1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bun's Commissions [Closed]

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by Bunnie, Jun 22, 2020.

1. BloooM

BloooM Red Snail

Dec 15, 2017
    Male
    12:55 PM
    BloooM
    Pirate
    Yo my friend @fartsy wants a commission of his char, just look him up on rankings he said up to your artistic interpretation

2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    1:55 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    With all due respect to the artist, im taking off the request because it didn't match my requirements.
    It's none of your problems, and I wish you reach the same point in a serious matter where people sell u service and don't meet ur requirements and ask for full payments :]

I did duey half (5m) for the work, even though im not using it

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. BloooM

BloooM Red Snail

Dec 15, 2017
    Male
    BloooM
    Pirate
    lmao dude if i tell someone to spend 3-4 hours of their life for anything i'd pay up. You really think your times worth more than anyone else's? You really gonna tell me you can't make 10 mil in 3-4 hours when it looks like you're 120+? She's literally trying to compromise to get to a piece that you're happy with and you're trying to flake.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChoosingBeggars/

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    didn't read, didn't care (;
    have fun making drama with urself

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    Third party perspective here, I don't draw or buy art. I also don't know the artist.

Her drawing of you appears to be similar in style to her sample drawings that she posted. Assuming you looked at her samples prior to committing, I think it's unfair for you to say her drawing of you doesn't match your requirements, when you committed to her style and saw her samples prior to purchasing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Fair statement, thanks for not making a negative comment!
    True, I always do full payments even if I don't like the work, but its not like I didn't liked it.
    If it was just that it doesn't look like my character I would say ok but its not just that, it didn't match what I was asking for i.e. I asked for a smirking emote while the art one had a wide-open mouth smiling, and the back-hair part was completely removed where I asked for only a part of it.
    I don't wanna further disrespect or harm the artist's business so I'll stop here.

Let's aid to the community and not further talk about it and make drama over nothing like the dude I blocked earlier.
    I paid her half for the work, even though im not using it for anything which is fair imo

7. klaare

klaare Horny Mushroom

May 17, 2018
    Female
    3:55 AM
    Artemys/klaare
    Bowmaster
    Promise
    omg it's so cute, i'd like to have one pls!

IGN: Artemys
    Photo of character:
    [​IMG]
    Pose / Expression / Other info: something like this, i really like this expression that you did! Pouting/tsundere style :heartbeat:
    upload_2020-6-28_18-5-59.png
    Additional reference photos (optional): -

If you accept my request i'll duey you!
    feel free to contact me on discord at clare#7777 if you need more reference images, tysm OnionSpark

Attached Files:

8. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    4:55 AM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I'd just like to bring this up.

The basis of scamming rests on an agreement between two players, the Maple equivalent of a contract. So what do you need for a contract? 1) Intention to be legally bound, 2) Offer, 3) Acceptance, 4) Consideration (which translates best to transfer of some kind of good).

An art commission has all the necessary components. So what are the conditions that are being offered by the OP? That she will draw you. There is no obligation for what you request to be 100% incorporated. She says please post any additional information, but no where does it say she 100% has to. Sometimes, some artists can't manage certain things, and other times it's artistic liberty.

Let's step back and assume what happened DOES goes against the agreement. No one mentioned what is enough to "void" the contract, and not to mention what will happen once the contract is voided. Does someone have to pay damages? Does the price of commission get reduced? Does the buyer not have to pay anything at all? None of this was agreed upon, so to just unilaterally decide doesn't seem to be fair. I would suggest that both sides come together and talk properly (in DMs) about how to best handle this situation. Just pulling out or paying only 50% price doesn't seem to be the right way to resolve this.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Chatting in dms rn

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:55 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    upload_2020-6-28_15-29-27.png
    --I'll duey once you accept :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. likey

likey Timer

Jan 12, 2018
    Latch
    Bowmaster
    Perion
    as an artist, commissions take so much of our time. if it doesn't reach our client's standard, we will adjust to their liking until they're satisfied. no one backs out halfway just because they don't like the results. YOU asked her to draw you because her style of art appealed to you. you could've easily just asked her to change the things you wanted her to.

what you showed was unprofessional and showed NO RESPECT to the artist. i'm sorry that i ramble too much its just that some people really don't know how long it takes to complete a piece. look, even if you don't like it, the time has been spent on your commission. either you make a new deal with the artist or you just pay up.

"even though I'm not using it for anything which is fair" sounds incredibly degrading and making the artist question her worth.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Bunnie

Bunnie Slime

Mar 6, 2020
    MissBunnie
    Priest
    I just wanted to share that Niv DM'd me and did send me the full amount owed. This was a few days ago, but thought I'd post an update.

Thanks to folks who commented and shared their thoughts. :heart: I'm ready to move on from this SlimeGrin

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Bunnie

Bunnie Slime

Mar 6, 2020
    MissBunnie
    Priest
    Let me know if you need a version without the bears / square / uncropped!
    Edit: reuploaded and fixed bears bc they were bothering me
    fredaaaaa aka bada V2.png

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Bunnie

Bunnie Slime

Mar 6, 2020
    MissBunnie
    Priest
    Hope you like it! Let me know if you need any edits!
    Eminence.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. fredaaaaa

fredaaaaa Brown Teddy

Jun 25, 2017
    Promise
    Ahhhh I love ittt~ Can I have a version of it without bears and square as well MapleF15
    Thank you so much!

16. OP
    OP
    Bunnie

Bunnie Slime

Mar 6, 2020
    MissBunnie
    Priest
    As always, let me know if you need any edits and I'll DM the edited version to you.
    Duckys.png

17. OP
    OP
    Bunnie

Bunnie Slime

Mar 6, 2020
    MissBunnie
    Priest
    Let me know if you need any edits!
    Artemys.png
    Let me know if you need any edits!
    Fartsy.png

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. klaare

klaare Horny Mushroom

May 17, 2018
    Female
    Artemys/klaare
    Bowmaster
    Promise

19. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    4:55 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Hi! Can I ask of a drawing of me declaring to my wife? (Do I have to pay double for that? X.x)

20. OP
    OP
    Bunnie

Bunnie Slime

Mar 6, 2020
    MissBunnie
    Priest
    Sure can do. I'll PM you the edited version in a few hours when I have a chance to work on it.

PM'd for details~