1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

I kinda don't fully understand mapowner

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by markpur, Jun 30, 2020.

1. markpur

markpur Red Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    12:34 AM
    F/P Wizard
    Like I understand that @mapowner shows that a map belongs to a person. I know that the entire map is theirs. You are not allowed to kill anything, or do anything on that map because that map is theirs. However, I don't understand the point where the items that are on that map are considered theirs too. Like the time frame of an item drop is reserved for the person killing the mob right? So once the time frame for that item is passed the expiration date, shouldn't it be free for anyone to take, despite the person not having @mapowner? Because I recall hearing something like "If the item is on the floor and is able to be picked up, then it is a free- for-all". I was reported for looting an item from the floor on someone else's map but I fail to see the fault because shouldn't it be his fault for not picking it up LONG enough for it to be able to be picked up by someone else? If he really wanted to pick up the item, shouldn't he pick it up before the time frame that was specially reserved for him disappears?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    3:34 PM
    While it is true that whatever items on the ground if it is not picked up by the mapowner within certain time frame is FFA, it is basic respect to NOT pick up items dropped by mobs in the map when someone else is grinding or leeching there. He/she might not want to break the grinding or leeching cycle just to pick up that item just yet, that doesn't mean that he/she does not mind when someone else took the items.

Moral of the story is, don't be a di*k and take stuff that does not belongs to you. Move on.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    markpur

markpur Red Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    F/P Wizard
    I understand about the whole basic respect and leeching cycle. What I'm asking is
    1. why is that even a reportable offense if its just a " basic respect" issue.
    and
    2. That's what I'm saying! like "don't be a di*k and take stuff that does not belongs to you" While yeah it doesn't belong to me, but if its time framed off then it doesn't belong to him either! That's the whole point of the item being able to be picked up isn't it?
    Like if that's the case just make the entire map and dropped items be only able to be picked up my mapowner + party members then. Wouldn't that just solve everything?

4. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    pretty sure it's reportable to protect gachapon/nx/monster card drops. monster card stealing is a big issue, especially at boss maps.

why did you pick their item up? did you ask them if you could pick it up?

5. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    People do sell dragon scales, they add up if you sell a lot. So when you took that dragon scale, it was like taking mesos from them.

If you want to understand the mapowner rules more, you should look at the ML ToS, specifically the part regarding griefing:

[​IMG]

Even if an item is available for someone else to loot, the owner of the items is still decided by @mapowner. Maybe they could be coded to be picked up only by the mapowner, but then what about friends helping friends get things like quest items?

As for why it's a reportable offense-- from what I assume is that even though it's basic respect not to loot other people's things, people do it anyway. The rule is in place to protect them and the items you earned. Kinda like why stealing is illegal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    4:34 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Drops fully expire after 180 seconds while drop ownership expires after 60 seconds.
    I cannot speak for others but i have a tendency to loot only after 120 seconds so as to maximum my XP gains before running down the lanes to pick up my loots so unless i gave express permission for one to pick up the stuff that came from my effort of killing, its essentially theft which makes it reportable.

With regards to the notion that it shouldn't belong to the map owner once item ownership expires; no, just because you can (loot it after 60 seconds) does not mean you should.
    Map ownership was made for a reason and should be respected.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    Hi, I think you are referring to me (IGN Fabel). Whether you are or not, I would like to share with others on what exactly happened to me, and why I decided to pursue with my report. Though the staff has requested for me to keep quiet, I want to bring out certain points as well as apologize. I'll name the looter X (I am not gonna say his name out, since it doesn't matter here).

So what happened to me that day was that I was leeching buyers at Skele when suddenly X came into my map (to enter the 2 hit skele map). He happened to see a dragon scale drop and went out of his way to loot it, only to be seen by me. Following that, he left the map.

