1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ability to mute some/all Smegas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Log, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    6:03 AM
    Corsair
    Hi,

I'd like to be able to mute (super)megaphones for the duration of my logged in session. Unfortunately, there are a plethora of adolescent minded adults on this server who constantly smega things no one really wants to read. I think this feature would increase teamwork and collaboration, such as in bosses, where communication is critical and where a third-party voice chat can't be utilized.

Apologies if this has been suggested before; couldn't find it if it was.

• Agree Agree x 27
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mantouks

mantouks Slime

Oct 10, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    6:03 PM
    debs|derps|soleus
    Bishop
    SweetDream
    Not sure if I'm misunderstanding this, but voice chat on discord is allowed and often utilized.

3. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I also wouldn’t mind removing the animation on top right from some smegas because I get lag spikes anytime one is used.

• Agree Agree x 14
  4. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    3:03 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I just want to be able to hide the top right visual smegas, not the chat messages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    Corsair
    Some Maplers may not be able to utilize Discord for various reasons; no mic, sound restrictions or disturbances, etc.

Sorry, what are you showing me? I saw you also disagree with the post, care to explain your disagreement?

6. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    +1, especially visual smega.

We already have the ability to disable *most* chat, why can we not disable megaphones?
    The only smegas i am even remotely interested in is item smegas to see what people are showing. Other than that it seems like just kids looking for attention and constantly spamming.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:03 PM
    Moderator Post
    Visual SMEGA was already approved (for the graphic in the top right itself) but it must be implemented with client hacks. No ETA for now. No comment on the rest, but I personally do not like muting smegas because that kinda defeats the purpose of smegas.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    Corsair
    ? If Visual Smega was already approved, will the visual smega be removed from the cash shop, since it no longer has a purpose?

9. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    Why can I mute whispers, guild chat, buddy chat, trade requests, party invite, alliance chat, etc.
    This does not "defeat the purpose" of a whisper functionality, some people just choose to disable it at certain times.

Similar with smega, some people might not want this to be the chat log while they play
    https://imgur.com/NLjbYyc
    [​IMG]

10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No, because it will be an OPTION for someone to disable it, not completely disabled. Also, the message in the chat will remain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    Corsair
    Right, an option. My suggestion of muting smegas would be an option, just as muting whispers, buddy chat (and individual buddies), chat invites, trade requests, party invites, guild chat, guild invites, alliance chat, and alliance invites. Apologies if that wasn't clear when I lead off with:
    In other words, this would be even MORE optional since it would re-enable itself when re-logging, which the other chat options DO NOT DO.

12. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    There are already plenty of single-player games out there.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. OP
    OP
    Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    Corsair
    What does this comment have to do with the conversation being had? In my original post, I call out in game chat during bossing as being crucial. A.K.A. chatting with OTHERS A.K.A. multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Xaple

Xaple King Slime

May 14, 2020
    What a fucking stupid and useless comment, is this how suggestions are typically handled?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. aschtraismew

aschtraismew Snail

Jun 16, 2020
    Female
    aschtra aka mew
    Camper
    Demure
    Smegas are meant to contact everyone in the server and honestly it's mostly a good thing for a community. If they are being spammed then a price increase should be looked at instead. I believe people that spam smegas are smega muted anyway.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Log

Log Orange Mushroom

Dec 11, 2018
    Corsair
    Maybe this wasn't clear in my original post but I'm suggesting the OPTION for a player to temporarily mute megaphones, NOT disable them for the entire server. Additionally, if the player mutes megaphones and logs out, on next login, they should automatically RE-ENABLED. In other words, megaphones are ENABLED unless explicitly TEMPORARILY muted by the player.

EDIT: Shit, it can even be a fucking timed disable. To spell it out for you all, for instance, if the player types @mutemegaphones, it will only mute megaphones for the specified duration, with a maximum of 20/30/whatever minutes, just to ensure that the 30 important smegas of "S> LEECH 2HIT SKELE@@@@@" and "I@HAVE@A@BIG@GLOCK####" make it through to everyone that is on the edge of their seats waiting to read those.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Semi-related: it would be cool for smegas to be blocked for people I have blacklisted :) there are some excessive smega-ers and people who smega toxic stuff

• Agree Agree x 15
  18. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    I would love a temporary mute smegas function, but I would be happy with just this. I'm sorry, but there are some people around lately that are just insanely annoying to the point where I don't even use any of my chats at all because my conversation is full of interjections of smega garbage. It would be a different story if Maple had a function to view different chat tabs (ie. All/Friends/Party etc.).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Blacklists are 100% client sided, meaning we don't know who is blacklisted nor can do anything about them.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Discord has the option to mute, only receive @mentions, you don't even need a mic if you don't have one. I use discord and sometimes use my mic. Just set up the settings how you want them to be.

People are just lazy when it comes to discord, no flame though do whatever you want, but don't push other people away from using discord with what you were saying. It isn't helping anyone in the long run.
    Kind Regards.

• Disagree Disagree x 3