1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Unfunded Bandit Player Here

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by tobymcxs, Aug 17, 2020.

1. tobymcxs

tobymcxs Slime

Aug 9, 2020
    11:41 PM
    Shadower
    Currently level 59 and my gear is this:

1. 13 dex cape
    2. 17 Dex Robe
    3. 85 atk Liu bei dagger
    4. 8 atk work glove
    5. 4 dex , 2 slot earrings.
    6. Broken glasses

Every other equip has no stats to mention.

I have around 6 million mesos to my name, and approaching 3rd job pretty soon.

Since I probably won’t be able to use Meso Explosion to speedrun to 120, would it be wise to invest into scrolling myself a good khanjar or Maple Shield since I plan to grind it out?

And if so, do you think hunting the Kunoichis and Chunins at Ninja Castle are an efficient way to hunt for those 30/60 % Shield for ATT scrolls? I’ve tried them out for about 13 cumulative hours but they seem to be extremely rare.

2. Ashpple

Ashpple Red Snail

Oct 28, 2019
    Male
    7:41 AM
    Maple shield is going to be very expensive for a decent one (clean is usually more then 6m), try find a decent 'stolen fence' shield. also if you are gonna get a khanjar, even though its tempting try not to put too much dex/ str just to equip it, think about future equips and there stats before u add base stats.
    Many people have complained about the drop rate for those scrolls, you must have some insane will power to be farming them on a bandit.
    If your not gunna be meso bombing once you start leveling band of theives skill go to 'CD's' on my sader i make about 2 - 3m per hour profit.

Also get a damn zhelm.

3. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    Shadower
    Don't bother scrolling a good khanjar/maple shield - the maple shield is way too expensive for you to be able to even afford (it's ~30 mil a pop right now), and shield ATT scrolls are very expensive, with 60s sitting at a whopping ~13 mil and 70s at ~2.2 mil, which is more reasonable. It's probably better to just use a clean khanjar if you already have the str/dex, or buy a pre-scrolled one if the price is low enough (alternatively, a decent stolen fence is always an option).

The consensus on Chunins/Kunoichis is that the droprate is extremely low and that farming there is probably not worthwhile - it's much more consistent to farm at places like Master Chronos or CDs, once you get band of thieves.

Looking at your gear, I'd honestly recommend gunning for a luk earring, which is much cheaper without any real difference (dex/luk is basically the same unless you have maple warrior), and to get a ZHelm, which is by far the best investment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    2:41 AM
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    do you have a zhelm/scar helm yet?

5. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    I just want to mention that the cost of meso explosion is very overstated by most people. I didnt find it expensive at all, in many maps i was breaking even. In elderwraiths I was actually making money after selling soiled rags(although not by much, and the prices could be different now)

I was a completely unfunded bandit and more or less used ME all the way to 120. Doing it solo more often than not(but always get a priest if you can). late 9x id do some BoT training around just to mix it up and then always returned to ME.

Just something to consider, meso explosion is incredibly worth it. You just need to be efficient with your meso

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ashpple

Ashpple Red Snail

Oct 28, 2019
    Male
    7:41 AM
    Sorry, but i gotta acknowledge how similar our posts were LMAO.

7. wcb8

wcb8 Red Snail

Jun 19, 2020
    Male
    2:41 AM
    Shadower, Chief Bandit
    You're already at a way better start than I was.
    I'd definitely recommend getting some fast levels with meso explosion. I was also unfunded and way worse off than you but I thought the mesos spent was worth it (70-80 you can level every 15-20 minutes average). You also don't have to worry about gear when booming.

Later on when you get BoT, you can just grind/farm at CDs.
    You won't have to worry about your shield for a little longer.

8. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    Shadower
    Typed it at the same time and posted before I saw your post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, to add on, from my time bombing, the experience while exploding at elder wraiths was actually worse then straight grinding at Taipei 101 both mesos and experience wise, although that was when I just started so I'm unsure if I did it less efficiently. I'd also always recommend making sure you have a priest while grinding, since it just makes everything better - you get 50% more experience and the party bonus, which is incredible and helps you stretch your mesos, and also makes life easier for you since the priest will be the one gathering the mobs for you to bomb. This lets you rack up experience much quicker and save on pot costs, so IMO bombing without a priest is generally not really worthwhile, especially when party grind spots like CDs are so damn good.