1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleepywood-locked Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daydreamer, Apr 26, 2020.

1. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    2:15 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Putting out a bounty on any lv 40-65 knuckles you manage to fish from gach.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ejarel

Ejarel Snail

May 5, 2020
    Male
    9:15 PM
    Beginner
    Created an account to post this - leggo!
    Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 1.06.34 AM.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. cobbages

cobbages Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    9:15 AM
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    hey fellow sleepy-locked!

big-ish post incoming
    add deep ludi after end game tunnel?making guild this saturday, would love to have everyone there that can be there!

first thing’s first: the plan for making a guild is to meet above ground at ellinia’s docking station to fly to orbis this Saturday. i’ll be available most of the day. i’m EST/-4server time.

more on the guild here in a bit.

for now, i wanted to float an idea that has been tossed around among a couple sleepers. without getting too lengthy, the idea is essentially opening up Deep Ludi for access after reaching some sort of completion on the caves.

this idea came across my radar when i had mentioned to swordnboard in passing if he thought it would be feasible if a similar challenge could take place in ludi tower. he then went on to tell me about this idea, to open up deep ludi after spelunking.

i have mixed feelings about this, but overall feel mostly intrigued by it. on one hand, the idea of having more content to explore AND the somewhat consistent environment (deep ludi...cave) has me thinking, “this could be really cool!”

on the other hand, an argument could be made for the purity and simplicity of the original challenge. and i don’t mind it being that way either!

which is why i wanted to bring it up here, especially since we don’t have a guild or dedicated channel of communication yet. which leads me to this...

guild name (emblem can come later - not as urgent atm)

say we did reach an agreement to open up deep ludi. should that affect the guild name? basically should one decision affect the other is what i’m getting at. i’d like to know this before saturday if possible!

i’d like to hear everyone’s thoughts on deep ludi becoming available, or not, along with why or why not! if you agree leave an check-mark reaction, if you disagree leave disagree or X reaction to this post. this is my best way of figuring a vote haha.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Blueberry

Blueberry Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    4:15 PM
    Danix
    Beginner
    I have mixed feelings as well about the deep ludi idea. This is a cool idea, but I don't know if the whole challenge will still remain challenging or it will lose its point.
    I'm interested to see the sleepywood's folk thoughts about this idea.

The guild idea is fantastic! I hope to be there in the creation. I'm 4 hours ahead of server time, GMT.

5. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    I'm ok with the deep ludi idea. We'll have something more to look forward to after we outgrow Sleepywood. Not that Vitruvius will ever outgrow Sleepywood... Methinks it's still thematic as well, since it's a self-contained area that has its own potion shop and a boss at the very end. It is a much smaller area however, so there's a lot less to do there.

FoxF2 Yay to a Sleepywood guild! I don't really have an idea for the guild name though >< Also, a couple of us are at +8 GMT.

6. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    I think these two kinds of challenge are different, and it should be seperated.
    After completing all achievements in Sleepywood, we may discuss deep-ludi challenge more further.
    But in now seems that every spelunker is still very 'young', I currently suggest that the regulation for continuing deep-ludi challenge is need for at least killing Jr. balrog once.
    Anyways, many challenges are still good for motivation.
    I maybe can't go to found the guild, but please lemme in after u guys finish~FoxBye

7. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:15 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Generally speaking the idea is to make Deep-Ludi accessible for people that have completed the goal quest of killing Jr. Balrog and Zombie Mushmom (maybe make it extreme, as in complete the monster cards for both?)

Not sure of how it will be when one goes to Deep Ludi? Can he travel back to Sleepywood at a later moment?
    I'm GMT+2 for guild making

8. Jibz

Jibz Mano

Mar 9, 2019
    Male
    Jibs
    Paladin
    Simple
    I'm down with the deep ludi idea, but we definately need to make some big achievement to be able to escape.
    Maybe getting to lvl70 is our only key to freedom?...

I'm GMT+1 and working weekends so unfortunately won't be available for guild making :poop:

9. cloudy9

cloudy9 Slime

May 12, 2018
    Male
    cloudy99
    Beginner
    Add me ign: imsleeping

10. KloudKnight

KloudKnight Brown Teddy Retired Staff

Jul 22, 2019
    Male
    11:15 PM
    KloudKnight
    Brawler
    Agape
    This honestly seems like a pretty bad challenge.
    There's not much content in Sleepywood and your goals are rather limited. Off the top of my head, the best goals would be to beat Jr. Balrog, beat Zombie Mushmom, collect all the cards in the region, complete all the quests, collect every best in slot item.
    It's not really something to write home about like area/region locked challenges in other games like Runescape. On the off chance that the proper Balrog is added, then the challenge will have something worth working towards, but right now the challenge is rather easy, just slow.
    If you want to really push yourself, head off at level 10 or job advancement. Sleepywood surprisingly has a nice progression curve.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
  11. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    tbh imho this is bs.
    Else why would I be islanding in my free time?
    I feel like Sleepywood is the correct slice of non-Maple Island which can be locked to a certain challenge, the fun part is seeing outsiders ask why you're there at some certain levels, just like it happens with islanders and newbies "omg u blocked island?"

12. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    You are free to have an opinion, but i disagree with you.

Im enjoying myself just fine.

13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Yeah let's criticize the goals people set for themselves in a mushroom whacking game. Way to take the fun out of it my dude.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Blueberry

Blueberry Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    4:15 PM
    Danix
    Beginner
    Yeah, maybe you're right, and maybe not. It's like people are asking me why I play with a beginner. It's easy, maybe if you have the gear, but yeah, it can be a really slow progression.
    At the end of the day I'm having fun playing the game and I don't feel like I've wasted my time, so I'm cool with that. SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. cobbages

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    nah.

• Like Like x 1
  16. KloudKnight

KloudKnight Brown Teddy Retired Staff

Jul 22, 2019
    Male
    11:15 PM
    KloudKnight
    Brawler
    Agape
    Yeah, I get the disagreement over calling the challenge bad, but in my opinion, it isn't really a challenge or a meme.
    Islanders and Beginners can be seen partaking in their challenge while Sleepywood restricted characters have nothing to really show, you're just a player training in Sleepywood. Sleepywood is a very diverse area with a surprisingly nice progression curve much like the rest of Victoria Island. Rather than being challenged, you've given a difficulty curve of standard gameplay. The progression is almost entirely mapped out in-game too and that's my criticism regarding the challenge.
    It's just easy, you're welcome to leave for job advancements, you're given until level 20 before you have to enter and you've got 5k mesos to spend right off the bat. It'd be more interesting to throw yourself in at level 10 as a beginner or 1st job whatever and truly trap yourself in Sleepywood. Play through the game like a new player who got lost in Sleepywood, underprepared and surrounded by powerful mobs.
    I'm all for dumb and silly challenges like STR mages and Double Stab NLs and the idea is great, I was just hoping the execution would make it challenging.

• Like Like x 1
  17. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    That's why I choose beginner for this challenge and not bring the OP tuna <3
    Anyways, I simply take a respect for those who take on this challenge.
    Sometimes doing some crazy dumb things are interesting and can let yourself confident.MapleF17

18. cloudy9

cloudy9 Slime

May 12, 2018
    Male
    cloudy99
    Beginner
    when this is called a challenge, its a challenge relative to standard, more meta ways of leveling, e.g., kpq, lpq, leeching lol

i also think "challenge" is being used loosely by the people who play sleepy locked. i think it's more of used to describe the endeavor. also and again, this is objectively more of a challenge than the conventional way of playing where you can pq, merch, get free things, train optimally. your interpretation of a challenge is valid, but the word challenge is also relative so that this can also be a challenge for others too

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Why does a challenge have to be difficult in a game where no actual rules can be enforced regardless?
    Just let people play they consider entertaining.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. cobbages

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    OnionF6

Oh, believe me. I love challenges~ And I get where you're coming from. It isn't quite the Maple Island vibe or Perma-ginner grind. The whole, level 50 [60, 70] off of Pigs and/or Mushrooms isn't the goal here.

Level 10, level 20, the difference is just a handful of hours. We've got a player that started level 10 and from what I've speculated, it didn't seem too strenuous to get level 20. Again, the point of this challenge isn't to be heavily grind-focused. At the end of the day, it all boils down to your definition of challenge, though. It sounds to me like your definition of challenge is time. Everyone's definition of challenge is different though. Taking longer to hit 70, a smaller drop table available to you with fewer options, less available maps; when you consider the entire map that Legends has to offer, 40 maps isn't much. Fewer drops actually make me value the gachapon rolls much more. Breathes some excitement into it that you wouldn't get with a FM and shop at your disposal.

Actually, one of the attractive things about the Sleepywood-only was the natural progression curve. It's what made me decide to commit to playing. The enjoyment I receive from this playthrough is the communal aspect of it. Giving freely to someone that needs a hand and not expecting anything out of it. At the same time, getting a helping hand here and there from those same people.

All that said, I do appreciate your opinion. Thank you. I would invite you to join us and make it your own if anything. Never hurts to have another person on the buddy list! OnionPerfect

• Agree Agree x 11