I went on to PM him, asking him why did he loot it, albeit my tone wasn't nice (You cant expect me to be nice to someone who just looted my stuff). He IGNORED me, forcing me to mega him out as the only way for him to react. However, despite NOT being apologetic, he MEGAed back the TOC webpage, which caught me off guard because 1. He was breaking the TOC rules, and 2. He wanted to warn me of 'harassment', which I wasn't. I merely wanted to solve it privately with him. I fired back a few statement (which I want to apologize to the staff and the general player base for seeing such drama). Eventually, he had a slight leak while trying to be cocky, causing me to ONLY THEN have sufficient evidence to file a report against him, which I believe is you.

My side of the story: I did not loot the dragon scale because I had a loot cycle. I time my loot based on the bar of my SI, thus rendering me able to loot everything before they expire. I cant possibly loot as soon as possible as they drop because I do promise my buyers XPM and I want to be able to keep up to what I promise, without compromising my loots. 2ndly, while it may just be a dragon scale, like what others said, it adds up. Furthermore, what if X decides to loot my gacha, or even my 100 WA GDK one day, since I let this issue off? What message am I sending to X, who obviously is a newer player than I am (I played since 2017)? Additionally, its not just the fact that X looted a dragon scale. When I wanted to solve privately with X, he IGNORED me, and even fired back via Mega, trying to play victim of harassment. This eventually made me decided that I needed to file a report against X (even though I initially did not want to since it was a really small issue for a 1 hit skele Bishop). Is X a dick? Yes, IMO.

There have been a lot of times where people loot my stuff (GDK, event items etc). However, all return upon PM, or apologize if they looted an untradable item. X was my first encounter with someone feeling proud looting others dragon scale, even mocking me for arguing over a petty issue. If dragon scale was so 'small and insignificant', then why loot other's one? There are many others who politely asked me for the most recent event Bio book, and I give it to them always.

Now referring to your post, you don't understand why you cant loot others stuff. Just imagine this, if your valuable item gets looted by others, how would you feel? If you are cool about it, then sure, I give it to you.

Are you trying to tell me here you lack basic respect? Then I think you should caution people around you, because you will somehow unintentionally offend them/your bl/your guildmates one day. This sentence really made you look like a prick.

To X, I hope you can apologize to me privately, even though I had already successfully filed a report against you. But if you think otherwise, it's fine. Just don't loot my stuff again because I WILL take concrete screenshot this time around.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    WORD XEPH *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Eminence

Eminence Mushmom

Dec 15, 2017
    Male
    Eminence/Afterglow
    Bishop
    Pacifists
    So today while doing apq, I was killing mobs for the cupid code piece and a gacha ticket dropped. My party member ninja-ed the gacha ticket immediately. Is screenshotting the only way to report griefers? Kinda unrealistic to expect people to be ready to screenshot such acts of griefing.

10. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    8:34 AM
    It’s called manners. Basic respect to not loot stuff from other people’s maps.

If you wanna be known as a dick then so be it.

11. OP
    OP
    markpur

markpur Red Snail

Apr 19, 2020
    F/P Wizard
    Hi Good Morning all,

Sorry I mean no disrespect towards anyone here.
    I posted in the help and advice section because I wanted to just know answers and the reasons for it.
    I am sorry if I offended anyone.
    Although I feel like the help I received was perhaps a bit harsh like i'm just trying to understand the rules behind it...felt more like I was bashed on.
    Nevertheless, I guess I deserved it if I did disrespect/offended anyone.
    So yes, thank you for the clarification I suppose.
    Also, thank you for sharing your story IGN Fabel, the guy sounds like an ass if he did not apologize/ or even give it back.
    I don't know about that guy but I said sorry to the person I took the dragon scale from and even gave it back so I hope whoever took from you should definitely do the same.
    I hope this clears all confusion if there was even any with the begin with
    Again, I apologize to everyone, sorry I am new here and thank you for helping me out with this topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    9:34 AM
    Beginner
    Nvidia shadow. Just push a button and last 30 seconds is saved on video.

• Informative Informative x 1