1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information MapleLegends roadmap April~May

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:33 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello everyone,

As some may have seen, 2 days ago we've reached 2000+ concurrent users online. Obviously, that's worth celebrating, and we thank you all very much for the recent support and love for the game.

The main focus of this announcement is the transparency of what is going to happen next for MapleLegends. I've been sending a few messages in-game, but I feel with a proper announcement everyone is aware, which prevents repeated questions and concerns

~ Server Hardware / Software upgrades ~

First things first are the server upgrades. As mentioned in the last maintenance, MapleLegends is running on the same hardware since 2016, and on some parts software as well. We are currently preparing upgrades to a more powerful machine.

While some may think all we have to do is purchase the system and transfer everything over, we want to take this time also to completely overhaul our setup, for the better. That means that more than just an upgrade is being prepared.

We are extremely proud that the server can be run with 2000 users, to begin with, seeing the base emulator we have to deal with, and the current hardware we are using.

The current ETA is possibly the end of the upcoming week, but no promises. We want to thank you very much for the patience and support while the server is slightly laggy, and we hope that everything will go well once we've upgraded.

~ MapleLegends 5th Anniversary Events ~

MapleLegends turned 5 years April 1st! It's incredible it's been 5 years already, and more if you count the closed/open beta periods. MapleLegends went through a lot of phrases, and it feels weird sometimes thinking about them, seeing I was there since day 1.

MapleLegends, like every server, isn't perfect, but what is reached with a server that has never wiped we are nothing short but very proud of what we've reached. Of course far from flawless, especially with the 'modern' taste of servers (ex: discourage/hate of wash/leech), but you can't please everyone with 1 single server. It's impossible.

We can't thank you all enough for supporting, promoting, or even just playing MapleLegends through the years.

The Anniversary is quite close to being finished, and we are planning to hopefully release it slightly after the server upgrades. With the Anniversary we'll also be having a mandatory patch.

~ Moving forward ~

With MapleLegends being *so* populated right now we are actively looking if we are needing to balance things. For example, with more users, more Gachapon tickets get farmed from users, since they drop from mobs. This is purely an example but for other things such as events, we need to think heavily now when it comes to our balance. What first was 700 users peak is now 2000 users peak without any event going on. That's an incredible change, and we need to think balance through those new users as well, which is a challenge that will definitely not be flawless.

MapleLegends itself will still be running in pretty much the same way as it has been for 5 years, and we try our best to provide an Old School MapleStory experience that no longer is officially supported as long as we can. For you, it's the most important part that you enjoy every minute of it, and make friendships along the way. Friendships never end, unless you make it end.

Once again we thank you for the patience as we go through the upgrading phase of the server, and sorry for the inconvenience.

~MapleLegends Staff & Administration

• Great Work Great Work x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Alcor

Alcor Stone Golem

Mar 19, 2020
    Male
    2:33 AM
    Alcor
    Bishop
    Generous
  3. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    2020 not so bad!
    2020.PNG

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    3:33 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    THIS IS NOT PROPER PRACTICE OF SOCIAL DISTANCING!!! I think everyone should go into the CS and wear the Dual Blade mask. =oD

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    5:33 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Seconding this. Having two different dlls and a trigger in the .ini to determine which one to use is fine too.

7. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I think there should be a mask for every player that gives poison resistance and call it an event

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We will have a new one again similar to the Feb build but hopefully without crashes. If the case appears the crashes are there still anyway, then a link for December build will once again be provided. I really hope that is not needed for a second time though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. ddiski

ddiski Slime

Mar 10, 2020
    Male
    Netherlands
    Ddiski
    Hero
    Perion
    I love the roadmap. Its really nice to see where the server is going :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. brandyyyyy

brandyyyyy Snail

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    5:33 PM
    Brawman
    Warrior
    Awesome! Thanks for the update :D

11. Rizo

Rizo Mano

Jun 11, 2017
    Male
    4:33 AM
    Rizo
    Dragon Knight
    SPARTA
    I've serve, and will keep serving.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Sage

Sage Slime

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    Moefrog
    Cleric
    derpfam
    i think we don't have to worry much as more gach tickets drop as more ppl will need items from it. as the supply increases also the demand increases. yes it's not that simple mainly because the influx of new players still have no money to play around. but its just from the start. and if you nerf gach how will the new players earn mesos as this is mainly the way they prosper in this server.

its something to think about.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    For gachaphone tickets is there a way that you can keep the drop rate as it is but change the drop rate of some items of extreme value? Decrease the drop rate of rare/extremely expensive items while increasing the low-mid tier items for new users to gain meso but not too much because some of the necessary items only drop from gachaphone.

14. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    For those replying about gachapon it was purely an example. It wasn't implying gachapon will infact be changed.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Riven1997

Riven1997 Snail

Apr 3, 2020
    Male
    Massaki
    Thief
    Can we change that so I dont have to HP wash at all to play as a nightlord? :))

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    6:33 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    All i see is: "Can I play an OP class with no drawbacks?"