1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Users new to the server and YOU

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Sep 16, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:35 AM
    Moderator Post
    I agree to sone levels on this. One part of me tells me that I do not want to get over restrictive on Discord, but one part tells me I am really sick and tired of some people (where one of them got banned due to a different reason 2 days ago). I am pretty active on Discord and will make sure the shitty attitude to people get reduced.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    1:35 AM
    I mean for newer players that would want to go back and get the style back that they wanted, but yeah I do agree that 10mil is an acceptable price. SBC's (from a different server called Special Beauty Coupons) are also priced at 10mil but those were a completely random look with each coupon.

I also like the idea that it was released here, thanks for that btw :D

3. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
  4. PieGod

PieGod Snail

Sep 17, 2020
    Male
    4:35 AM
    PieGod
    Hermit
    honestly I do try my best to be nice and helpful to everyone I meet but

royals does suck tho lmao

5. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    I think about it more often than you'd guess.. how to impact new players positively early on in their journey and what types of resources could be missing from the forums that might help them. I still see tons of luk mages around and it tilts me. I alwaysss try saying "mages don't use luk in this server" and I'll show a lv130 wand to give them the idea. Most players appreciate those interactions. Other than that, new players just like being talked to like they're a normal person instead of a newb. I think their leveling peers are better suited to teasing them and veteran players can be breath of fresh air from that to just provide some guidance and listen to their plans. Often times, people just want me to listen to their ideas and plans and add some type of guidance to it. On top of that, I like saying "Ty for playing ML" because it does matter.
    For the forums one thing I think of is like Top 20 Things A New Player Should Know Before Starting Maple Legends:
    1. Mages are Lukless
    --- that'd be my contribution :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Incognito

Incognito Snail

Sep 18, 2020
    Beginner
    "go play another server" xd the amount of times ive seen this response to a disagreement. "Well, maybe i will" well played

7. godal

godal Blue Snail

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    Chief Bandit
    lore
    KimberlyKimberly , If you see this message, I need your help. I have sent you the details to your Discord. Thanks

8. WatIsDeze

WatIsDeze Horny Mushroom

May 1, 2020
    Camper
    Fwiw I think the Discord general chat is generally pretty chummy and helpful, issues only ever really arise when a discussion gets dragged on beyond the point of helpfulness.
    I'll admit tho I wasn't a huge fan of the place either when I first joined and I can see how newer players might not always feel immediately welcomed, but any claims that #general is just some constantly toxic hellhole are completely off-base imo.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    9:35 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Kimmy, could i kindly request that an extra confirmation chat box is added because i have personally accidentally wasted 10m selecting an old style that i didn't actually want...

please and thank you in advance :3

10. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    4:35 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    Can't agree more with this thread.

Not only has the #general chat turned me off and has already tested my limits so far with trolls or nonsense I deal with the internet, but there are just blatant cases. For instance, I had one that just went all out on me and even tried to contact me on a discord VC privately to do it further. It was something that in my country is considered illegal and could have led that person in jail/prosecution if he/she happened to be in the same country as I am. I did virtually nothing to deserve that just because my opinion doesn't match theirs.

And moreover, I get that yes we all can be comedians or want to have fun once in a while. But when you talk things that lean towards the serious or possibly bad area, don't expect people to take it lightly, since it's like making a SMEGA of a rule breaking joke like "Selling this account for real $$! Pm me.... JK JK^^".

To make matters worse as well, because of the limited capability of blocking on this already old Mushroom game, I still had people who still uses in game mules to whisper or mock me, even tagging me on discord, despite it being 2 weeks since I last chatted, even shamelessly right in front of Kimmy's GM character in the game. No offense but it's like these peeps just want you to be gone and never to come back.

11. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    you most likely got contacted from the people that surely aren't the most active in the discord chat, aka giving you a bad impression of #general