1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Card Hunting Guide: Get your Tier 10 Ring ASAP

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by Nimbus, Jul 10, 2020.

1. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    5:33 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Could it be that keeping the Shanghai Permit in my inventory for like a year has saved me? (quest completed though pretty sure)
    (I probably kept it because of hearing of the boss drops, I had even forgotten what it is and why I have it at this point.)

That said, isn't there a boss at that map too? I'd... have to check it, but if the boss drops cards as well then wouldn't that be missable as well without the permit?

Still can't believe I actually kept the permit haha what luck!

2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    7:33 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    After using the permit, the first map you go to has the only map where Black Sheep spawn. The Centipede boss comes after you do a quick maze map. Here's the issue with the Centipede... there are Centipede Boss spawns in a couple of maps of Shanghai that will also drop their cards, but they will not drop any of the other drops (scrolls and whatnot). Only the Boss on the map requiring the permit will drop that stuff. So, we need the permit for the Black Sheep cards.

• Like Like x 2
  3. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    4:33 AM
    Not sure if it was mentioned, the 3 globin bosses in KFT are really easy if you have the items to spawn them since you can just spawn as many as you like and the card drop rate seems high.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    4:33 AM
    Beginner
    Nice guide! My sair got to t10 in 3 weeks with the help of my bish, but i aim for full book.
    Im at 340 sets atm :) gonna be long ride

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    9:33 PM
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    It was mentioned! I highly encourage to have those items ready in order to card hunt KFT

• Like Like x 1
  6. sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    10:33 PM
    sarymage
    Bishop
    Quotes mostly truncated for space.

Nice! Also I didn't mean it as a huge criticism. Most of my post was just minor nitpicking at the end of the day.

1M might be a bit much (I have a coding background myself and still fall victim to a poor sample size) but that's all fair. Just about every zone has at least one stinker, and it is generally represented by having the wrong drop rate for its low pop.

So that was mainly in response to Eliza and the Jr. Lucida, which I skipped and have come nowhere near needing for my own MBR10. It just felt at the time that the two I'd noticed (Eliza and Giant Centipede) weren't particularly played up to the overall difficulty of boss hunting, that's all. Giant Centipede's definitely easier than typical bosses to find because I think there are three reliable spawns, but I just personally think bosses should have a disclaimer no matter what.

I wouldn't underestimate the potential influence of your guide, by the way. If you've noticed a lot of overpriced scrolls on the FM that are roughly the same price, that's because a ton of maplers still treat Jarrod and Jacky's two month old guide as the FM pricing bible. (and I for one still use it as a base)

I'm actually curious, what level do you find acceptable to go for MBR10? I didn't even start the final stretch (my last 75 sets) until 120, and I earned 10 levels in the process. In theory most folks should have a few things on the second-to-last page that aren't an utter chore for their job.

I've killed over 200 across two characters and have netted zero. On a bad day 200 Fierries would probably give me at least 10 cards. Maybe you had remarkable luck while I had godawful luck, but even with poor samples one can deduce good and terrible drop rates by calculating just how astronomical one's results are relative to something else. Fierry's drop rate is clearly stellar as if it has the same drop rate as a typical mob, the odds I'd get as many cards from so few as I did would be over one in a billion. Jr. Boogie's is only poor enough to deduce it probably doesn't have the miniboss-like drop rate that Fierry has. It could still be high, but it's pretty skippable and not worth fixation at all.

I did channel surf, but only netted one across two characters while obtaining around 250 eyes. Probably around 500-750 mobs or 45-60 minutes. I think you just had remarkable luck and I had poor luck, but it definitely has a much lower drop rate than the tauros.

So, what I noticed here was that there seem to be more spawns for the Scarlions than the Yabber. IIRC you can even clear out all Yabbers but you can't the Scarlions. This one just seemed to be a straight "low pop, same drop rate" problem. I can't tell if you're implying that you hunted these down with friends, but I would bet this would go far quicker if you were to split the map with someone and cut out all the climbing. For a solo player with normal mobility, though, these can be terrible solely due to their lack of availability and wasting spawn cycles with climbing.

So overall, I just hope my post didn't come off the wrong way. (aside from someone still thinking I'm talking about job difficulty, wish they would edit their post already) I am seriously awed by the amount of effort put into your guide and can only hope my little nitpicks help make it better in some way. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Just as an edit to the people who read and commented on this guide: Ariant/Magatia have been changed from B-Tier to A-Tier, so people feel more compelled to visit that map sooner.

Same for Neo Tokyo, which wasn't added in the first week I made this guide. It sits on the B-tier, mainly because of its barriers to entry (high lv, high HP mobs AND having to complete a questline in order to unlock new maps) and the fact that some mobs have annoying debuffs, since the card drop rate seems pretty generous.

