1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the consensus on expedition boss signup 'snatching'?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lin, Jun 27, 2020.

Should expedition boss signup maps be 'owned'?

1. Yes, be a gentleman and change channels

26.3%
  2. No, survival of the biggest/fastest biceps to signup

73.7%
  1. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    9:25 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Earlier today myself and a few guildmates were doing Zakum and were going to go for the second round, all channels seem full so we were outside the door. One channel, had another expedition signed up but the timer was running out, i believe one of their members have not signed up yet and they were waiting on them.

So once the timer went out, my guildmate talked to Adobis and signed in that channel.
    A few of them were not happy and said we 'sniped' the channel.

So i'm writing this thread to ask what's considered okay, since maps before the Altar has no mapowner, does the channel/map go to the expedition that signed up, or is it survival of the fittest, where the fastest signer gets the channel?

Morally, i felt a little bad when we entered the Altar, and it led to a little smega scuffle.

So do let me know what you think, whether a squad can 'own' a signup map before the boss, or if it's the fastest signup that gets it. Thanks for reading.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    6:25 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    S>Zak track have ign

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    9:25 AM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    Talking very generally about all of this -

Even when people play dumb, everyone understands basic courtesy, like what the "good" and wholesome thing to do is in most situations, right? It's just common sense. But competition for popular grinding/leeching maps and bossing/PQ tracks is inevitable with a player base that's like over 4x what it was before corona.

There's always 2 sides to the story. Sometimes, a group might wait for a while before they land an open track (we waited ~20 minutes for a CWK track the other day, a first for me), and sometimes a group who's gearing up to run might afk a bit too long and lose their channel. There has to be hard lines otherwise it's just gray areas and chaos, that's why mapowner and expedition leader exist. People need to respect the rule even when it's not in their favor. I say this hypocritically, as someone who's gone off on a random dude who sniped my skele map once because I was seconds late - I was salty, but I should've just accepted I lost the map right from the get. It's not always easy, especially when the other party says something abrasive.

But if you fail to keep your map/boss track and it gets sniped, you played yourself. It sucks, and of course from one perspective it's mad inconsiderate of the other person/group, but people are just trying to play the game same as you. If you don't keep an eye on the timer or you don't click fast enough, you just need to eat that loss.

Mapowner and expedition leader "win," for lack of more elegant phrasing. It's really up to people's own discretion whether or not they want to be savage or kind. But I think more often than not people won't try to take your PQ/boss track if your group is obviously occupying that channel. That's a king-sized dick move, but also whoever misses out on the map/track should just move on. Don't complain over smega, nobody wants to see that shit.

Now, responding to the original post -

What y'all did, sniping a channel in front of people who are literally waiting to run there. That's a huuuuge dick move, plain and simple lol. Y'all technically aren't in the wrong sure, but cmon that's trash and it shouldn't be tough to acknowledge that. I hope people can generally be good to one another, but if they choose not to be, like take your L with grace too.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. OP
    OP
    Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    I agree, i did not feel very good when we entered the map. It did not sit right with me, so to the team that we 'sniped' just now, apologies. Frens? <3

• Like Like x 1
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    only if you make a meme video about this argument.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    4:25 PM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    They don't own it, period.
    Couldn't care less, if they are too slow to restart the timer, thats their problem.
    Making other groups wait because one of their players is late shouldn't be of any concern to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    Completing agree with Blu301 here, not wrong but a complete dick move. If you can, make an apology in game personally. It makes a world of difference on the receiving end. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    2:25 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    Its first come first served in this S>leech B>leech world.

Manners have no place in mushroomgame.

Shoulda bought the map from them with your NL funds you got from making your bishop.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:10 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Perhaps a third option for those who are conflicted on either option?

Starting sign ups is already a way of ‘owning’ that channel. I guess it’s kind of similar to spam clicking to get into LPQ?

But going into a channel where a party is already waiting and try to take the channel as soon as the timer is up is a dick move. The difference between this and LPQ is that it is accepted that fastest fingers is the rule in LPQ but not for expeditions since it takes a whole lot more time to organize a party and find buyers etc and no one wants their channel to be ‘sniped.’

Like Tim said, not wrong but definitely a dick move.

10. Crayo

Crayo Chronos

Oct 26, 2018
    Male
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    11:25 PM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    New vid title: "When Liny finessed a Zakum run"

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    How the tables have turned

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    i think the root of the issue is how we only opened up 2 more channels when the user-count went up 400%. We used to have 6 channels for 500 players online and now it's 8 channels for 2,000 players online??

I see so much drama with map selling, map stealing, map holding, PQ track drama, and now boss ch stealing.

If you're worried about the player count slightly decreasing after Covid is over, you can close channels later again as necessary??

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Remember that GMS had way more headcount in players, yet they only had two channels open for expedition bosses.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    So GMS also didnt have free NX, should we follow GMS then? Not everything GMS did was ideal, and if there's a need, we should change accordingly to make ML more pleasant to play. IMO, this is a poor argument made... Perhaps you are fine waiting 30 minutes to an hour to find a channel for a boss run. I certainly do not, and will be frustrated from both parties POV, regardless of who is right and wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1