1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior An Updated Guide to Dark Knights

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Alyosha, Oct 9, 2018.

Where is thread name change button?

1. it gone

18.1%
  2. we will forever have Akash's incorrectly spelled title

87.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DaHighJumpa

DaHighJumpa Red Snail

Dec 2, 2018
    12:59 AM
    Beginner
    Where does purple surfboard drop? It is listed as event in the library.

2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    10:59 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Summer Event only

3. Phit

Phit Red Snail

Apr 24, 2019
    Male
    1:59 PM
    PhiT
    Spearman
    With the new buff system in place, will it be wise to max beholder now?

4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    1:59 AM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    EDIT: it WILL let you use beholder with apple/stew on, corrected by FishyFishy

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Eventually, sure. Really it's hard to say until whatever buffs that are happening get announced. Maybe Dark Knights will stay the same, maybe they get buffed, especially if Hex of the Beholder is changed. Right now the last 5 SP are really just a replacement for Coke Pills, so it's not that important other than to clear an inventory spot. If it's made to be additional attack as it was meant to be or if it gets buffed to 25 attack or more it's probably worth investing in right after Maple Warrior.

...Also I haven't looked at this guide for a long time. I should probably finish it.

6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I'd say keep Hex beholder at lvl 16 (this makes you get 20acc) , UNLESS you want beholder to give you +15atk nonstop.
    I personally like Hex maxed since I already had it maxed and it gives me 25acc, but IMO its not needed to max right off the bat.
    - keep increasing hex until it gives you 20acc (lvl 16?)
    - the new buff system will LET you use Beholder AND use apples/stews (higher attack buffs). it will NOT override ur higher atk pots :3

I personally like having a self +15atk buff

7. Phit

Phit Red Snail

Apr 24, 2019
    Male
    1:59 PM
    PhiT
    Spearman
    I guess it's more beneficial to max it with the new buff system in place.

8. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    It seems that I misunderstood how the Smart Buff system worked :( Edited my reply. Sorry for misinformation :unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    2:59 AM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Geez, i went yolo with tauriel, without knowing nothing about dark knights cuz this is my first server :p, I reached 18750 HP at lv 178 geez.... I mean.. I think going yolo works too :p. BTW nice guide! i love it <3

10. flashblaize

flashblaize Chronos

Feb 25, 2017
    Male
    Germany
    6:59 AM
    promisQ
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hi,

Just started my spearman again. Heading top Mannequins at Level 63 If you have to dell amoria baskets Hit me Up.

Greetings
    Rootz

11. flashblaize

flashblaize Chronos

Feb 25, 2017
    Male
    Germany
    promisQ
    F/P Arch Mage
    Just hit 70 Yesterday. :D

I currently use a 11STR/100WA Blood Snowboard. I think about using a 70 Polearm. Is it much worse using a slower weapon? In most games slower weapons hit harder. And the speed would only really effect the auto hits. Or am i wrong?

Thank you in advance.

12. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Speed matters a lot in the endgame during bossing. For training I’d recommend using the slower weapon if it lets you kill mobs in less attacks.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Speed is better in almost any circumstance unless there is a big difference in attack.

For training more damage only really matters for 1ko and 2ko at mannies, and going for a slower weapon there will only make a difference for a few levels before losing out to a faster weapon.

And for things that take more hits a speed 7 weapon would need to have an extra ~8% of your total attack vs. a speed 6 weapon. That counts your gloves and attack potions too, so 125 attack with a speed 6 weapon would be about equal to 135 attack with a speed 7 weapon.

I think the blood snowboard is good, I'd keep it for a while longer. The 3ko/2ko/1ko bridges at mannequins take a bit of time to bridge and it's mostly levels that do the work. It's pretty viable to just keep at it with the snowboard and look for a Purple Surfboard on the market somewhere in the 90s.

And bomb Skis once you hit the 80s :^D Skis are the best DK weapon in the game and only pepegas use slow spears for stuff other than BF hunting.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. flashblaize

flashblaize Chronos

Feb 25, 2017
    Male
    Germany
    promisQ
    F/P Arch Mage
    Thank you for your reply

Since i have nothing to lose i will go ahead and scroll my gold Dragon (91 watk clean) for the fun. If it is not over 110 watk i wont use it. It just looks better compared to the snowboard.

Any suggestion at what point it would be better to swap to female mannis? I feel like staying until 75 at kids. Mostly because baskets are not that present anymore.

Is there a ML DK Discord by any Chance?

Rootz

15. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I just stayed at Kids for the most part until 120 because of the Earring Int 10%'s.

Females are solid exp for Roar Training with a priest though. There are 2 more spawns in the Female map and the Mixed map so you can tend to kill a few more when you're using Roar. The layout is good too if you Roar in the middle of the bottom right rope and the teleport up. Every 3 minutes one of you goes to loot the top then jump back down onto the rope for rebuff.

One thing I forgot about is that weapon speed doesn't affect Dragon Roar, so the slower, higher attack weapons are better for that as it'll always fire off at the same speed.

*Wait, might need to scratch that last part. Ayumi shows that Roar is affected by weapon speed. I should probably test it again but the last time I did I didn't measure any difference.

16. flashblaize

flashblaize Chronos

Feb 25, 2017
    Male
    Germany
    promisQ
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hello there,

I want to add to the point where you are roaring at female mannequins you are supposed to have roar skilled up to 28 to actually hit both layer! At Level 90 i got 9m+ XP/hr!

Will try out gallos soonish.

17. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Outdated guide, no more! Just spent a couple hours going back over everything and updating most of it with new knowledge/game changes. Prices for gear I wouldn't be able to hazard a guess anymore but everything else should be up to date. Let me know if I missed anything :^)

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    Where do you recommend to train 30-70 if PQ isn't an option?

19. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I recently trained a page and did teddies until 35, straw target dummies 35-50, then forest of golems 50-65, and leeched after that but could've stayed at FoG until 70. Might not be the most optimal maps but they were all pretty solid exp imo and you're not fighting over a map most of the time. Can also try out mysterious path 3 or ghost ship maps instead of FoG if you want but those maps are usually pretty crowded. CDs might also be decent after 67 since you can leech the latest hits ones but I've never tried CD.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Vibin

Vibin Brown Teddy

Jul 29, 2020
    Male
    Vibin
    Beginner
    Truckers is actually a good spot since it has same HP as Target Dummies but 25 more exp and has better spawn/no master dummy :mad: . Also if I have a priest on another account would it be optimal to max Dragon Roar first? I know it might be annoying to tab back and forth but wondering if its actually better than fury first.