1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Client Mod] Soft -> hard keyboard PIN keybind

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mii, May 22, 2020.

1. Mii

Mii Mixed Golem

Sep 21, 2018
    MapleLegends
    8:20 AM
    LilMi / miii
    Bowmaster
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Hey!

This is probably already requested somewhere but I couldn't find it.
    (mby I just searched badly?)

My suggestion is a client mod that i've seen on other private servers, where the PIN soft keyboard works with the physical keyboard aswell - not only with the mouse.

The reason is pretty obvious, its really frustrating to click around the horrible attempt at a security measure by neckson which is the PIN soft keybord. Please just let us use our physical keyboard for this!

I suspect this would be rather easy to implement too.

Thanks for reading and thanks staff for an awesome server! =)

Cheers,

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    While I see the QOL of this as well, the whole purpose of it being with mouse only is so keyloggers do not log the PIN you have, so if we change it to support the keyboard it softens the protection of the feature.

I think with the PIN already only appearing when you log in from a new IP it's not that big of a deal.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. OP
    OP
    Mii

Mii Mixed Golem

Sep 21, 2018
    MapleLegends
    LilMi / miii
    Bowmaster
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Yes, I understand the security aspect of it too.
    Would it instead be possible to switch the soft keyboard feature to a stronger security feature, like for example 2FA?
    The soft keyboard could then be bound to the physical one and the numbers would be switched out to a random sequence delivered by mail or 2FA app.

Also I feel like if you have a keylogger installed on ur machine, your entire system is compromised anyway not just the mushroom game ;)