1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Timer\time command for bosses

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OdinSteinGuy, May 10, 2020.

1. OdinSteinGuy

OdinSteinGuy Pink Teddy

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    1:20 PM
    OdinSteinGuy
    I/L Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hi ho :)

would like to suggest adding a timer at the map\a command that shows the time since the last boss was slayed or spawned. I pretty much wasted 2 hours trying to find a live mushmom just for it to not drop the etc item for the quest (thank mushmom -_- ). i think it would make much sense if i knew how much more i need to wait, and will help me decide if i want to camp it or switch somewhere else..

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CleverCookie

CleverCookie King Slime

May 28, 2017
    6:20 AM
    CleverCookie
    Night Lord
    I think if everybody knew when the boss spawns there'd be more campers and people swooping in to steal your kill. There's also an interactive aspect in asking around for boss timers and partying up if you want the etcs.

It also kind of takes some of the fun out of boss hunting imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:05 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Upping the randomizer to +- 20% for quest bosses until sage cat might improve the chance that more people can encounter them. In terms of how people check channels and leave kind of way.

Just a thought.

But, yes. I agree that a timer command would just kill the spirit of area boss hunting. The joy when you see a blue text show is small but not insignificant.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    OdinSteinGuy

OdinSteinGuy Pink Teddy

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    OdinSteinGuy
    I/L Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm sorry, but i don't see the "spirit of boss hunting" in ppl who wait, just wait, for a boss. there are campers no matter what, but if there was a timer maybe they'll go until the boss comes back, and then there's a reason for camping. also - @mapowner?

5. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    4:05 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    The wait is exactly what I’m talking about. That joy when it finally spawns. Or even better, you decide to search for one and bam the blue text pops out.

Timer command kills that.

Also, people will find it much easier to camp multiple channels with multiple characters with the timer command. Making it more difficult for you to kill any boss. And trust me someone will camp all the channels if this timer is added.

6. OP
    OP
    OdinSteinGuy

OdinSteinGuy Pink Teddy

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    OdinSteinGuy
    I/L Mage
    Hogwarts
    they do already though... i went to kill the florina boss yesterday - all channels were packed with ppl who waited...

7. OP
    OP
    OdinSteinGuy

OdinSteinGuy Pink Teddy

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    OdinSteinGuy
    I/L Mage
    Hogwarts
    you don't have to use it if you want to jump happily when you suddenly see the blue text. i find it annoying to wait so long for a boss to not appear