1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Formal Proposal] Quester's Ring

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skuire, Apr 30, 2020.

Do you support this proposal?

1. Yes

498 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Yes, but needs changes (specify in thread)

84 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. No

19 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    9:47 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yo. Pretty much everyone seemed to like Questelle V2's pose a lot more than what I tried for V3, so I attempted to fuse the good parts of both of em, plus some more experimentation. How is it?
    V2.[​IMG] V3. [​IMG] V3.5. [​IMG]

Yes she keeps getting taller. SlimeXD
    ~

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Blueberry

Blueberry Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    6:47 AM
    Danix
    Beginner
    Your work is amazing. V2 is still the best for me. I like her colors in that one, the v3 and v3.5 too bright and "clean" to me. I also like how she blushes in v2, but later on that cuteness goes away sadly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Poobabeer

Poobabeer Red Snail

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    5:47 AM
    I enjoy questing a lot, but it is a sloggish grind sometimes.
    It's great seeing an incentive to do the harsh quests to get a fitting reward.
    I can imagine it needs some tweaking here and there, I am not that familiar with balancing so I wouldn't know what.

+support!

4. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    11:47 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    This idea is good, imo its good to have 3 perm rings and 1 event so players dont feel that they missed out much if they missed these rings. Also since Event Rings r now 6mths expiry (most newer events) it'd be awesome to see players not farming 24/7 event drops to exchange for a limited time ring and have more time to do other game content. Also, with this admins can have more flexibility in rolling out a more interesting event rings (maybe 1 or multiple rings that have stats only like HP or Str/Dex/Int/Luk.)

cuz as of right now we got these few
    - perm rings: Ellin ring/ Monster Book ring
    - event rings(6mths): Valentine ring/ Melody ring

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    just for u big guy SlimeSmile

You know, I was thinking Annolis's idea of replacing/recycling the Ellin Savior's Ring wouldn't be too bad. Perhaps it could be combined as an ingredient for the T10 Quest Ring and add some extra stats as a result. This would free up the ring slots to where you've got one card hunting ring, one questing ring, and whatever combination of event/wedding rings you want. Would be cool thematically too, seeing as the Ellin ring itself is gained via questing and collecting obscure materials.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    11:47 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Great work, but I agree that V2 is still the best due to the (imo) better shading on the hat and the blush

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    8:47 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    It was his idea that I could get behind...

8. OP
    OP
    Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Oh it was your idea Doc, my b! Btw do you like the version I just posted above?

9. NexG

NexG Red Snail

Apr 7, 2020
    Male
    8:47 PM
    Kebim
    F/P Arch Mage
    Active
    I think gating the tiers for the ring behind quests from different level ranges may be a good plan because that way the ring scales as you level.

10. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    11:47 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Yes, i think a themed "gating" would be making each tier have a (or a few) must complete quest, in which the quest only can start on certain levels.

11. TofuEater

TofuEater Mano

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    Fauda
    Brawler
    It's best to see the staff's opinion about this at this point. Please respond if you can. blushmush

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I like this version of Questelle the best! So cute :3

Also, what if the Ellin ring Was a Tier 0 quest ring or something I haven't thought this through but that could be a way to combine them. But however they do it, I just want a quest ring already ^.^

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. robert8

robert8 Mushmom

Oct 17, 2018
    Male
    UK
    4:47 AM
    Robert8
    I/L Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    With questing you get to explore the maple world and does need to be encouraged, most people will only do a few before they get bored because of the rewards but I done most of the quests when I could for the exp from the quest and the hunting which was actually fun. Just like old school maple....

14. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I'm late to the party, but I support this idea.

One thing I'll say about stats, is that def is very useful for using less potions when grinding weaker monsters, but barely noticeable against big damage, since it reduces pretty much a flat amount of damage. Health on the other hand isn't as useful to Warriors n stuff, like Skuire said.
    So probably a combination of both is best imo.

Respect to Skuire for making a fully custom NPC sprite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    11:47 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I like this idea a lot. After getting the Ellin Ring you could get a lightbulb notification from Questelle saying "So you've discovered a quest ring? Want to learn more about how doing quests in MapleLegends can reward you with an even more powerful ring?" She then can give the first upgrade quest that requires you to complete X quests and get 1 refined mineral ore (since book ring uses gems, this ring could just be a band made from a specific mineral? Bronze,Steel,Silver,Mithril,Adamantium,Gold,Orihalcon,Lidium,Moon Rock can correspond to 9 upgrades to the ellin ring)

This way a new player is not bombarded with TWO very custom ring quests as soon as they land in lith harbor. A new player will likely do quests in the early game for the sake of doing them, or for experience, or item rewards, so there is no need to immediately motivate them with a custom quest ring. By the time they get to Ellin forest they'll be more invested in the game and might be more likely to start going for such a ring.

• Like Like x 3
  16. BobTheSatan

BobTheSatan Slime

Jun 26, 2020
    Male
    BobTheSatan
    Cleric
    Twice
    I absolutely love this suggestion! Well done on all the detail!

17. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    100% agree this server has always needed something for questers. the only part im unsure is why >= 900 quests and not >= 1000? it's the more round number and 1000 is achievable even with lots of missed quests.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Sleepy

Sleepy Blue Snail

May 27, 2017
    Female
    10:47 AM
    Magician
    Personally, I think 900 is enough, not too easy but not too challenging.

According to this https://bbb.hidden-street.net/quest/list, pre big bang maple has 1138 quest in total. There are some quests that are miserable to do (like jump quest, killing x amount of mobs with the mob spawn rate at snail pace), some quests that is only available during certain level range, if you pass the level, it's gone. Minus these quests and I think you'll be left which just enough quest to choose from to reach the 900 quests mark.
    If the goal is 1000, then I think you'll have to do every quest that is available left, which can cause frustration and people might not want to questing anymore.

Of course, you can start questing soon at a very low level to achieve some quests which have the level range. However, you will miss out on PQ at the beginning phase (KPQ, LPQ, EPQ). It will be okay if this character of your is funded, but for a new player, they might have to think about which side to goes which: Doing PQ for easy level and some gears/scrolls or doing quests for the ring.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Quest ring when?

HMU with a ring with some HP/MP, some def/mdef, some acc/avoid. Don't need main stats, don't need attack/matt, just need survivability and QoL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    3:47 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Questelle v 3.6 when? :heartbeat: