1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update Client Patch Notes 1.3: May 7, 2020

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, May 7, 2020.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:05 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

With the server upgrade comes also a new client. This client hopefully fixed all the disconnect and crash problems that occurred on the February build, while keeping everything that made the February client great. In my opinion, it's the most stable client yet, and hopefully, it will be for the rest too. Over 15 full Horntail runs were done with it, and 0 of them crashed, so at the least, the random 'Unknown Error' crashes should be fixed. Please Maplestory

New features inside .ini

- Dark Chat

Ever in a light area and the chat just becomes very hard to read? Not anymore! With dark chat, you can now see with no problems in light areas as well.

Default: https://i.imgur.com/Yz2bD55.png
    Dark Chat: https://i.imgur.com/hZ9JQLs.png

As always it's optional and it is up to you if you want to enable it.

We hope you'll enjoy this feature.

February features

For those that rolled back to December / Hotfix and need a reminder what was new on that build, here's a refresher:

- Alliance now show on user profiles
    - MSBCP140.dll not found should no longer occur ever
    - Crashing after Wizet/Neckson logo or entering Cash Shop should no longer occur
    - Map camera boundaries can be modified on the fly without new files
    - You can now use characters such as á é í ó ú à è ë in-game similar to MapleStory Europe and other regions
    - The chatbar in-game now store up to 999,999 messages each session (Old Demo from discord: Click)
    - You can now maximize and minimize the game client

MISC:

- Additional improvements and tweaks have been made into the code to battle any kind of memory leaks (GFX-client crashes)
    - The login screen has been made slightly more nostalgic

Map fixes / tweaks

The past week I've been fixing more maps and tweaking the camera. The following maps should look at the least better now. As always thanks to Krauser94Krauser94 for helping out with backgrounds:

Not all maps are included, especially those where I only tweaked the cameras. Go exploring!

Anniversary Update

Do note this is only the client changes, and not the changes coming with the anniversary event. There's a lot more coming, so please sit tight and watch for the upcoming days.

Thank you

The following people have helped us in finding the cause of crashes, support, or are just cool people. Not everyone may be included, since I lost track at this point.

- Shavit also known as =^● ⋏ ●^= gave different kinds of tips and suggestions on what the cause could have been on the infamous Unknown Error problems, as well as some unrelated tips. If you ever need a custom server to distract you from MapleLegends I highly recommend Windia: https://windia.me/

- F0 / Flippy: Did his very best to figure out the Unknown Error problems and is a cool person as well. Helped make a breakthrough with the memory leaks of the game. Sometimes you just need someone to look at it that doesn't main MapleStory. If you ever need to play a different game altogether he runs an Old School Mabinogi server which can be found here: http://mabi.pro/

- Moozi aka YungMoozi for help and assistance regarding client tweaks as well! You can find his personal project here: https://rebirth.dev/

- Eric: While Eric didn't help directly with this update, or any update recently for that matter, Eric still deserves a shoutout for just how much he does for the community, trying to stay as neutral as he can be to ANY server, and help users out with tips, using his knowledge of the server and client. Eric helped us quite a bit when we were just getting started doing client/skill edit changes, and without him, we would still have been stuck with very annoying v0.62 hardcoded problems in the first few years. While we thanked Eric on the patch notes when those happened, here's an additional one. Stay cool. You can find his personal project here

Of course additional thanks to yeehawyeehaw and PastaPasta for being the masterminds of our edits. They are already much aware of how much we appreciate it :)

~ MapleLegends Staff and Administration

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  2. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    1:05 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    We did have access to some characters but in spanish the capital Ñ wasn't there but the regular ñ was. Just in case this is still a thing o.o

3. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    8:05 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Can't wait to see how smooth it is.
    Those corner smegas were fucken annoying, people could've died from that