1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Self-Restricted] Cob's Clearing Maplestory Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cobbages, Dec 12, 2019.

1. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:51 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    This is a great idea, I did something VERY similar but only for my islander. I started at Snail Hunting Ground 1 and continued map by map trying to collect each drop (took to level 18 to get to the second map lol). I also included each hidden street. However as I set out to be an islander knowing this would end rather quickly, instead of just obtaining 1 of each drop, my goal was to obtain a perfect collection of each drop (so perfect stats on every equip, a full stack of etc items, enough of each scroll to scroll an item (so 7 bottom def 10% for example) and so on. I started this a year and a half ago, and although I have not played continuously, I am still not done yet! There are a handful of equips I still need a perfect of (Metal wand, Triangular zamadar, Steel Knuckles, Gold Surfboard, archer pants, wooden mallet, red thief shoes) but I finished all of the etc items and scrolls (except for omok tables but I won't be trying to complete that haha). My islander got to level 42 so far doing this, and it's my way of saying I "completed" Maple Island (seeing as I can 1-hit every mob with my ideal weapon, leveling up has no purpose anymore). Your idea is even more ambitious, love it!

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    cobbages

cobbages Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    this is awesome! i love iterations of iron modes. it's the reason i started this account. feel free to join me on victoria island, you've already got a headstart ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. whatbish

whatbish Slime

Dec 19, 2017
    Male
    4:51 AM
    whatbish
    Beginner
    You. Are. Insane.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    cobbages

cobbages Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    hello..um, it's been a while since i've posted anything on this thread. that's because, well...i've been indulging in my love and adoration of odd-jobs for the better part of 6 months. so, technically i've been here all along.

recently i was made aware of a challenge that my good pal SkuireSkuire began, a card collecting challenge. it's super fun, i highly recommend joining him! please go check out his post here. i actually joined him and in the midst of smacking stumps for that 2/5 card, it made me miss this hellish grind a bit. but big thanks to him for being fun and inspiring me and all that stuff.

one of the main reasons i fell off the radar is this guy...[​IMG] the grind for clearing these chubby fellas was mentally, physically, and spiritually exhausting.
    i'm going to post a few screenshots that i took months ago, just never got around to posting the update.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *(s/o to Dano cuz that guy celebrates everyone's advancements...i would know cuz i've made like 10 characters and he DM's me on every single one)*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so there i am, went and got a job and everything. the future of this challenge is uncertain. i do want to take another stab at clearing and see where it takes me though. more posts to come likely. see you around.

P.S. ~ I did not clear Octopus prior to entering Kerning City. I attempted to, but could not find the will to put myself through that...with a larger map than Blue Mushrooms and a spawn of only 5/45 total mobs I refused.
    [​IMG]
    I'm going to be revisiting my ruleset as I've skipped over a couple of mobs now, including Octo-boiz, Iron-baconators, and Banana-flingers. :heartbeat:

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    12:51 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Please take it easy but... there's a map with 8 octos and 2 blue mush's with a slightly better spawn rate
    In which you could've farmed octos more decently plus a blue mush supplement
    https://maplelegends.com/lib/map?id=102040001
    I think it's fair for you to abandom Clearing however, you've got permission from me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1