1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Revert the increased NT mob drop rates, at least in NTPQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blu301, May 29, 2020.

1. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    11:04 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I feel like this really needs to be said before the Neo Tokyo crafting market becomes a joke. Maybe it's already too late, I saw Sigma Plants up for under 20 mil today, whereas the market rate was floating around 40 mil before the drop rate buff.

upload_2020-5-29_17-26-30.png

The crashing market rate is due to how frequently Sigma Plants and Saint Stones are dropping from NTPQ at the moment. Most 16x+ cleavers (and even non-cleavers) have figured out that running NTPQ is not only great for coins, but the drop rate for the crafting materials is currently unbelievable. NTPQ is 20 full minutes of auto-aggro mobs, all of which drop Sigma Plants and Saint Stones to craft NT items with.

In just 6 total NTPQ runs done in the last few days (2 runs possible per day), I've gotten 3 Sigma Plants and 3 Saint Stones. Today I literally got 2 of both items within 2 runs. This is a small sample size of course but I've heard many people talk about the high volume of drops they're getting as well. Shads are solid to clear NTPQ with but we're definitely not the top class either, so I'm sure people have gotten even crazier drop rates.

upload_2020-5-29_17-17-2.png

This is anecdotal with no evidence, but I've been running NTPQ for quite a while, and I'd say that before this recent drop rate buff I averaged like maaaaybe 1 Sigma Plant and 1 Saint Stone in a week, maybe 10 days if running very frequently. I would've run for exp/coins anyways, but I'd usually get a Sigma Plant and Saint Stone from NTPQ in the time it took to save up the coins to craft so it balanced very nicely. Prior to the increased drop rate, the crafting material market also seemed to be very stable because the supply was much more limited.

In my opinion, it shouldn't be so cheap to craft the best weapons in the game (unless there's something better coming soon :pinkbean:). Obviously the coins are what holds up crafting since you need 4500 total to make a weapon (for reference, if I'm running 2 NTPQ daily and clearing both, I average just about 450 coins - a craft every 10 days), but the crafting materials are gonna be completely worthless soon because everyone who runs NTPQ somewhat regularly is gonna have dozens of plants/stones and no coins to craft them with.

The other maps/mobs that drop crafting materials to make weapons aside from NTPQ, Akhibara Rooftop and Tokyo Skies, are generally not considered grind-friendly maps (big and spaced out, non-auto-aggro mobs), so perhaps increased drop rates there make more sense. I also think it would be a bad look to make the NTPQ mobs not auto-aggro because it's truly a solid option for 16x+ folks to get exp and coins.

Maybe the drop rate shouldn't be as low as it was pre-buff, as the population of Maple Legends has grown considerably and there's a high volume of people running NT and looking to craft or buy NT items, but it just feels like the current drop rate is way high.

upload_2020-5-29_17-29-36.png
    S>

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Alternatively buff the coin rate somehow so people can actually use materials instead of flooding the fm. Don’t really personally care which way this goes but right now it’s a pretty unbalanced mess imo.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    I personally think there shouldn't be a high volume of Neo Tokyo weapons floating around, but maybe a modest buff to the coins you get from the bosses would be reasonable (like +20-30% coins from bosses maybe?). I'm just eyeballing it but it really shouldn't be too easy either. NT items are literally the best in slot items in the game, if people can craft whenever they want what's the point

edit: i forgot multiclienting was still a go for NT, yeah nevermind on boss coin buff

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    9:04 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    before: pls buff neo tokyo
    after: w-wait neo tokyo is ruined pls nerf it again!

when will this madness end...
    OnionSilent

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    We asked to buff the bosses, not NTPQ lol. NTPQ was already good enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Agreed with Regal. Buffing mob drops was a bad decision for 2 reasons. First is that NTPQ was already the best content in NT and buffing mob drops just makes it even better. Second is that for me coins was the bottleneck not materials. When I used to farm NT I always had enough materials to craft but had to farm more for coins. I don’t farm NT anymore but from the sound of it that problem is even worse now where you’ll likely have a huge surplus of materials compared to your coins.

7. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Welcome to our lives but multiply this by 50

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    5:04 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Overnight crafting ETCs went down so badly in example Sigmas used to sell at 35m yesterday whereas lowest in FM today has been spotted at 17m and that's the madness you sought.
    I'll cite a friend and just compare current state (over buffed regional mobs over same region bosses) to as getting your grand thropy outta hunting Cornians rather than behaeding 3 headed horny dragon.
    How does encouraging group play made by simply benefiting solo play?
    I can't see any point of running NT bosses (again, these require mostly 3-4 experienced people party and should be addressed accordingly in terms of drops/exp/whatever).
    But again, what does this reply even worth? We'd get another wave of NT MOBS buff instead of desired and well adequate BOSSES' drop/exp buff anyways.

9. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    8:04 AM
    Cookiee
    Hero
    buff scroll drops and crafting materials from NT bosses =/= buff NTPQ mob materials drops

10. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    The drops could probably stay, but only if the number of coins received coincide with the number of crafting materials entering the game. People can only craft so much currently, and given the chance I think people would craft more.

The most gated thing becomes the most valuable thing. Before the buff, there seemed to be slightly more coins entering the game than there were crafting materials, so in the end coins weren't seen with as much value as the materials were. With the buff, the opposite is likely to become true, with there being more materials than there are crafting materials to go with them.

In Old-school Runescape it happened with some boots. There were 3 casual, cheap pairs of boots, one for mages, ranged, and melee. A new boss introduced a material to upgrade the boots, only the supply of the original ranged boots was lower, so in the end the upgrade material for the melee and mage boots were expensive, while the material for the ranged boots was significantly less, and instead the original ranging boots used for upgrading skyrocketed in price.

If people could craft more NT weapons, they probably would, but it's quite a long process. The buff to material drops didn't actually make it any faster to craft anything - everything is still gated behind coins - so prices dropping is inevitable in this situation, and they will reach the floor unless something is changed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    What madness are you talking about? A ton of people who go through Neo Tokyo everyday have consistently told you boss drops are straight up garbage and they need to be buffed, yet the GMs are deaf to the feedback and decide to buff monster drop rates?? It's as if you think instead of Horntail dropping books, why not just let dark cornians or wyverns drop books? That seems like such a great idea. This is the exact equivalent at the moment where the monsters have better drop rates and can be consistently farmed whenever you are free than the much harder bosses that can only be done twice a day.

There needs to be a higher standard on the balance team where they actually go through the content themselves, how is it possible that the GMs are balancing content they don't even participate regularly in?? You act like you are a victim and getting bullied by the community yet there is overwhelming player data who consistently go through Neo Tokyo everyday that tell you Neo Tokyo drops are ass.

• Agree Agree x 26
  12. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    I have never agreed with anything more in my life

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    3:04 PM
    Don't want to be that person but I'm pretty sure he's talking about things in general rather than just NT. Anytime something's changed/buffed/nerfed someone always wants a revert regardless of what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    The problem with any changes on the server is that they are one sided in which GMs think they know better and just implement them and it is up to the community to react to them. I have never seen GMs propose changes in a post and discuss with the community before implementation, instead they just put them out there without any transparency and let the players figure out how to adapt. What I feel is forgotten on this server is that this is fundamentally an old school Maplestory private server with a community of less than 3,000 players who came for nostalgic purposes trying to have fun. There should be better communication between players and GMs on the direction of the game.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 6
  15. OP
    OP
    Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    LiquidOozeLiquidOoze well damn start with your second message next time

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. wanpi12456

wanpi12456 Timer

May 19, 2019
    Male
    Taiwan
    11:04 PM
    PrEP
    Paladin
    Beaters
    why i only get 1 stone in 4 NTPQ
    0 sigma / 1 stone
    :rip:

17. KyokoKiri

KyokoKiri Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    11:04 PM
    KyokoKiri
    Night Lord
    same here.

18. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    8:49 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I did a short test. Grinding at map 1 yields 10 coins/min while hunting eruwaters yields about 6 coins per minute.
    Verga is the best amongst the bosses with about 18mins for my pt to clear for 100 coins at almost 5.5555 coins per minute.
    I haven’t tested NTPQ yet. But it’s not that great for coins. If you solo, it’s fine but I don’t expect it to be as fast as farming in the first map. If you duo, you gotta split the coins somehow.

If we farm the first map, it will take 7.5 hours of grinding to craft a weapon which IMO is reasonable given that most of the time the weapon is not perfect and really difficult to sell.
    Many of us also bring mules into bosses and that should help speed up grinding of coins.

I don’t believe a buff in the coins received for clearing bosses is necessary because it can be OP due to mules also receiving coins.
    Im fine with the crafting being gated by coins or the crafting materials. The reason why there is an influx of crafted NT weapons is because we had too much coins back then. Now we can actually use those coins and it’s fine because those coins aren’t easy to come by.

So the issue at the moment is that there is way too much Crafting Materials(losing value rapidly) which makes bosses more irrelevant because their drop rate for MTK bullets and NT weapons are miserable.

We need to incentivize NT bosses beyond just exp and coins. I think the suggestion made in a previous thread about the bosses dropping more scrolls and non-NT equips is a great start.

Edit: NTPQ yields 9 coins / min with a DrK and Shad duo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:04 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  20. OP
    OP
    Blu301