1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make reset ap grant full hp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Oatmeal, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Oatmeal

Oatmeal Mano

Dec 23, 2019
    6:37 AM
    From my understanding, there are two ways to hp wash that aren't mp/double washing.

First would be the common way. Level up, put fresh ap into hp, reset from mp and put it into stat. This method takes advantage of hp skills and provides a randomized amount of hp.

The other way involves having a point already sitting in hp by any means. Then whenever you have enough mp, reset from mp and put it into hp. This method does not recognize hp skills and does not even seem to provide the correct base hp gain for a given class. For example, on a page it provides +20 instead of the minimum +24.

While not by any means a necessary addition to the game, it would be a nice QOL adjustment to make reset ap from the second method provide the minimum full hp with hp skill boosts. This would make it less cumbersome to wash by removing the need to manage fresh ap and allow for resets to be done in bulk whenever one wants.
    Fresh ap would still provide the advantage of having a chance to gain slightly more by the randomized base gain while reset ap would only provide the minimum.

EDIT:
    Upon further investigation this looks like it may be a bug?
    Some older guides and calculators on the forums seem to imply that using the mp reset method is actually better than using fresh ap.
    I'm not sure if that's due to the information coming from other servers that work differently or if it's because there was actually a change to how this work at some point in maplelegends history.
    Theres some discussion on this thread about it
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/advanced-hp-wash-calculator-v0-41.16508/page-2
    Noticeably, jlimlim says that it apparently worked in the way I described with an mp reset granting the minimum 50hp for warriors with the hp skill, while fresh ap gave the random 50-54hp. However, I know for a fact that this isn't the way it works anymore since I just tested it yesterday and only got +20 on mp reset hp. Given that, it also appears that the base gain for warrior is actually 20 and not 24.

2. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    3:37 AM
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    not gonna happen
    this affects everyone and those who have already done it.

3. OP
    OP
    Oatmeal

Oatmeal Mano

Dec 23, 2019
    6:37 AM
    I don't think that devaluing those who washed in the objectively worse way before this change would really be a concern and it still doesn't devalue people who wash normally seeing as that way can net you upwards of 400hp over the changes to the second method I described.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    3:37 AM
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    Yeah, there's a lot of complications to your suggestion of treating used AP the same as fresh AP. It's fine the way it is. MP washing is a method to gain way more hp compared to the traditional washing. It just takes a hell of a lot more time. We all go through that wait.