1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Event Balance Changes and Bug Fixes

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Liszt

Liszt Slime

Nov 2, 2019
    5:08 AM
    franzLiszt
    Night Lord
    Pallies just got huge nerfs like 3 patches in a row. Why would I even continue playing my pally?

I liked the new crit formula for NL because i was able to pin nameless and now I can't even do that anymore. if that buff is getting reverted, can something be done about alchemist (maybe restore it to gms settings since this server is tryna be more GMS-like)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:08 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Unpopular opinion: Maybe AR isn't meant to benefit from spell booster the same way as Paralyze/CL.
    What about the relationship between Paralyze and CL?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Asheesh

Asheesh Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    12:08 PM
    People worried about not being allowed in bosses/ bossing parties; yall need some new friends.

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Funny Funny x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. sirunfunded

sirunfunded Slime

Jan 17, 2020
    Male
    sirunfunded
    Warrior
    Not any well thought out ideas, but top-of-mind (might resonate with some things the balance team is already considering)...

I saw you referenced Threaten as an under-rated bossing party skill. I don't think it quite scales up to provide tangible benefit for end-game bossing. Looking at the skill, it does little (-20w.att, -100w.def) versus HT (tail ex: 1750w.att, 1430w.def -> 1730w.att, 1330w.def).
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 1.21.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 1.21.21 PM.png

I don't know the exact formula, but I recall that in v62 mob defense is fairly insignificant. If I'm wrong about the impact of Threaten, please edify me... though going forward with the assumption that it's not enough of a benefit to include a Pally in a HT party – let me suggest a loosely-thought-out change:
    > Threaten: MP -20; enemy's weapon attack -5%, weapon def. -15%, accuracy -10% for 60 sec. (or similar effect, all representative here)
    Also generally think it's going to be critical to improve boss cleave damage for Pallys to make them somewhat useful without 200k HH damage. Here, I'd highly recommend a Charged Blow buff to make comparable (of course there needs to be lots of balancing considerations in conjunction w/ the Threaten buff here) to other warrior class cleave dmg.

Eager to hear thoughts and other options! :p

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    8:08 AM
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    It also needs to be noted that threaten only works from the very base center of HT/Zak, so if you want to bring that up in a bossing thread you would have to jump down from wherever you are attacking, cast threaten, and jump back up every 60 seconds. Obviously on zak body that is easier than HT. You can't even use it on preheads without hugging the bottom corner of the box There would need to be a significant spike to threatens range to make it anything other than a complete joke.

• Agree Agree x 10
  6. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    6:08 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    Lol imagine thinking a balance change is ok because "your friends will just carry you! It's fine!"

Just because I will still be able to HT doesn't mean I won't feel bad about bringing the worst attacking class possible.

• Agree Agree x 20
  7. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    The new crit formula might have been useful for pinning nameless but it ruined the grind for every sin/hermit/nl, since they could not reliably 1hit or 2hit the mobs they trained on. Hence why it was reverted.

IMO, would be realllllly nice to have some detailed thought/explanation/reasoning breakdown included for each of the skill changes in the original post.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Thank you! I’ll make sure to keep this in mind. It’d def be a more useful skill if it reduced percentage of att/def

• Like Like x 10
  9. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    2:08 PM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    the game was perfectly fine at 2017,KimberlyKimberly rename ur game to nerf legends pls

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    I really can't understand this argument, like at all.

BM's have SE, which is a huge DPM buff to everyone in the party.

Bucc's have SI which is a huge DPM buff to cleave (and sair/MM). Also, you acknowledged multiple times that Bucc's will get buffed in the near future, so they'll be stronger than pally but still have SI and TL.

I haven't HT'd on my sair so I won't comment on that one.

I feel bad for all my pally friends. I don't even have a pally, but nerfing HH by 75% and effective DPM nerf by ~30% at HT seems unnecessary and unfair. "They're still good at NT" is true but HT is still the most profitable end game boss by far.

• Agree Agree x 12
  11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:08 PM
    Moderator Post
    2016 users told me this in 2017 as well.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:08 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    jootajoota may I have your assumptions for your model? I'm not so sure if CL should really be seen as a single target skill though.

13. HittingStuff

HittingStuff Slime

Jan 9, 2020
    Male
    HittingStuff
    Paladin
    Agape
    Errr, without actually being able to run HT for a couple days I don't understand the changes to paladin at all. I understand HH is causing problems when it comes to multi but this seems like a really dramatic nerf no? As a mid tier pally who has played for a couple years, the napkin math I did this morning of new hammer plus blast didnt compare to just doing strictly blast during the run, which even then is a big hit to paladin dpm. I think this complicates things as new paladins will have to put in even more work to be useful at horntail like how an earlier new game player hinted at. Were these changes tested for paladins? I dont see how relevant they are now especially without party buffs.

I feel shelfed. Send help please.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    I shall send help soon... but I’m gonna board now. I’ll try to respond as best as I can when I’m back online!

15. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    2:08 PM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    everyone gangsta till Kimberly pulls the nerf hammer

16. Asheesh

Asheesh Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    12:08 PM
    Not saying your friends need to carry you lol.
    What I was getting at though not entirely serious, if playing this game is supposed to be fun and your ‘friends’ refuse to include you in content because ‘your class sucks now’ then maybe it would be best to remove yourself from these people for your own wellbeing.

I get the whole ‘playing efficiently is fun to some people’ that’s why I wouldn’t suggest taking this to heart.

plenty of guilds/ people will be still willing to take underrated classes I wouldn’t worry too much.

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Probably a nerf sword or spear, her nerf hammer would be 75% less effective

• Funny x 16
    • Great Work x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. kakuzu

kakuzu Red Snail

Jul 9, 2017
    Willem
    Fighter
    The "bug fixes" are so sus, the reason for so many changes is GMS this GMS that... You're forgetting the appeal of a private server (to make our experience more enjoyable by changing stupid inconvenient things about the game).

SI on mages is significantly more damage in bosses and significantly more exp per hour when grinding. You're screwing over new players with mages that aspire to grind to 200 (old players had the advantages of SI), and you just made Arch Mages even worse in bosses.

Double nerfing HH makes no sense. If you're going to shaft Paladins' cleaving abilities in bosses, at least change the cooldown of HH back to 10 seconds to make them better at training. I also like the idea of HH damage scaling with level, this would get rid of HH mules (it wouldn't be worth it to level a HH mule to like level 185). OR you could just make HH damage scale with the players actual damage... that way funded paladins (people actually playing the class) would do more cleave damage than a bloodwashed or luk paladin used only as a mule...

TBH at this point remove voting and make us pay for NX cause you want to be GMS so bad.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. HittingStuff

HittingStuff Slime

Jan 9, 2020
    Male
    HittingStuff
    Paladin
    Agape

This isn't how bossing culture works. Paid2win for example is one of my bestest maplestory buds(also a huge clown) but why would I expect him or want him to take me to HT when I can barely post passable numbers, and he has a plethora of runners to choose from? Sounds like I'd be leeching. Anyways it's a lot more complicated than "friendship" when it comes to bossing and hosting runs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    1:08 PM
    Camper
    There was already a heated discussion about HT availability on these forums no less than 20 days ago, it spoke volumes about how competitive it is.

So why is "still pretty good" being presented as something to be happy with?

• Agree Agree x 7