular maps. We tried both scenarios to reproduce the issue.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): A F/P and Warrior get into a party. F/P Mage casts Poison Mist on mobs, then Warrior casts Threaten on mobs. Once both are applied, there's a high chance that mobs would seem like they "heal" (see pic) and do ten time more damage to players that get hit.
    Extra information (optional): This was reported to GM (Ducky) and they saw one of the side-effects live (they were in our PQ).

Attached Files:

2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    pog

Does it work on something hard-hitting like a Petri?

Asking for a friend

3. Bambo

Bambo Stone Golem

Jul 26, 2017
    Male
    Hanoi, Vietnam
    3:04 PM
    FPBambo
    F/P Wizard
    Spirit
    imagine some guy with threaten comes to a misted map and start threating monsters KEK

its not counted as "kill stealling" so its legal

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    beacortex

beacortex Blue Snail

Apr 14, 2020
    TopSin
    Hermit
    Sense
    As far as I can tell, it works on all mobs; not just ones in Magatia...

5. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    3:04 AM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    Not sure if the effects is permanent on the monster or not nor do we know how much exactly more powerful the monster becomes either, but it does seem to be proportionally stronger with the monster under the Poison Threat glitch.

So no, ya can't make a Snail do 30k damage, though as fun as that would be to see.

6. SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    Further tests I've done so far show that Poison Breath does not seem to trigger Poison Threat glitch, but the test was not as extensive as I would like it to be.

7. SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    A bump to this thread, as it's been brought up again and I've had further tests on the glitch.

1. Monsters under the glitch do not permanently gain the power boost. Generally, the glitch lasts as long as the Monster still has the Poison status.

2. It seems like there is a far likelihood that a combination of Poison Mist, Threaten, and an attack of any sort will trigger the glitch but further tests need to be done for more conclusive results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    As long as the Monster is not immune to the Poison status, or by some miracle the Threaten status, they can receive the glitch.

The glitch seems to affect Physical damage only, and thus is most noticeable on contact damage. However, that does mean that Monsters that attack with Physical damage can amplify their attacks as well. I can say this from experience as I accidentally did the glitch in the Shaolin Temple and took 32k damage from a Silver Spearman's attack. (That's right, I took more damage than max possible health!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SaviorSword

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    Yes! It's me again to bump this thread YET AGAIN!

Just today I did somehow activate Poison Threat today again, which sadly end up with another team kill, but with another skill. This time, it was the 4th Job Thief Skill: Venomous Star/Stab.

This also makes the implication that it is possible to activate Poison Threat with any Skill that can cause Poison to a Monster.

One last test I would like to see is if other Skills that causes Damage Over Time that's not the Poison Element like from the effects from Ice or Fire Demon.