1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest Rings?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Flyinpanda, Apr 24, 2020.

Should this be added?

1. Yes

82.2%
  2. No

8.9%
  3. Needs more work

8.9%
  1. OP
    OP
    Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    6:34 PM
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    I mean honestly, you could also take off a wedding ring when you are training. In addition, I don't see anything bad with wanting to replace items such as a zombie ring/ Ellin quest ring. I feel like replacing a ring in general would be less annoying for a lot of players in the server since what if they invested like 60m onto their HTP (Idk prices tbh i'm a lowly noob but you get the idea).

In addition, having the reward being a ring kind of helps out newer players who perhaps are not married or was present for event rings such as the zombie ring, etc.

2. OP
    OP
    Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    Idk I don't really agree with this because that'll ruin the already crashing market. Perhaps if the items that were given will be untradable?
    Perhaps maybe the vote cash seems pretty good idea? I like the idea of having vote cash since that'll help them get around the maple world faster.

3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    It would be better to have the Wedding Ring something cosmetically worn over the new ring. Still, I don't like a ring for this instead of a medal like it was done in GMS.

4. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Medals are not coming to this server. Neither are belts. PLEASE do not derail this thread.

5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I'm not derailing, I'm just expressing my viewpoint on this issue. If I disagree, it would only be fitting that I explain why I disagree. Telling me I'm derailing the issue by explaining why I disagree is disingenuous, to say the least.

6. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    9:34 AM
    Crusader
    I would greatly prefer the reward for completing numerous quests to be some form of upgradable equipment. But there simply isn't enough item slots for one more piece of equipment. I'm not too keen on it being a face or eye accessory, although that's probably the least disruptive option we have.

7. OP
    OP
    Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    Can we please avoid arguing on my thread? Take it to pms please ^^

8. OP
    OP
    Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    Maybe a pet equip?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Civil arguments should always be allowed in discussing anything regarding the game. Please don't take personal offense toward me simply because I do not agree with your original premise. I've already shown my willingness to create something for quest completions by agreeing with an alternative proposal of having rewards offered for every 100 quests completed. If you disagree with me, either explain why or ignore me. I rather resent you're desire to single me out - it gives me the impression you just want to silence me, and that's not appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    One that doesn't expire, too... I like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    I'm not singling you out. But just the spat between you and Daydreamer doesn't fit the overall theme of this post. However, I do welcome your suggestion to add medals because that is a positive contribution towards finding a solution towards quest rewards.
    The suggestion is perfectly fine and if anything a separate post can be made about it.

12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I suppose I wouldn't feel singled out if you had quoted Daydreamer as well...

13. OP
    OP
    Flyinpanda

Flyinpanda Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Ask me in game
    Flyinpandas | Lazypanda
    Shadower
    Konoha
    Sorry I'm kind of new to the forums, and I didn't know I could multi quote. I apologize.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    9:34 AM
    Crusader
    A pet equip sounds like a great idea. There are quite a number of pet-related quests too, so it makes perfect sense.

15. Starbright

Starbright Slime

Oct 24, 2019
    9:34 PM
    NightRose
    Priest
    WeenIeHutJr
    The trouble with a pet equip is nearly all pets have a specific equip that no other pet can use. There is no single equip that can be put on any pet, and I don't know if it's possible to create one in v62.

If game balance is a concern, how about a really flashy chair?

16. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I know it's not exactly the same thing, but it technically is a Pet Equip... Meso Magnet and Auto Pots are such Pet Equips that can be equipped by all pets. I admit my knowledge of the coding is cursory at best, but if the code can be used from those, then I would think it possible to create a universal Pet Equip.