1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Live Update: 11/05/2020

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, May 11, 2020.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:30 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

The following changes have been applied:

- Slightly decreased the mob rates of Destroyed Park I
    - Slightly increased the mob rates of Destroyed Park II

These changes are applied immediately.

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Haha leechers are gonna be so heartbroken

• Funny Funny x 8
  3. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    4:30 AM
    Cookiee
    Hero
    Thanks Kimmy. This is a good update.

4. Capricorn

Capricorn Mano

Dec 15, 2017
    Female
    2:30 PM
    Taleeta
    I/L Mage
    Very good move.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Arkalar

Arkalar Red Snail

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    11:30 AM
    Arkalar
    Bowmaster
    Sugma
    Will there be changes to any other maps to create more viable training spots for high levels? With Mannequin nerf and now Dukus it feels like this might just force more people into fewer and fewer maps. I feel like this may just make the @mapowner abuse even worse. These maps are toxic enough as it is without making the overcrowing even more apparent.

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    On the contrary, this might actually decrease the monopoly leech sellers have on viable training maps for higher levels.
    In the sense that currently I feel like higher leveled players only consider few maps viable (given how far superior some maps were over the others), this would only level the playing field and cause higher leveled players to utilize a broader set of maps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:30 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    The intention of the Destroyed Park 1 map (since no one ever went to it), was to provide an alternative map to 2-hit petris. Which (with the spawn rate still buffed) should still be comparable to 2-hit petris (only the mob count was reduced). What wasn't intended, was for it to eclipse and surpass all other maps. For mage/leech balancing we try to have a clear progression, where you are rewarded for getting stronger. Much like why shaolin maps were nerfed previously, we don't want to make the best training map for mages, the one that requires the least investment in time and gear.

I hope this better explains the rationale~ We're still keeping a close eye on the map (as well as others), so stay tuned!

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Squiddy

Squiddy Brown Teddy

Oct 9, 2018
    Male
    7:30 AM
    SquidPheel
    Night Lord
    Symphony
    Well said! People who invested billions of mesos to 1 hit petri and skele shouldn't be heartbroken by bunch of 130lvl mages with barely any gear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:30 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Shoalin requires ~1430 magic from bishops and ~1370 magic from ice mages in order to nearly 4hit / 3 hit

(this is also the number of hits you need to consistently clear the mobs before next respawn with speed infusion).

Other than perhaps the fire guardians at temple of time, this is probably the highest TMA requirement to efficiently farm any map.

Main problem with shoalin is that it is also very efficient at lower magic levels, because even though you can't clear spawn, you are still dealing a lot of damage due to being able to simply spam your ult without moving, hence making it very OP exp.

10. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:30 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Woops, I should've been more clear with my phrasing about shaolin. I meant one of the shaolin nerfs (which have to do with exp/hp ratio). The other nerfs, with regards to map layout and mob positioning were done with aims to counter AFK training.