1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Clicking 'Esc' to close NPC chats locks you out of the game

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by tobymcxs, Aug 11, 2020.

1. tobymcxs

tobymcxs Slime

Aug 9, 2020
    12:28 AM
    Shadower
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): Pressing ESC to exit NPC chats locks you out of the game until you manually click anywhere on the screen to unlock yourself. This is NOT a game freeze. It just locks you out from doing anything with the UI. You MUST manually click to be able to interact with it again.
    What is supposed to happen?: You're supposed to be able to interact with the game UI.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: It happens all the time. It's not location based.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): It's perhaps a case by case issue, but just open any NPC window, click 'ESC', and you won't be able to interact with the game.

Extra information (optional): It happens even when you are full screen. It is not just a windowed problem.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    9:28 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Ah someone finally made a report of this. I've always been too lazy to do so.

I second the report tho

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:28 AM
    Moderator Post
    Can confirm I have this too at times but can't confirm how to replicate it. Sometimes my client boots up with it working fine (I can hold ESC without problems) and sometimes it bug up like this. If anyone know how to replicate it feel free to let us know.

4. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    12:28 AM
    For me it seems very consistent to happen every other time i close out of npc dialogue. Including if i switch npcs keeps holding true. (Using npc chat button and esc) Hope this helps

5. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    8:28 AM
    If someone sends me a messenger invite to chat and I click esc afterwards to exit, half the time I'm locked out of the game until I click into it again.
    Same with npc chats, if I hit esc while the npc chat is still open half the time I'm locked out

You can replicate this by going into any npc opening the first chatbox with them then hitting esc. Half the time you're fine, half the time you end up locked out.