1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information MapleLegends roadmap #2

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:49 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hey,

The last time we created one of these it seems users appreciated very much that there was some transparency. So here, we've created another. Please do note this does not include everything we are working on since there are many times we work on things that are not concluded yet. Do note these are not in order of completion.

- A complete overhaul of character storing

As some may have noticed the past month, specific issues towards the server can cause major headaches and problems. We are currently re-writing major parts of the code especially handling that, in hope to battle that, and improve a lot of more. We've already implemented a few bandaid fixes to heavily reduce the impact, but the long road towards fixing it is completely re-writing the way characters are loaded and saved, which is currently in progress. This is completely behind the scene, so you as the user will likely not notice any difference. It's just one of the many examples when we need to work on something for a bit that has absolutely no difference for you as the user, unfortunately.

- Complete re-code of the Engagement and Wedding system

Another project has been worked on by one of the devs is the complete re-coding of the Engagement and Wedding system.

As some may agree, weddings are one of our more underappreciated contents in MapleLegends. Rings bug out during weddings, many features are missing, and it's overall underwhelming, while weddings are to some people very important, since we all care and love deeply about our love, and definitely not that mule account that needs to marry for APQ.

Our goal with this re-code is to make it 100% identical as GMS, including all the proper packets, features, and behaviour.

Here's, for example, a screenshot of the Wish List feature, who people likely haven't seen working in many servers. Click here and here for a preview.

One downside is that Neckson seems to *really* love to hardcode everything by gender, which makes supporting same-gender marriage a challenge. Not impossible, but a challenge. Just let it be known we are trying our very best keeping the same-gender marriage intact as smooth as possible.

- Tweaks and improvements on all mob skill timers to be more GMS-like

One of the other things that have been brought up in MapleLegends is how skill timers are not GMS-like compared to a few other servers. This makes example Horntail easier in certain situations, and different overall.

We are currently overhauling the system and re-coding a few other things with the goal to make it GMS-like, and similar to other servers that got it properly coded. This will very likely make Horntail, for example, harder, but also more authentic and challenging. We'll also observe other things we may have to change when this gets implemented, such as giving Horntail a longer timer again. This is currently being tested in our test servers and will have an experimental version in the live servers as well. Be prepared.

- Pink Bean

Pink Bean is complete - and has been for a bit. Essentially the boss itself is completely working, where a few things need final polish. I, for example, haven't looked too much into the map yet in higher resolutions, which I believe need it's tweaking as well.

One of the reasons it's currently delayed is also because of the mob skill changes above. To us, it makes more sense fixing this first before releasing Pink Bean, because else some may have an easier time with the boss where very shortly after people will have a much harder time. Pink Bean is definitely a major boss and challenge, and it's very questionable if MapleLegends' user base will ever defeat him. However, we will actively observe runs being done when the time comes, and see if we need to tweak the boss in someways (the strict 1-hour timer for example...)

- Conclusion

Sometimes it's easy to judge from the outside that not much is happening behind the scene. Example, if you see no update notices you may think 'wow they are doing nothing!'. However, the truth is that many changes happen behind the scene at all times, and sometimes we need code something that has absolutely no direct effect on you, such as code improvements, overhauling crappy systems, or performance improvements. Even fixing things like the possible reasoning of our deadlock last week takes times, and during these periods you find more things that need tweaks and thus improve more.

On top of that, we are also still working hard on the character issues, which without doubt were a huge reason why we started work on improving the storing of the characters, so this can be prevented in the future.

We thank you for the support and keep supporting us even through the harder times.

~ MapleLegends Staff & Administration

• Like Like x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  2. jammy

jammy Red Snail

Apr 6, 2017
    Female
    3:49 PM
    Jammy
    Spearman
    Eternal
    pog

• Like Like x 1
  3. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    8:49 AM
    I've never done PB before; however, will PB require any player skill aspect (dodging, avoiding 1/1, sed, or dispels) or does it favor older players who have HP washed and perf weapons, 21 att wgs, 12 att capes (where they can just stand and hold down 1 button)?

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    12:49 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    I like this explanation. i feel more in touch.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Currypan

Currypan Blue Snail

May 24, 2020
    Male
    Thanks for the timeline!

In a lot of communities I've seen, these are really nice ways for players to get involved and see what the dev team is working on. I think it's almost always a positive, since people (well, the ones speaking up) tend to assume the worst when there's no communication.

