1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Losing mouse + keyboard when launching the game (login menu)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Bryzeis, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Bryzeis

Bryzeis Red Snail

Jul 14, 2015
    Female
    11:33 AM
    Magician
    Dear all!

I recently install MapleLegends to feel the nostalgia again :).
    I started my journey yesterday but I know MapleLegends for a little while now (since July 2015)!

Anyway!
    Yesterday afternoon, I installed the .exe found on the webpage. Went through the process of installing and finally, I launched the game.
    Everything went fine until I couldn't see my mouse or use my keyboard while in the login menu.

I've tried several "fix" including changing the window size, run as admin, still no evolution.
    Then, my kind husband recommended me to try the compatibility mode and we tried with Vista (Pack 2). I had a mouse and my keyboard working right after it!
    I thought "Yeeeey it works! I can play!" ... but nope.

After my lunch break, I wanted to login back to the game but the issue came back... even with the same setting that previously went through the bug.
    I've then tried numerous times to use the compatibility mode but the game still won't let me use my mouse and keyboard since then. I am stuck in the login menu and I can't fill in my info to actually log in ^^" -deeply frustrated-.

So here I am :) Begging for some Maple Tip on this one!

Sincerely,

Bryy

PS: Oh, by the way, I noticed that the process "MapleLegends Old School MapleStory (32 bits)" won't close in my task manager even when I close the game manually. I had like 15 mapleLegends running while I was trying to get this bug fixed, is it related? -thinking-

Also, I miraculously succeed in recovering my mouse and keyboard after trying for almost 2 hours -Patience and coffee- :D. Setting are:
    - Run as admin = no,
    - Window size = 1024x768,
    - Compatibility mode = Windows Vista (original no pack version).
    I think it let me through randomly like last time but it still concerns me -pray for tomorrow-.

2. OP
    OP
    Bryzeis

Bryzeis Red Snail

Jul 14, 2015
    Female
    Magician
    Hello everyone!

Update 1.0 - Tuesday 4th of August
    Quick update on my situation.
    I just came back from work, it's 5 pm right now.
    I started MapleLegends and as said yesterday, I knew that my issue wouldn't be gone, I just had luck to play a little bit last night :).

Today, my goal is :
    - I'm actually checking a little bit more about the Task manager itself and saw some strange things happening with the .exe.
    Basically, when I launch the .exe it sometimes loads on the Task Manager and then disappears as nothing happened (it went up to 16% CPU capacity and PLOOOP it disappears ^^").
    - I also tried earlier today another private server without having this issue (I won't play it tho, I want Legends :p).

I have one question for the Maplers out there who love this kind of intriguing issue :). Btw, I am not a computer freak, sorry if my explanation is cringy :p.

Could it be possible that the MapleLegends application auto set itself into a "background" mode?
    That can explain, at least to me, why my mouse and keyboard won't work on it while working on other applications (I tried with a simple .TXT files next to MapleLegends window and I couldn't write on it while the .txt file was "behind" the MapleLegends window so I guess my mouse and keyboard are "detected" by the exe -mysteryyyy-).
    Also, weirdly enough, while doing this test, I had like 50% of the time the .exe crashed (the typical error message saying it stops working) while I had my txt file behind it. Couldn't reproduce this same error without having it behind.

Sincerely,

Bryy

Investigation :
    I tried to set the Windowed = false
    It starts my game as a window (asked for full-screen) and it was uncentered to the left top corner of my screen.
    Maybe sometime to solve the issue? -in progress-

3. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    12:33 PM
    Hello, I try to help you, can you tell me what OS you're using and if when you quit the game itself you are asked "Does this application worked correctly?
    You can type No and windows should try changing your compatibility mode.
    Also you can try uninstalling the game, make a new folder , name it "MapleLegends or w/e name you want for it" then add it on Windows Defender Antivirus exclusion list, and then install the game into that folder (that's if you're using Windows 10).
    Anyway, would love to hear from you if any of the solutions above worked.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Bryzeis

Bryzeis Red Snail

Jul 14, 2015
    Female
    Magician
    Hello HealerHealer !

Glad you join me in this mysterious thread :).
    I am using Windows 10 and yes it does ask me when I manually quit the game if the game is running correctly.
    I tried numerous times to use their compatibility solution without success so far.
    I also tried to reinstall the game as you recommended and put the folder as an exception on Defender, still has the issue :/.

In the meantime, I took a radical decision as I tried the game on my husband's PC and SUPRISE! Everything worked fine!
    So I took the decision to totally wipe my hard drive and re-install Windows 10 last night :).

I tried the game this morning and the bug seems to be gone... for now at least, I will have to check later this afternoon when I come back from work.
    If it works fine, I guess my issue may come from windows 10 updates (corrupted files maybe?) or any other software my PC gathers throughout the past year that might have interfered with the exe from MapleLegends.

Anyway! I will keep you guys in touch if this is a happy ending this afternoon :D!

Sincerely,

Bryy

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    12:33 PM
    Yes, either software or viruses. My laptop has Windows 10 with the latest updates and everything is fine.
    I'm glad everything worked out for you.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Bryzeis

Bryzeis Red Snail

Jul 14, 2015
    Female
    Magician
    Hello again!

I can confirm that my issue is solve :). I can play normally now!

Sincerely,

Bryy

• Informative Informative x 1