1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie looking for starting out advice

Discussion in 'Community' started by blair, Jun 14, 2020.

1. blair

blair Snail

Jun 14, 2020
    Male
    4:07 PM
    Hey all,

I just created a MapleLegends account the other day after not having played MapleStory for 12+ years and am pretty damn excited to take a trip down nostalgia lane. While I remember the classing/levelling system and a lot of the locations + general gameplay, I was wondering if anyone has advice on meeting other players, joining guilds etc in Legends. I'm still a low level (12 - Mage) but I'm looking forward to things like the Kerning City PQ (if that's still around) that I remember from the old days and was wondering how to find other people to tackle things like that.

Any help would be much appreciated!

L

2. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    3:07 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    You can often find people socializing in FM, usually a good place to find random people to chat with. Henesys is also a good social spot these days due to the current anniversary event, lots of henehoes open to chat with randoms. People often advertise guild recruitment on smegas, discord or on forums, keep an eye out. Alternatively you can smega in-game that you are looking to join a guild, or post on discord recruitment channel or forums yourself. Kerning PQ is still around, although it seems to be less packed these days, you should have no problem finding a party within a few minutes of waiting at channel 1.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:07 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I think a good way to meet some new people is to try and do some community / group activity (like party quest / party grind), and then at the end ask them if you can add them to your buddy list.

It is quite easy to make friends with people who share your goals.

4. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    11:07 PM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    Ignore those wearing bathrobe + magicwand + bandana or purple wicosin... (they don't bring any fun)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    12:07 PM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    It sounds like the social part of the game is important to you so... Party quest, party quest, party quest. They all work, and are all active except for CPQ.