1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Party Quests [PQ] allowing multiple parties to go inside the same channel

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AntFromHell, Apr 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. AntFromHell

AntFromHell Red Snail

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    10:02 PM
    AntFromHell
    Assassin
    yes?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:02 PM
    Moderator Post
    Guess you didnt play a new char since the pop increase. Both KPQ and LPQ are completely full at all times now

3. WarriorHero

WarriorHero Blue Snail

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    11:02 AM
    HeroiWarrior
    Hero, Fighter
    Well, I guess thats part of the nostalgia lol

4. WarriorHero

WarriorHero Blue Snail

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    11:02 AM
    HeroiWarrior
    Hero, Fighter
    Maybe more channels will be better, up to channel 10 maybe..

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    10:02 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I personally like having fewer channels to make the game more social, I don't think having to wait to PQ is worth sacrificing that but I can understand if you disagree

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Starbright

Starbright Slime

Oct 24, 2019
    NightRose
    Priest
    WeenIeHutJr
    PQs became instanced in a later version, though I'm not sure if it can be back-ported into v62. I think it's worth doing if it's possible. I also think thre shouldn't be more channels, as it builds community if players encounter each other more, but waiting to do a common activity isn't the way forward either. At levels 21-30 and again at 35-50 there really isn't an alternative to PQing unless you can afford to buy leech, since grinding is much slower.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Please don't kill this nostalgia which may only come once in a life time

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. TofuEater

TofuEater Mano

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    4:02 PM
    Fauda
    Brawler
    I do not assume that as a positive nostalgia among the majority of the players. I see no gain in waiting for 20 minutes (or more) for each run in LPQ and that was the reason I ditched LPQ so fast, despite it being my favorite.

I do think that allowing multiple runs in PQs similar to how GMS did eventually will increase the number of participants in PQs and thus create more social opportunities.

I'd like that.

9. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Grinding is definitely not much slower. I started a new page recently and ended up at teddies from 22-35 and was leveling once every 10-30 minutes. Genins are probably even faster and drop mithril ores for some potion money but the map layout is a little worse I think. After teddies I went to straw target dummies (STDs) from 35-46 and leveled once every 30-45 minutes. This was on a character with 40 base int, clean weapon (until lvl 35), and no attack glove. The only item I had on that wasn't clean was a scrolled blue wisconsin for some accuracy which could easily be made up by adding base dex instead of base int. To 100% hit these mob you need 58 accuracy at lvl 22 for brown teddies and 88 accuracy at lvl 35 for STD. STD might be a little harder for most people but even staying at teddies for a few extra levels isn't that bad. I saw people as high as 45-50 training on teddies because they mob really well and the exp is solid. There's also this guide on the forums for getting from 1-36 in 6 hours through questing so there definitely are alternatives to PQing.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-for-1-35-in-under-6-hours.29751/#post-207948

Meanwhile there are times where I've had 1 LPQ take 30 minutes and gain only 20-30%. Now it's probably even worse because it's so congested you have to wait to find a channel.

• Like Like x 1
  10. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    I do like the nostalgia of tracking, spamming click for pq.
    This opportunity might not come again, because ml may not have this much concurrent players anymore after the end of covid season (of course I hope covid ends fast though).
    So appreciate this nostalgia while it last.

11. TofuEater

TofuEater Mano

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    4:02 PM
    Fauda
    Brawler
    Yeah I see your point.
    I also think there's an up side for the current situation as it forces people to do more stuff rather than sitting in floor 101 and this contributes for more social opportunities.

12. OP
    OP
    AntFromHell

AntFromHell Red Snail

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    AntFromHell
    Assassin
    I like to camp at the mushroom place but the thought of holding 1 out of 7 possible channels to PQ forces me to go out and do the PQ again out of guilt. IMO, It's a zero-sum system that shouldn't be encouraged in the first place as the 'competitiveness' is quite out of place. Maple should first and foremost be a PVE game where people can just chill, not a bunny race to get a PQ slot. Why would I play maple if I want that then? I can just go to the many PVP FPS, MOBA or Battle Royale games. The only nostalgic part I can remember is of camping and stealing spots, spying, typing /find and a general sense of frustration.