1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Some ideas!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Caligo, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Caligo

Caligo Red Snail

May 24, 2020
    7:44 PM
    Aristos
    Hey, so i got some Ideas for the game. Idk if people will like it or not.

1. V92 With only Explorers?
    So basically the higher Versions give you more options for Events, Quests and World overall. I know Royals did something like that and to be honest. It's not that bad.
    V92 like Croosade hat PQs like Nett's Pyramid. Or Questlines like Mushking Castle, Kerning Square (Lv 30) and the Astaroth Questline (Also the Marbas Items were nice for noob mages :D)

Or Bosses like: Balrog PQ, R&J PQ?

2. Allow People to Edit Skill colors/ Damageskins?
    Others wouldn't see it so it wouldn't hurt anyone.
    Example: Fire Mages got a red Magicclaw, Priest a white one and Ice... well stay blue lul
    Also the fire Arrow from F/P Looks like shit... the one from Cygnus looks way nicer Q_Q

3. Events for some Items that get mostly forgotten.
    For example a Staff: Umaru/ Umarumagna or even the unwelcome Items/ Alien

i know... People will disagree. I alrdy got attacked from my guildies to fuck back off to Royals. But Royals is... well.. Royals.

I like how Legends is and appriciate the Work it's been put here. (The Resolution is really nice... tho could be bigger for my screen :D )

maybe some share my point of view

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    1:44 PM
    DMsRebirth
    You're basically going to have to make your own server for that (or convince someone else to make one; whichever seems less implausible for you).

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Caligo

Caligo Red Snail

May 24, 2020
    Aristos
    Was just an Idea ^^

4. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    R&J PQ = Romeo and Juliet PQ? Cuz we already have it... Magatia PQ.
    Kerning Square is the GMS edited version of Taipei101 which we have.

We used to have editable skills etc through .wz edits. However that has been changed and is not possible anymore.

Andddd no. (missable) events for items that change the meta is a really bad idea. It's one of the staples of ML to keep that shit out.

I personally like Mushroom Kingdom Questline, they added something to the game that was enjoyable, and I do think adding that would not change the endgame meta in any way. It's just probably "too modern" type of content vs other content that got added later in the game :) so goes against the spirit of the server for a bit.

5. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    5:44 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Great ideas, however MapleLegends has always been meant to be a classic v62 server so your first point definitely wouldn't really gain traction.

as for your second point, as mentioned by Jafel, it used to be possible to edit the .wz files for cosmetic purposes, however I presume that this definitely opened the flood gates to other... more nefarious client-sided .wz edits. Which is why MapleLegend files are more highly protected and secured under various locks with countless keys - it also probably goes agaisnt the spirit of the server which is to be as classic and true to v62 as possible (with minor adjustments for balancing reasons).

Regardless, good suggestions! keep them coming!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    1:44 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    mush king and editing cosmetic skills and damage skin would be nice. but it would take maybe 2 years at the rate we're going