1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleepywood-locked Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daydreamer, Apr 26, 2020.

1. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    7:50 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Looks like I'm really late to the hype, but I'm here! I joined the guild, hope people are actually doing this. I don't wanna grind all alone in the dark crymush
    And I really like the idea of expanding a bit from strictly Sleepywood to dungeon delving in general, in accordance with the progression of the game, although I'm not as familiar with other dungeons and how well suited they are. Killing/raiding the boss of each location seems like a good 'end game' for each area.

I'm adding my own personal 'challenge'- I'm trying to keep the pace of playing half an hour to an hour each day (may make it two on weekends, but we'll see) to keep myself needing to play efficiently.

Anyway, Sleepyshot is about an hour or two away from joining the life of the spelunkers! undeadmushpiratemush
    FoxCrazy

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Blueberry

Blueberry Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    Danix
    Beginner
    Ohh so you are the upcoming badass sleepywood gunslinger I had the honor talking to today in the morning. MapleF11

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Jibz

Jibz Mano

Mar 9, 2019
    Male
    5:50 AM
    Jibs
    Paladin
    Simple
    I'll be on later to join in some sleepy smacking and to join the guild MapleF11

• Like Like x 2
  4. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    12:50 PM
    Crusader
    001 lvl up.png
    Vitruvius has reached level 30!
    002 too bright.png
    003 it begins.png
    Yes he can! With 70 LUK, he somehow has enough accuracy to hit the mushrooms roughly 90% of the time. Not too sure what his hit rate is like for the curse eyes below though... the spawn on one platform was adequate given how long it took to kill one mushroom.
    004 promote.png
    005 promote.png
    006 jump.png

007 back.png

In case you're wondering why I went for a strange STR mage build with LUK instead of DEX, this is what I'm aiming for:

Freeze, smash, freeze, smash. Given my paltry damage, I should be able to avoid getting hit by freezing the mob I'm hitting. It'll come in especially useful for enemies that have magical attacks.

• Great Work Great Work x 12
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    6:50 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    merkymerky
    Yoooooo that Ice STR Mage is cooooooooool :OOOOOO

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GundamMoose

GundamMoose Red Snail

Jun 2, 2017
    Male
    11:50 PM
    Spearman
    Dang, I’ve been following this thread for a while and I’m really inclined to give this challenge a try. Seems like it could be a lot of fun!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. GundamMoose

GundamMoose Red Snail

Jun 2, 2017
    Male
    11:50 PM
    Spearman
    Alright! Gonna do it. Just made the char for it. IGN is SleepyBrian. Let’s see how this goes!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    9:50 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    oh HELL YEAH I am so on board with this
    After brainstorming ~cool~ names I just ended up naming her "digdug" hahaha OnionF2
    Please send a guild invite my way if there is space! Hope to join you all soon SlimeSmile

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Here's some little things from the start of my adventure!
    • spent a bunch of exp coupons trying to get the little pigtails and found this mysterious hair curler hair in the process...it's animated and everything (I've never seen this in my life)
    • went on a slightly treacherous journey to get the sleepy eyes
    • spent some relaxing time doing some above-ground activities
    • met some new players in the tree dungeon and we partied together, I gave them most of my stuff right before I hit 20 SlimeBlush (please come visit meeee lol)
    • I didn't realize that everyone thinks I am a boy, my clothes aren't very cute and my canary and pickaxe cover up my pigtails MapleF12 no time to look cute I'm minin'!!
    • a doodle of what she looks like to me (very much not a boy hahaha)
    [​IMG]
    I can't play a lot because it's hard on my wrist but I am sacrificing my wrist trying my best lol. See you around! :heartbeat:

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    this is so cute! have fun everyone!

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  11. LeeDragon

LeeDragon Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2016
    Male
    LeeDragon
    Dark Knight
    This challenge look interesting. Maybe will join this challenge if have some free time.

• Like Like x 4
  12. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Made my first step into the dungeon, with nothing but a lvl 20 gun and a complete makeover. If people think you're a guy, they might think my character is a girl...
    I will edit later to add screenshots, I was just too excited to wait.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. cobbages

cobbages Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    12:50 AM
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    I love your character! I started with the Miner's cap as well. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    I’d like to share some ideas/questions I have expanding on progression involving deep Ludi, and dead mines etc. So let’s say after you kill zombie MM and jr. balrog or hit lvl 70 you’re allowed to go to deep Ludi. How does would someone progress past deep Ludi? Kill pap? Also is there gach in deep Ludi?

I’m thinking if we can set up rules for progression it would be cool to have 3 guilds all in an alliance and each guild is full of people from each dungeon area. Like sleepy wood, deep Ludi, and dead mines. It would be cool that once you leave an area you get to join the next guild and “rank up” but you can still talk to your friends in the other guilds who haven’t left or have moved on to the next challenge area?

Idk sorry if this post is all over the place I’m kind of out of it and just excited :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    bigbutts
    Oh and I forgot to mention I want to join sleepywood guild! My ign is qoop I’m a lvl 20 Bowman! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  16. cloudy9

cloudy9 Slime

May 12, 2018
    Male
    cloudy99
    Beginner

imsleeping was once an optimistic, innocent adventurer who was committed to restoring peace to Sleepywood. He understood that the ultimate goal was to slay the Jr. Balrog, but he was also one to enjoy the process. Examples such as exploring the depths of the tunnels and caves, relaxing in the hot saunas while chatting away with Mr. Sweatbottom, and most importantly, bonding and growing with other Sleepywood adventurers.

The first few weeks in Sleepywood were novel and exciting, but things came to a turn when imsleeping realized the harsh reality of his situation. That at the rate he was training, he may never become strong enough to slay the Jr. Balrog in his lifetime. imsleeping became obsessed with obtaining power and would train unrelentingly to the point where his fellow adventurers began describing him as psychopathic. imsleeping's goal was still set on killing the Jr. Balrog, but his reason was now for his own selfish fulfillment.

I have spotted imsleeping in passing, but he was nearly unrecognizable from his former self.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. LeeDragon

LeeDragon Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2016
    Male
    LeeDragon
    Dark Knight
    TheAxeHero are ready for the challenge.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    You jump, I jump, everybody jump

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. OdinSteinGuy

OdinSteinGuy Pink Teddy

Apr 16, 2020
    Male
    OdinSteinGuy
    I/L Mage
    Hogwarts
    What is the most common class in the challenge?

20. cloudy9

cloudy9 Slime

May 12, 2018
    Male
    cloudy99
    Beginner

a few members havent joined the guild yet though, but warriors and pirates are the most popular

• Like Like x 1