I also appreciate the math behind balance changes AND the discussion/pushback from the community. Totally fine with balance changes hitting live because beta testing with a relatively small community is really hard... but that's also because I'm new and not at the point where bossing/DPM matters.

6. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    5:49 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    If you aim to release PB with corresponding droprates of current Neo Tokyo Bosses, hear my advice and better not release it.
    It will save you the headache and time and will save us from non based release hype.
    Thanks.
    Also thanks for shadow nerfing NTPQ; Dida never been any slimmer.
    If you talk about "capabilities" to slay PB and supporting the odds, the parallel content of NT should be more approachable.
    And for the matter discussed, it's nice to finally have listed upcoming content going to be implemented in this beloved server (and I devoted over 2.5 years for it) and feels like a step in the right direction for both sides to keep up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    11:49 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    plz make pink bean 1 shot night lord mains

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Funny Funny x 6
  8. eliayo

eliayo Blue Snail

Jul 31, 2017
    Male
    EliaYo
    Bandit
    Horny
    im happy if i ever manage to kill mushmom

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:49 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  10. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    12:49 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Will it deal 19k dmg? Nerf it plox :0

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Great write-up and the changes are very welcome!

Are the team considering the difficulties with the high damage output of Pink Bean? Most classes simply cant survive PB without a huge amount of HP washing.

That also begs another question, is the team working on a broader solution to remove HP washing or leviate the difficulties many face with HP washing, specifically the long saving up time and the need for funding for INT equips and such? This in an issue most of the playerbase deals with on a daily basis, so it would be nice to know were the staff stands in this regard. A specific thread comes to mind where 96% of the forum users support the idea on an item that would give better surviveability.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    I think the staff has already taken steps to address this issue. If you look at the current event items, you can get +100 HP from the glasses and +100 HP from the ring. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I dont think previous events offered items with the HP bonus. In addition, you can get +1000 hp from monster book ring, +300 from blackfist cape (obtainable through event as well), +300 hp from MoN, and decent HP from pet equips.

The long saving up time and the need for funding INT equips enhances QoL, but it is a personal choice. If you take a look at AkashSky's post and Selquin's post, it shows that players can indeed survive HT (currently the end game meta I guess) with limited to no washing. However, they will need a DK friend to constantly HB them.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    But I’m not prepared :(

F7E1D0E8-4473-4AB8-952E-B591B80B71AD.jpeg

14. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    How do you have 5 deaths from leech life?

15. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I dont mean to take away from your post and I agree that the teams efforts with the HP items is great, its just not enough yet.
    If you look at AkashSky's post then I makes it clear that you only get ready for HT at lvl 200 as a ranged character, which seems a bit late to me... It really depends on what you are trying to argue. Sure you could say HP washing is a personal choice, but is it really a choice if you only get to HT at lvl 200 if you dont HP wash?
    Also the recent event items are great.. well, except that they expire..

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    A healthy debate is always good for the community. His second chart shows the class's HP if equipped with his recommended items (excluding the event items). At level 160 thieves/archers - 5.936k hp, gunslinger - 6.313k hp and with HB it will be 9.497k and 10.1k hp, respectively. If equipped with the items and HB, an unwashed player will able to survive a boosted leg attack from HT (the maximum damage HT can do).

Edit: Everything i'm saying applies to current content. I'm not sure if this will be applicable when PB comes out.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I think your math is a little off, or it might just be me?
    A lvl 160 thief/archer with best in slot HP equips would have about 5.936k hp as you say. -and 3.936k HP without equips.
    With HB and best in slot HP equips that would be 9497.6k HP (5.936*1,6).
    A boosted HT leg has a max output of about 13.6k acording to Akash. How do you survive that?

I'm sorry we went a bit offtopic.

18. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    My apologies for derailing the topic as well :(. Last comment from me I swear. The 13.6k is a reference to touch dmg. Max magic damage is 9.7k I think.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    9:49 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    13.6k is touch damage, which you should not be taking unless you severely mess up. The magic damage from leg+tail is around 9.5k, which can be avoided, although the strategy to do so is not always ideal. The discussion shouldn't even be centered around 0 washing characters, but rather light washed characters. It is completely insane to do 0 washing on this server.

20. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    One last counter argument :D
    So Alright, you make a good point about boosted leg. But how about straight up arms damage when you cant manage to have HB at all times. You have less than 7k HP so any time HB dissapears your left for dead? It would seem to me that an unwashed character would have a pretty bad experience trying to stay alive unless the DK is on point.

• Agree Agree x 2