1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Hit Rating" question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyphernihil, Jul 3, 2020.

1. cyphernihil

cyphernihil Mano

May 19, 2020
    1:59 AM
    Cyphermage
    I/L Mage
    First, I'm not sure what it is exactly called or referred to in maplestory, but my question involves "hit rating" or the ability to hit with attacks and spells on monsters ranging from all levels.
    The question is, Does player level vs monster level effect your ability to hit monsters or does the value of your primary and/or secondary stat(IE dex for a warrior and thief, or luk for a mage) effect it? or is it a mix of both? and which carries more weight when fighting monsters?

I read in some patch of original maplestory that the secondary stat was changed to where it was solely level vs level and allowing more luk/dexless classes. Curious if that is how this server is or not.

A follow up question would be, if I'm doing a dexless or lukless build does that literally mean 4 of said stat and pump gear full of main stat scrolls? or use scrolls to fill that secondary stat and just pump SP into the main stat? I found those builds interesting... but I'm more worried about hitting and killing than big numbers... no point of hitting for 1M if all i can hit is snails, lol.

2. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    Your hit rate is dependent on your 'accuracy' in character stats, your level, the monster's level, and the monster's avoidability. Every monster has a certain amount of accuracy required to guarantee a hit. If your character's level is lower than the monster's, then you will need more accuracy for 100% hit rate. For example, if you're level 35 trying to hit platoon chronos (lvl 41), you need about 100 acc to hit 100% of the time. If you were level 41 (same level as platoon chronos), you only need 81 acc. Not too sure how that formula works out, but it has to do with the 4 factors mentioned in the first sentence. Here's a good link for finding how much accuracy you need exactly: http://screamingstatue.com/accuracymain.php

Now as far as how your secondary stat effects your accuracy really just depends on your class. For almost every class, dex is the main stat that determines your accuracy with the exception of thieves and mages. Brawlers and warriors are the classes who have the most issues with accuracy as they are the only classes which have dex as a secondary stat (except for thieves and mages). From my experience, being dexless for thieves (all luk) never lead to any problems with missing. Mages don't rely on accuracy entirely anyways so adding luk is worthless unless you're looking to equip higher level gear. Gear with dex will obviously help increase your accuracy, but you can also find/scroll equips that directly give you accuracy as well.

Going dexless, strless, lukless means you add no point in that stat whatsoever and put all point into your main stat. Warriors and brawlers are the only ones that have to worry about missing if you go for these types of builds. Of course you want gear that maximizes your damage, so you would think that getting gear with your primary stat is best, but this really depends on your goal. If you like dexless, lukless, or whatever builds and plan on staying with that all the way through, then by all means go with equips that are all your primary stat. If you want optimal damage by end game for any class (aside from mages), you want low secondary stats, but just enough to equip your end game gear. In terms of getting max damage and still hitting, warriors and brawlers need a good balance of str and dex. You can make statless characters with equips that compensate for the secondary stat, but its really expensive, which why most people go low-dex, low-str. There are a bunch of guides for ap builds for each respective class, which i recommend checking out if you want to know exactly how much you need for each stat.

3. OP
    OP
    cyphernihil

cyphernihil Mano

May 19, 2020
    Cyphermage
    I/L Mage
    Thank you for the info, that actually helps a lot. Do you happen to know if accuracy is used for everyone equally? Just curious as I've been leveling a mage and assumed accuracy meant for physical type abilities or attacks (when i ate a Candy from the anniversary event *+30 acc* it didn't seem to do much in terms of missing less... think at the time I tried it I was hunting drakes for their skin and would miss like maybe every 5-7 lightening bolts and with candy seemed like the same... lol unless I was just unlucky.

4. IHearColors

IHearColors Timer

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, I/L Arch Mage, Bandit
    I actually don't know how mage's hit rate is formulated, but it definitely doesn't depend on accuracy so an accuracy potion won't do anything. I think it mainly has to do with your and the monster's level. A level 45 mage will still miss on Alishar in LPQ since its level 56 while most classes will hit 100% at that level. Total magic attack might be a factor, but i doubt it.

5. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:59 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    If I remember correctly it's based on INT? Not total msgic attack but the INT. Since most go luk less on this server accuracy is mostly never an issue later on for mages. Ppl will still miss if they're too low lvl compared to mobs, usually seen with gs mobs and heal.

6. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    9:59 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    You remember correctly, int is all you need.

Mage accuracy is not shown in your stats (accuracy is only for melee attacks). Luk is only for wearing equips, which you don't need because of lukless elemental wands.
    Don't worry about accuracy on a mage. If you're strong or high level enough to properly grind somewhere then you'll always be able to hit the mobs.

7. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    8:59 AM
  8. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    4:59 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Magic accuracy is based equal parts on both INT and LUC (or rather, floor(INT/10) and floor(LUC/10)). LUC scrolled items have a small niche in that they can help FP poison high level mobs a bit better, particularly LUC scrolled shields which are more effective at raising magic accuracy than matk scrolled shields (while being much cheaper). However, in terms of stats there is no difference between 1 point of LUC and 1 point of INT.

9. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Really? I read somewhere that luk gives more accuracy than int :eek: I'll have to go back and check

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    8:59 AM
    I can confirm that mage accuracy is calculated by: floor(INT/10) + floor(LUK/10)

The calculator I linked is completely correct, so you can look at its code (right click > inspect, then find the <script> tag) to see how everything is worked out.

• Like Like x 1