1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster Book Jewel requirement increase

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lmiIIiterate, Jun 11, 2020.

1. lmiIIiterate

lmiIIiterate Red Snail

Jun 2, 2020
    10:13 PM
    lmiIIiterate
    Bishop
    SOLDIER
    Hi,

What always got me curious was the fact that a single jewel is required for lvling the monster ring, but only 1! The arduous task of farming/hunting books continues to be a fun challenge with an awesome stat ring as a reward, however, its "final boss" is a single worthless jewel, type depending on lvl of the ring you wish to upgrade.

Lvl 1: 1 Garnet, Lvl 2: 1 Amethyst, Lvl3: 1 Aquamarine, Lvl 4: 1 Emerald, Lvl 5: 1 Opal, etc.

I'd like to suggested increasing this requirement to something more challenging, perhaps 10 or 20 of the refined jewels, or whatever higher value you see fit.

This change would also in turn finally create a market for these relatively invaluable/worthless ores/jewels that have no real function otherwise!

Would love to hear what people think about this suggestion.

• Disagree Disagree x 10
  2. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    8:13 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
  3. OP
    OP
    lmiIIiterate

lmiIIiterate Red Snail

Jun 2, 2020
    10:13 PM
    lmiIIiterate
    Bishop
    SOLDIER
    Perhaps you can deduce that a single jewel is way too easy? There are so many ores out there that are essentially worthless right now. It's an endgame ring with a requirement of 10k value of ores. Right not its just a nuisance rather than any form of monetary investment.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Wigglytuff

Wigglytuff Orange Mushroom

Mar 28, 2020
    1:13 AM
    Adding ore requirements doesn’t make it “more challenging”, it makes it more tedious. You say that right now one ore is a nuisance, how does adding more help that? Your investment is the time you spend card hunting and the ore is just for show

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Eminence

Eminence Mushmom

Dec 15, 2017
    Male
    1:13 PM
    Eminence/Afterglow
    Bishop
    Pacifists
    I get the point you're trying to make which is that upgrading the monster book ring is too easy. However, I don't see how increasing the count of refined jewels is going to solve the issue.

1) People are just going to owl for the ores and buy them anyway which doesn't make the task difficult
    2) Also I don't think you know how many ores are npc-ed on a daily basis lol. Players are just going to store and sell them at the FM if the prices ever increase by a large amount
    3) You're prolly gonna get a ton of ores while farming the monster book ring... so if you don't npc them, how does that add to the challenge?

6. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    6:13 AM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I kinda understand your point, not about the ring upgrade itself but that ores actually don't get the use they could/should have in this game.
    Most of them feel rather useless of an item. I'm not sure what Wizet first had in mind about it.

7. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    1:13 AM
    I can agree that we could use more things which use ores other than the rare quest but this is not the way to do it. Getting 30 sets is the challenge for upgrading your ring, the jewel is just a formality to make each upgrade a quest.

8. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    2:13 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Add maker skill to make all those ores useful :) :pepega:

• Agree Agree x 1