1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice My current state and mood for MapleStory (Post from 2019)

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, May 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayashiro

Ayashiro Orange Mushroom

Dec 23, 2017
    10:09 AM
    I feel that ML is a great server. This is the 1st and only Maplestory private server I played.
    In fact, I chose this server after coming to the forum and read one of Kimmy's post explaining why this server is this way.
    I also feel that the low rates makes it more fruitful for training and levelling up, as other high rates servers are all about overpowered gears and reaching lv200 is just in a blink of an eye.
    The 3x for quests is also something I like, even 4x would be okay as it encourages people to do quests.
    (Suggestion: Some quests are hard but the exp is low, would be good if exp for those quests can be raised.)
    Another thing is PQ. This is a server that has managed to keep PQ going through modifying the experience and rewards. Really appreciated that as I feel that PQ is one way to keep the community interactive. Please continue to improve the exp or rewards so that all the PQs can be kept active instead of people keep buying leech.
    Lastly, I want to say that although many people prefer high rates so that they can reach end game content quickly to get the skills and do bossing, there are also people like me who enjoys low rates, the nostalgic taste, the community interaction and the feeling of achievement of every level up.

2. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    10:09 AM
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    I don't know how you do it Kimmy, But i know juggling between your actual daily life as well as running this server can be really tiring. Even for me a days of work and coming back to not being able to enjoy a nice casual play of maple legends would really kill me. Your server somehow kind of saved me from my endless nights of playing League of Legends , Csgo , just any kind of moba or pvp games because i was always on a losing streak and always played on until a win.(Yeahh it was stupid but we all did it at one point right?/ or maybe just me then okay). But ever since i found your Legends server i have been playing on it and actually enjoying it, at first it somehow worked as a stress reliever for me from my usual games, but now it has turned to be one of the games that i just sort of on the moment i get back from work and can't wait to play it. I know i do not offer any sort of solutions or good positive feedback, but i just wanna say i really appreciate your efforts in running this server and trying to keep it alive as best as you can. Some of the words i say here might be self-centered(I don't know because i sometimes am just selfish), but i really hope in my deepest of heart that this server will continue to run for a long period of time <3
    I do not want Legends to die because that would really put another dent in my heart and be added to that long list of things i invested my time into and just died. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zilch

Zilch Mano

Jan 29, 2015
    Male
    8:09 PM
    I'm not crying, you're crying.

[​IMG]

Read the whole thing. Knowing you for 10+ years, you've grown a lot in that amount of time – I have, too. Do what you need to do, Kim. I don't know many others with as much determination as you.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. Shey

Shey Red Snail

Aug 7, 2019
    Female
    9:09 PM
    shey
    Beginner
    Hey Kim, I was in the 1% who read all, you put lots of effort in everything and I admire that, when you're burnt out...just take your breaks, don't worry. Also I love Gunbound TH, I hope it grows in community to make it fun to play as before. It hasn't been the same in regards of the amount of interest in users, I think mostly everyone wants some events or rare avatars or free cash or gold to be motivated but it could also kill the game if in excess, idek ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you're a good community manager and that's what matters lol, hey btw do you know python 3? And it's impressive how Phnx created the emulator from scratch. I kinda would like to get in touch with him, idk where. When you see him...maybe tell him, I say Hi lol anyway, good post Kim, don't stress... Take it easy and take your breaks when you need them. I like how hard you work on things :) , well we'll see what happens with gb in the future. I feel nostalgic of it. See you soon Kim !! X O X O

5. Shey

Shey Red Snail

Aug 7, 2019
    Female
    shey
    Beginner
    Btw kimmy, ik you said you don't code and don't like it, but just casually wanted to ask lol xD

6. ddiski

ddiski Slime

Mar 10, 2020
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:09 AM
    Ddiski
    Hero
    Perion
    Hey Kimmy

I really enjoy the server!
    Do whatever you feel like is right.
    I dont mind you taking risks.
    People are always gonna be upset with change. But i feel like we need to keep evolving to keep the server from going stale.

Much love for what you do <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DeadSilence

DeadSilence Snail

May 22, 2020
    Female
    Swyft
    Bandit
    Turtles
    As a new player to the server, I’d like to note that you’ve done a great job with it. It feels very well balanced in terms of experience gain and item drops. I especially like how quests give you better exp rewards to push you to want to do them and helps you get into the lore of the game better. I began playing MapleStory shortly after Ludi dropped on the official servers, and I’ve tried playing the new version of Maple. I hate it. I can’t explain why, but I do. This server has been very nostalgic for me, and I love the tweaks that make it even more enjoyable to play. Please, keep on doing what you do best! Much love!

8. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    10:09 PM
    bigbutts
    Thank you for everything you do <3

9. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:09 AM
    Moderator Post
    I am going close this thread because it's from last year and it opens up with mentioning the anniversary. I may write another soon, but funny enough I am again having feelings here and there.

I really appreciate the support though

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.