Thanks to everyone for their input. You are making this guide even better <3.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    10:33 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Thank you for making this thread! I'll be following this when i'm hunting for my Outlaw, wished this existed when i was doing the collection for my main, i took longer and less efficient than i thought.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    It didn't. I just felt I had to clarify some stuff about the guide and adress the points made. Like I said, I also had the idea to re-write some parts to sound less biased and give more credibility hours before your comment (which is very curious how that happens).

Again, this guide is meant to HELP people. If I am leading them in an inefficient order or doing something to make card hunting a worse task then it needs to be adressed.

You make a very good point here. One of the things I don't like from ML is how irrational the pricing is. People rely so much on old guides, which set their prices on times where less(more) people played or there were less(more) boss item services available. Prices stay unmoving as a rock, despite a lot of factors changing (mainly, the playerbase, which literally prints more mesos into existence), and then just tank to oblivion, just how it happened during the anniversary event with all the items scrolled with 65% scrolls. In other words, price changes only happen when it is so blatantly obvious they SHOULD. But I guess that is just how it is when you have a plethora of items and equips and you can't reliably measure a constantly changing supply/demand. But I digress.

My point about your comment is that, while I think this guide was made with the objective of impacting how people hunt for cards in the server (mainly, that they do it more efficiently), Free Markets prices are a completely different beast that Card Hunting. Boss hunting (for cards) will definitely be impacted, but I just think (hope) that said effect won't be so negative as to make people perma-camp bosses which normally don't have any other popular or useful drops.

10. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    No one is here to attacked you or whatsoever, really. Really, you cant expect every guide out there to be non-subjective/non-biased. Literally what OP, I and some other have done is merely sharing our opinions on how to get the T10 ring in the most 'efficient way' in our opinion based on our encounters.(this is subjective too right?). This is a guide and thus people can choose whether to follow it or not. Regarding mini-bosses, almost the entire thread users have shown disfavour of hunting them just for the sake of T10 based on their past experience. However, for those who like to hunt bosses, wait for a few hours doing something else and then coming back to hunt for the cards again, bosses are probably the easiest sets they can get.

Regarding sample size, its literally impossible for us, 1-3-5 INDIVIDUALS (sorry i lost count) to get a complete accurate view of the drop rates, especially without the code being released. The guide can only be more accurate if more people chip in. If here you are thinking that the guide is subjective, and causes people to hunt cards in a specific way, then why not complain about other guides 'forcing/misleading' people to play in a certain meta/FM prices causing new players/returning players to price their items wrongly in the market? Why not just remove the whole guide section, since they are 'ALL MISLEADING'?

I get that you disagree with some things in this post. But saying that the post is subjective because there is a lack of a good sample size is just... I hope you can be appreciative of what OP has done, to making card hunting more efficient for other users. OP isn't forcing people to follow his way of card hunting, he merely made this to help others, so I don't get why you are so worked up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    A quick tip on hunting the Yellow Mu Lung Cards:
    1. Start on the Snake Area map. Do not stop farming there until you have 5 Blue Flower Serpent. If you still need Red Flower Serpent cards, go to Where the Sky Forest Ends to get your last ones (though I doubt you'll need more than one).
    2. Go to The Train map and finish off Black Porky's if needed (doubtful you will need to) and get at least 3 or 4 Red Porky cards. If you have 3 more Red Porky cards than Squirrel cards, go to Entrance to Sky Forest and finish off the rest of the mobs - unless you finish the Squirrels first and still need Red Porky cards, then go back to The Train.

This strategy really cuts down on getting extra cards. Snake Area is the only map that has a good population of Blue Flower Serpents, but because of it's heavy population of Red Flower Serpents and Black Porkys, it's possible you'll complete the other two sets before getting your 5th Blue Serpent Flower card.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    I don't feel Sayrsa commented on an attacking manner, or that he's worked up. If his intent was to help out and that ultimately most of the criticisms were just nitpicks, then let's leave it at that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    5:33 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    What about Ellin Forest I still don't see it up

14. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Ellin Forest has always been there.

--> Helios Tower includes Ellin Forest, which sits in the C-Tier (I even put it in parenthesis). I did it that way in order to not forget Retz exists and it is a fairly quick hunt.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I would think this area should be moved up to the B-Tier. Granted, it's only a total of 6 sets, but they are very easy sets to get. In fact, I always viewed Ellin Forest and the Retz of Heliios Tower to all be part of KFT - though I know there's nothing in common with them, they are both on the right side of Ludus Lake.

16. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    That's the thing, though. I don't think C-Tier means "bad maps". D and E-tiers are the actual harder ones. Regions should always be analyzed in relation to the maps above/below it. And maps above Ellin Forest have MORE cards and/or MORE spawn/card drop rates, so they win over it.

Though, if you consider Helios Tower as KFT + Retz + Ellin Forest, you have an argument for putting them in B-Tier. But that is the thing: IMO, KFT is the area that carries Helios Tower to B-Tier, so I decided to separate it instead uniting all areas.

Maybe I should make it clearer hat C-Tier isn't bad yet. C-Tier areas are places where you get just a few easy cards or a lot average cards (in terms of drop rates).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    sarymage
    Bishop
    I don't think you did. What has me bothered is this (link) reply where it's basically quoting the first line of my post and going on about how jobs each have a different experience with farming cards. That's great and all, but it's completely irrelevant to my post. In fact if you had read my post, you would have seen that it was designed to be about as job-neutral as can be.

The impression your post gave me is that you read the summary and then assumed the whole thing was about jobs because I listed jobs under my "credentials" for commenting on an MBR guide. Seriously, go back and read my entire post, and then read your immediate reply...it's like two different conversations are happening.

It does get my goat a little, because folks skimming the thread will just skip to your reply and likely dismiss mine as a result. It would be a courteous move to edit your post and make it more relevant to what I actually said, but this is 2020 and it's passe to admit one's own errors.

Oh well.

18. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    I don't think I did any wrong there, so I see no need to apologise to you. Perhaps I could have quoted your entire reply, and if this bothers you that much, I'll do that for you.

You had no problems with Black Goat doesn't mean that others have it easy. We merely share our views on how toxic we felt black goat was. The best map to hunt Black Goat is Mountainous Region II in Shanghai in which 9/23 mobs are Black Goat. However, what made Black Goat TOXIC IMO was the map layout and how torturous it was to move around. In fact, it wasn't just me, but OP who managed to get a heck tons of sheep and white goat card before completing black goat. So while you had it easy, and called us being biased in our opinions JUST BECAUSE YOU HAD IT EASY doesn't sound fair to us either right?

So you disagree with us on boss cards as you feel that people tend to avoid them, and felt we influence the community TOO MUCH by writing this guide? Then why not bitch about BangHero advising not to do boss cards (his reasoning to save time), as well as Skuire Maple Journey for 'influencing' people to follow his card routines? Mind you these people give valuable advice on their journey when I started, making my life hell lot much easier. We are here literally to give some help to people who are keen to see. As long as STH is not a FACT, it will be SUBJECTIVE. By your logic, should we NOT DO any mobs mentioned here as easy, since everyone wants to flock to doing them then?

I mean, the fact that you deleted the portion I quoted says a lot. We don't know for sure what class you used to card hunt, or perhaps you might even use both, who knows? For all we know, you multi-client having 1 character at the top of the map and 1 at the bottom to make things easy when hunting black goat. So YOUR EXPERIENCE differs from MINE, and definitely a lot others out there. You can disagree with us on the difficulty on certain mobs, but calling us 'subjective' and forcing people to hunt in a particular manner is a bit overboard, don't you think so? What about the excel guide that Precel made then? Are you gonna bitch and say he influence card hunters to all hunt in the 'same optimal map'? You called us for being subjective, 'influencing' people to hunt cards in a particular way for what reason? If anyone feels that this guide is too biased, they can ignore it. We merely are recalling our experiences and sharing it with others, regardless of whether it might be helpful to an individual or not.

Those afterwards was what I felt was great because it shows your input on what you felt are awesome to hunt, and what aren't.

Lastly, this is going to be my message to you since I am not gonna argue on a thread that has its heart on helping others card hunt.

If you insist on arguing, drop me a PM, I don't wish to continue on this thread.

19. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    What do you guys think of this guide in general? Do you guys generally find that Orbis Tower and Mu Lung are some of the best drop rates or is it all anecdotal? I have gotten tier 10 ring twice so I am wondering if people have similar experiences. I can't quite say its the "best" just yet cuz I dont really have scientific evidence.

20. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I've gotten 3 Tier 10s so far, but I go for all red, orange, yellow, and green tabs with a lot of Cyan/Gold with a some blue and maybe 1 or 2 purple tab cards. I got Tier 10 at levels 94, 100, and 102, so I was limited to my choices. I can say, for sure, which mobs were the most difficult of these.
    Ashigarus and Batoos are the worst for Orange.
    Jr. Boogie, Helly, King Block Golem are the worst for Yellow - with the Shanghai drops overall not being that great.
    Rombot, Shade, Mixed Stone Golem, Nightghost, and Extra C are the worst for Green.

KFT is also a very good place to get cards - fairly easy besides the Old Fox and Ghost Scholar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1